Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

42,000 year old foal found frozen in time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42,000 year old foal found frozen in time.

In Russia they found a complete frozen foal with blood and urine.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/europe/prehistoric-foal-liquid-blood-urine-trnd-scli-scn-intl/index.html

(CNN)Russian researchers have found liquid blood and urine inside the frozen carcass of a foal that died 42,000 years ago in Siberia's Verkhoyansk region.

The animal's body fluids were extracted during an autopsy and tested in the hope of cloning the extinct species, according to Semyon Grigoriev, director of the Mammoth Museum at Northeastern Federal University (NEFU) in Yakutsk.
    Mammoth tusk hunters discovered the ancient foal embedded in the permafrost of the massive Batagaika crater during the summer of 2018, on a day when the temperature had plummeted to -67.8 degrees Celsius (-90 degrees Fahrenheit).

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Jurassic sheep.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      Jurassic sheep.
      ???
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Jurassic sheep.
        A foal is a young horse

This is actually the second time researchers have extracted liquid blood from the remains of a prehistoric creature. Back in 2013 Russian scientists accomplished the same feat using the body of a 15,000 year old female woolly mammoth.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One important consequence of this discovery is the genetic material related to the evolution of the horse.

Frank

Comment

I forgot that it was not a sheep.
            sigpic

Comment

I forgot that it was not a sheep.
              the correct answer was "Talk about bleeding a dead horse!" but we appreciate your efforts in this matter
              "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                the correct answer was "Talk about bleeding a dead horse!" but we appreciate your efforts in this matter

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment