Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 878

Thread: The Mueller Report

  1. #11
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,404
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5748
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The correct analysis is this: An innocent man accused of a crime is expected to let the investigation proceed without interference: without attempts to stop it or otherwise compromise it.
    Oh, really?

    Attorney General William Barr: "[T]he White House fully cooperated with the Special Counsel’s investigation, providing unfettered access to campaign and White House documents, directing senior aides to testify freely, and asserting no privilege claims. And at the same time, the President took no act that in fact deprived the Special Counsel of the documents and witnesses necessary to complete his investigation. [...] [T]he President confirmed that, in the interests of transparency and full disclosure to the American people, he would not assert privilege over the Special Counsel’s report."

    You mean like that?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  3. #12
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,877
    Amen (Given)
    267
    Amen (Received)
    1477
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Not where the President is concerned. You've displayed absolutely no objectivity, Jim.

    Says the unobjective Cat.

    The fact I disagree with many of you does not necessarily mean I'm not objective Bill. The fact I am passionate about not allowing ones political inclinations to cause one to compromise ones personal morality is also not an indication I am not objective in my evaluation of these issues. To show examples of us not being objective, you need to show where we consistently did not yield to the facts. That is incredibly easy for to do as relates you and MM. All I have to do is go back to the bonkers conversation about the inauguration crowd where I put up detailed analysis of the photos in question and mathematics to define the apparent discrepancies and showed objectively there was no room for the inane theories of MM on that event, and yet not once, never did he acknowledge the simple facts (and neither did most participating in that thread)

    You will not find that same sort of absolute capacity to never yield to the simple facts in my posts. Ergo, by comparison (never vs sometimes), I am significantly more objective than MM.

    I will admit MM is an easy target, as NEVER is sort of like divide by infinity in this case. Doesn't matter much objectivity I might lack, compared to him, I'm objective. e.g 1,000,000/oo = 0.




    Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-18-2019 at 09:38 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. #13
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,404
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5748
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    I will admit MM is an easy target...
    Is that why you keep shooting yourself in your own foot?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  5. #14
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,877
    Amen (Given)
    267
    Amen (Received)
    1477
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Is that why you keep shooting yourself in your own foot?
    That is how you probably perceive it. But again, all I have to do is go back to the inauguration argument to make my point. I can also point back in this thread where I showed an accusation you made at me was completely false and you just cut that set of paragraphs out of my post in your response and never mentioned it again


    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  6. #15
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,404
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5748
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    That is how you probably perceive it. But again, all I have to do is go back to the inauguration argument to make my point. I can also point back in this thread where I showed an accusation you made at me was completely false and you just cut that set of paragraphs out of my post in your response and never mentioned it again
    Right...
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. #16
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,404
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5748
    Liberal logic:

    Liberals: "If Trump was innocent then he wouldn't have tried to obstruct the investigation!"
    AG Barr: "Trump never tried to obstruct the investigation."
    Liberals: "Oh yeah? Well, well, he's still guilty!"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #17
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,877
    Amen (Given)
    267
    Amen (Received)
    1477
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Liberal logic:

    Liberals: "If Trump was innocent then he wouldn't have tried to obstruct the investigation!"
    AG Barr: "Trump never tried to obstruct the investigation."
    Liberals: "Oh yeah? Well, well, he's still guilty!"
    Yeah - right! In a pigs eye!

    So the bottom line appears to be this:

    "The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests," the report said."

    https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...lic/index.html



    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  9. #18
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,844
    Amen (Given)
    1482
    Amen (Received)
    2980
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    "MM's go to response is dismissal"

    case in point.

    There is a lot of shady stuff in there, a lot of things I don't quite understand how they could not be clear cut obstruction ... contrary to your attempt to dismiss.

    No wonder they had to try to get out in front of the release of it!



    Jim
    Think someone can find ‘shady stuff’ on you with a team of investigators, with the full resources of the federal government, behind them?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  11. #19
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,443
    Amen (Given)
    7909
    Amen (Received)
    8161
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Says the unobjective Cat.
    I think you'll find that I typically wait until there is actual evidence before I comment.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  12. #20
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24,317
    Amen (Given)
    1629
    Amen (Received)
    4889
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yeah - right! In a pigs eye!

    So the bottom line appears to be this:

    "The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests," the report said."

    https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...lic/index.html



    Jim
    Actually Jim, Trump was acting just as most innocent men would in the face of a witch hunt. I would have been just as pissed.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •