Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mueller Report

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Mueller found no evidence that any laws were broken. What was Barr supposed to do, indict Trump anyway? This isn't a power grab, it's just a common sense application of the law.

Mueller found no evidence that any US citizen conspired or coordinated with Russia in the 2016 election, and last I checked, Donald Trump is a US citizen. Sorry, but even your "non-criminal collusion" narrative was debunked by Mueller himself.

Your rants are becoming increasingly disconnected from reality to the point that I must admit to some difficulty in how I should respond. Like Charles Babbage famously said, "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    Gaslight much

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Nobody does.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Barr asked Sen. Harris “on what basis” he should recuse himself from the investigations.

“Conflict of interest, clear conflict of interest,”
    “What’s my conflict of interest?” Barr asked.
    “I think the American public has seen quite well that you are biased in this situation and you’ve not been objective and that would arguably be the conflict of interest,” (Emphasis mine)

Yet another blowhard who wrote checks she couldn't back up. The press is acting like she schooled Barr. She didn't. He basically told her repeatedly that she has no idea what an AG is supposed to do. And then there's this piece of joy...

Harris: “Did you consult with DOJ ethics officials before you enlisted Rod Rosenstein to participate in a charging decision for an investigation that subject of which he’s also a witness?"

Rosenstein was a member of the team for 2 years, long before Barr was confirmed, and never ONCE was his participation challenged by Congress, or Harris specifically, until the investigation concluded in a way she didn't like.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    Gaslight much
    Your vacuous rejoinder and inability to address the facts as presented is noted.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Barr asked Sen. Harris “on what basis” he should recuse himself from the investigations.

“I think the American public has seen quite well that you are biased in this situation and you’ve not been objective and that would arguably be the conflict of interest,” (Emphasis mine)

Yet another blowhard who wrote checks she couldn't back up. The press is acting like she schooled Barr. She didn't. He basically told her repeatedly that she has no idea what an AG is supposed to do. And then there's this piece of joy...

Harris: “Did you consult with DOJ ethics officials before you enlisted Rod Rosenstein to participate in a charging decision for an investigation that subject of which he’s also a witness?"

Rosenstein was a member of the team for 2 years, long before Barr was confirmed, and never ONCE was his participation challenged by Congress, or Harris specifically, until the investigation concluded in a way she didn't like.
    Yes, there were many moments like that throughout the hearing, where the staggering ignorance and idiocy of the Democrats was put on display for all to see.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Then the entirety of the democratic senators should recuse themselves for conflict of interest. Their bias is unabashed. Even when the investigation proved otherwise they can't let it go. They started to attack the very people they put in charge of the investigation. They were not interested in the truth, but in just getting a big enough bat to knock Trump out of office. If that isn't bias I don't know what is.

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Then the entirety of the democratic senators should recuse themselves for conflict of interest. Their bias is unabashed. Even when the investigation proved otherwise they can't let it go. They started to attack the very people they put in charge of the investigation. They were not interested in the truth, but in just getting a big enough bat to knock Trump out of office. If that isn't bias I don't know what is.
    As one observer put it - "they wanted an outcome, not an investigation".
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

11. Amen Mountain Man, RumTumTugger, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Your vacuous rejoinder and inability to address the facts as presented is noted.
    Your last paragraph was all I was responding to, where you try to imply I am somehow disconnected from reality, which is your 'go to' implication when you can't find anything meaningful to say in response. It's formal name is 'gaslighting'.

As for your other 'facts', I have already addressed them multiple times, and your response has been to simply ignore my responses and repeat them again and again and again ... as if they have meaning, and as if no response had been given. In fact, the post I made which you responded to in fact also addressed them directly, and yet what do you do? Just repeat your talking points again mindlessly, as if they have meaning.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Your last paragraph was all I was responding to...
    Presumably because you couldn't convincingly respond to the rest.

Tell me, if Mueller's report is as damning as you and the Democrats claim it is then why are they bothering with the theatrics of questioning Barr instead of immediately filing for impeachment with Mueller's report as their key piece of evidence? Well, I think the answer is pretty obvious, don't you?