Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sri Lanka terror attack; over 200 dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Right, just like a young woman wearing a mini skirt is asking to be raped.
    Just "asking for it"

It's no different than the leftist belief that conservatives deserve what they get if they have the audacity to wear a MAGA hat or openly admit to being conservative.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      How so?
      Maybe we are being too nice. Maybe we just admit that Islam is incompatible with western civilization, and it has to go. Destroy their holy places and burn their books.

There would need to be a period of adjustment. We would need to be straight with them; we’re doing it not for their benefit but for ours. We will show them how to kill a God, because this world cannot afford more than one God.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

200 killed by terrorists and the main response here is to complain that Obama didn't say "Christians".
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          200 killed by terrorists and the main response here is to complain that Obama didn't say "Christians".
          I don't think that's the "main response", I'll go back and check.... I think the main response is that the media is so reluctant to call this what it was --- Islamic Terrorism - again!

HOWEVER, I have to agree that I find this focus on "Easter Worshipers" a bit odd. There are, indeed, many Christians who pretty much ONLY attend Church on Easter (and maybe Christmas), and it's maybe a way of noting that there were probably higher numbers of persons at risk because it was, indeed, an EASTER service.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

For someone who has a passion for picking nits this statement is not even close to accurate.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I only count five posts making mention of the "Easter worshippers" thing.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                And the first two pages were almost exclusively about who was responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Did you count this one?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I don't think that's the "main response", I'll go back and check.... I think the main response is that the media is so reluctant to call this what it was --- Islamic Terrorism - again!
                    That was my impression from this thread.

I haven't seen any reluctance on the part of the media here to say that Christians (and tourists) were targeted, or that the suspected culprits are Islamic.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

That was my impression from this thread.
                      I'm shocked.

I haven't seen any reluctance on the part of the media here to say that Christians (and tourists) were targeted, or that the suspected culprits are Islamic.
                      Absolutely stunned, in fact!

Comment

I heard yesterday morning on our local news that "authorities were not naming" the culprits when, indeed, the Sri Lankan government had already mentioned the Islamic group. So there is definitely a reluctance to "name names" there.

To be fair, the local news did, in the same breath, mention that the attack was on Christians.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Compare how this story is being covered by the media to the mosque attacks in New Zealand.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Compare how this story is being covered by the media to the mosque attacks in New Zealand.
                            00000000000000ab000-00a.jpg

Comment

And just for Roy :

Comment

I'd love to see an analysis of a comparison of the coverage.

Comment