Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sri Lanka terror attack; over 200 dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    George Washington
    Progress is slow!
    Washington lived before the likes of Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin ...
    About the only non-religious group that might have been on his radar would be the Tatars, and they had long since been consigned to cobwebbed-over history. There is a plethora of Atheistic examples to draw on today, which demonstrates that intolerant ideology doesn't need a god to rip people's lives apart.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It seems to be far less covered than the New Zealand attack, ...
      Not AFAICT. It may even be the other way round - there were British victims in Sri Lanka.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Not AFAICT. It may even be the other way round - there were British victims in Sri Lanka.
        There were a couple of Americans as well but at least over here the story was a one or two day affair whereas the New Zealand shooting coverage lasted the better part of a week.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There were a couple of Americans as well but at least over here the story was a one or two day affair whereas the New Zealand shooting coverage lasted the better part of a week.
          Not only was it extensively covered, but the Democrats and their media allies did everything they could to create even a tenuous link between the gunmen and Trump.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Not only was it extensively covered, but the Democrats and their media allies did everything they could to create even a tenuous link between the gunmen and Trump.
            It's always Trump's fault. I hate Trump. But I love bacon.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36591[/ATTACH]
              From the ever hilarious Babylon Bee:

Source: Missed It By That Much: Hillary Clinton Almost Wins 'Wheel Of Fortune' But Then Shouts 'Easter Worshiper' Instead Of 'Christian'

Some people think Hillary Clinton is robotic and hard to sympathize with, but even our hearts went out to her on this one.

On a special politicians' episode of Wheel of Fortune, failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton nearly took home the grand prize. She was on the last puzzle of the regular rounds of the game, which read, CHRISTI_N. The audience began to cheer as it appeared Clinton had finally won something.

But, as is usual for Clinton, she snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and shouted "Easter worshiper!" instead of the obvious answer, which was "Christian."

Heartbreaker!

Clinton has demanded an appeal, claiming that although she lost fair and square, she feels like she won, as Christians are kinda Easter worshipers, even though no one ever says that.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And just like that "Easter worshipers" became Christians:

Comment