Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    He is an employee of the DOJ which Atty Gen is the head honcho, it is the head honcho's responsibility to turn it over to Congress, not to make his own determination. Think of it this way, the Atty Gen's determination means nothing at all, if it did, there would be no option for Congress to do anything. Case would be closed. But it isn't closed, Congress can do something, because it is the responsibility of Congress to make those determination, not the Presidents appointed lackey.
    Here is the order appointing Mueller.

Here is the "600" section of Title 28 mentioned in that order.

Here is the subsection that defines the reporting done by the Special Counsel.

Here is the subsection defining the reporting done by the AG.

Would you like to revise any of your statements?
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I think you're way off base there ff. I have no doubt whatsoever that Congress will file for impeachment, as soon as they better inform the public as to exactly what the president and his administration are guilty of, or sooner if Pelosi is pushed into it sooner. If the public in general is not well informed, the totally corrupt republican Senate will take advantage of that fact and aquit the President, but an informed public will make the Republicans think twice, just as happened as a result of the public Watergate hearings.
      The Chuck Toddcast of 22 May has an interesting discussion on this point.

Also, Mueller makes a profit! - see Rachel’s latest.
      Last edited by firstfloor; 05-31-2019, 05:38 AM.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Here is the order appointing Mueller.

Here is the "600" section of Title 28 mentioned in that order.

Here is the subsection that defines the reporting done by the Special Counsel.

Here is the subsection defining the reporting done by the AG.

Would you like to revise any of your statements?
        Can Congress impeach the President, regardless of the Atty Gen's summary of that report? What the Atty Gen' has to say about it means nothing, he can't simply exonerate the accused, and if he, being corrupt himself, chooses to hide the report from Congress in order to protect the corrupt President, then the Congress can not only impeach the President, they can impeach the Atty Gen. The Congress, not the criminal justice system, is the only body that can try the President and the Atty Gen has no sway over them.

Comment

He is an employee of the DOJ which Atty Gen is the head honcho, it is the head honcho's responsibility to turn it over to Congress, not to make his own determination. Think of it this way, the Atty Gen's determination means nothing at all, if it did, there would be no option for Congress to do anything. Case would be closed. But it isn't closed, Congress can do something, because it is the responsibility of Congress to make those determination, not the Presidents appointed lackey.
          so Mueller wrote his report for Barr then, as I said. It was Barr's job to do with it what he wanted. Whether to charge Trump or not charge him. That was Barr's job. Not congress. Congress has no power in that regard.

----
          Thereafter, 90 days before the beginning of each fiscal year, the Special Counsel shall report to the Attorney General the status of the investigation, and provide a budget request for the following year. The Attorney General shall determine whether the investigation should continue and, if so, establish the budget for the next year.

(b)Notification of significant events. The Special Counsel shall notify the Attorney General of events in the course of his or her investigation in conformity with the Departmental guidelines with respect to Urgent Reports.

(c)Closing documentation. At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.8
          Last edited by Sparko; 05-31-2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              What behavior? Trump didn't do anything wrong ...
              I doubt very much there is any legal or moral system on this planet that has supported any semblance of stable civilization where this statement would be considerred true.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                I doubt very much there is any legal or moral system on this planet that has supported any semblance of stable civilization where this statement would be considerred true.

Jim
                Obviously my statement was made within a specific context. If we're talking in general, there's not a single one of us who could truthfully say that we've never done anything wrong, but that's all beside the point.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Rudy Giuliani:

"I dare [Robert Mueller] to testify. I’d love to see Meadows and Jordan cross-examine him on when did he find out there was no collusion? Exactly why would you hire Andrew Weissmann, who is the most notorious and unethical prosecutor of the last 20 to 30 years? I’m not just saying that, the Justice Department has written that. Judges have written that. Every defense lawyer you’ll meet will tell you that."

Comment

Obviously my statement was made within a specific context. If we're talking in general, there's not a single one of us who could truthfully say that we've never done anything wrong, but that's all beside the point.
                    Yeah - typical trump mode. E.g. Trump is excused having had multiple affairs because not one of us has not looked at a women admiringly. But this is what is required with Trump. The bar is so low, any other apprach (like say - an appeal to the general moral standards most of us maintain easily) just won't work.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Yeah - typical trump mode. E.g. Trump is excused having had multiple affairs because not one of us has not looked at a women admiringly. But this is what is required with Trump. The bar is so low, any other apprach (like say - an appeal to the general moral standards most of us maintain easily) just won't work.

Jim
                      After you're done burning straw men, would you mind opening the window to allow the smoke to clear out? Thanks.

Comment

After you're done burning straw men, would you mind opening the window to allow the smoke to clear out? Thanks.
                        Predictable, but sad. You excuse Trump at every moment for everything.

I suppose you will excuse Pompeo cavalierly dismissing reports Kim Jong Un executed at least some members of the negotiating team at the Hanoi summit by saying:

Source: Pomeo

Just as president Trump will get to decide who his negotiators will be, so Kim Jong Un will get to decide who his negotiators will be ...

© Copyright Original Source

This is his reply to the fact the REASON some of the negotiators might be different is that they were executed or sent to concentration camps!

( NOTE: This is not a verbatum quote as I did not take the time to transcribe it word for word from the video, which at least for now can be found attached to this article )

Jim

Comment

• Given the calibre of the Trump haters, I consider him to have as close to impeccable credentials as can be expected of a politician.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            Given the calibre of the Trump haters, I consider him to have as close to impeccable credentials as can be expected of a politician.
                            Given the calibre of Trump lovers, I consider him to be correct in that he could shoot someone dead on 5th ave in broad daylight and they would still support and defend him. He knows his ya'll well.

Comment

He knows his ya'll well.
                              Kinda sounds like the woman who got shot in the fracas and the bullet is in her yet.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• "He knows his y'all well."

I love that phrase! I'm going to have to find ways to work it into my posts.

Comment