Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The policy wasn't ignored. There were two questions to be answered in the following order:

1) Is there sufficient evidence to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that the President committed a crime?
    2) Can a sitting president be indicted?

Since the answer to the first question was an unequivocal no, the second question was never even brought into play.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• The only red rivers I recall in the bible are those filled with blood, firstfloor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The policy wasn't ignored. There were two questions to be answered in the following order:

1) Is there sufficient evidence to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that the President committed a crime?
        2) Can a sitting president be indicted?

Since the answer to the first question was an unequivocal no, the second question was never even brought into play.
        Mueller handled it differently. His starting point was that POTUS cannot be accused of a crime, but he can be investigated, and the proper authority to take action, if necessary, is Congress.

Comment

• Barr says Mueller "could've reached a decision" on whether Trump obstructed justice

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/william...ice-exclusive/
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Comment

• If anybody is muddying the waters, it's the dirty cop with his "guilty until exonerated by the prosecution" nonsense.

If Congress doesn't move to impeach, it's because they don't have a case, they're afraid it would energize Trump's base, and there are enough vulnerable Democrats in the House who will be up for reelection in 2020 that a successful impeachment is not guaranteed.

Comment

If anybody is muddying the waters, it's the dirty cop with his "guilty until exonerated by the prosecution" nonsense.

If Congress doesn't move to impeach, it's because they don't have a case, they're afraid it would energize Trump's base, and there are enough vulnerable Democrats in the House who will be up for reelection in 2020 that a successful impeachment is not guaranteed.

Comment

"After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense. Our determination was made without regard to, and is not based on, the constitutional considerations that surround the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting president."
                  -Attorney General William Barr

Barr is not an objective souce. He has already proven that.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    Barr is not an objective souce. He has already proven that.

Jim
                    Seriously, this baseless narrative has gotten old. Don't you have anything better?

Comment

Seriously, this baseless narrative has gotten old. Don't you have anything better?
                      What has gotten old is the endless list of excuses you have for dismissing bahavior in the Trump admistration you'd have written pages condemning had it been part of the obama administration.

Barr has shown himself to be a shameless defender of the Trump administration. Any claim he makes concerning issues related to Trump must be validated by an known impartial source before it can be believed.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        What has gotten old is the endless list of excuses you have for dismissing bahavior in the Trump admistration you'd have written pages condemning had it been part of the obama administration.
                        What behavior? Trump didn't do anything wrong, which is why the dirty cop could only write the most wishy-washy legal brief in history.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Barr has shown himself to be a shameless defender of the Trump administration. Any claim he makes concerning issues related to Trump must be validated by an known impartial source before it can be believed.

Jim
                        This is what Trump Derangement Syndrome sounds like. Seriously, man, try being a rational person for a change. You might like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          No, that's just what you Trump supporters would like to think. Mueller made it clear in his press conference that his intent, and the point of a special council investigation, is to turn the evidence over to Congress for determination. Atty Gen Barr has nothing to do with it, and he knows it. He can't clear the president, he can say it, but it means nothing, nor can he stop the Congress from doing their oversight responsibilities.
                          No, that's not correct. The statute that created and defines the office of Special Counsel states that the report goes to the AG. The AG decides how much or how little -- including zero -- of that report goes to Congress. The Special Counsel is not the same as the now defunct Independent Counsel.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Who did Mueller turn his report over to, JimL? Congress or Barr?
                            He is an employee of the DOJ which Atty Gen is the head honcho, it is the head honcho's responsibility to turn it over to Congress, not to make his own determination. Think of it this way, the Atty Gen's determination means nothing at all, if it did, there would be no option for Congress to do anything. Case would be closed. But it isn't closed, Congress can do something, because it is the responsibility of Congress to make those determination, not the Presidents appointed lackey.

Comment

• I think you're way off base there ff. I have no doubt whatsoever that Congress will file for impeachment, as soon as they better inform the public as to exactly what the president and his administration are guilty of, or sooner if Pelosi is pushed into it sooner. If the public in general is not well informed, the totally corrupt republican Senate will take advantage of that fact and aquit the President, but an informed public will make the Republicans think twice, just as happened as a result of the public Watergate hearings.

Comment

What behavior? Trump didn't do anything wrong, which is why the dirty cop could only write the most wishy-washy legal brief in history.

This is what Trump Derangement Syndrome sounds like. Seriously, man, try being a rational person for a change. You might like it.
                                you're funny sometimes MM.

Comment