Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: Sri Lanka terror attack; over 200 dead

  1. #11
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,665
    Amen (Given)
    1766
    Amen (Received)
    4676
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Are Hindu terrorists known for wearing suicide vests?
    Yes. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...iraq-sri-lanka
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

  2. #12
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,462
    Amen (Given)
    5615
    Amen (Received)
    1811
    Humans are just horrible. Why are humans mean to others just because they are different? To the point of murder?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  3. #13
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,000
    Amen (Given)
    15939
    Amen (Received)
    9714
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Humans are just horrible. Why are humans mean to others just because they are different? To the point of murder?
    Jeremiah 17:9

    “The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately wicked;
    Who can understand it?


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  4. #14
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,462
    Amen (Given)
    5615
    Amen (Received)
    1811
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Jeremiah 17:9

    “The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately wicked;
    Who can understand it?
    Evil people are just evil? But why would I not want to actually hurt people who I disagree with? I wouldn't act like that! Mainly because Jesus doesn't want me to do that, but I also don't want to!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  5. #15
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,025
    Amen (Given)
    5847
    Amen (Received)
    6508
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Interesting... The information I can find suggests that the Tamil Tigers would be more likely to attack government targets and not Christian churches.

    Anyway, there's no question about who's behind this latest incident:

    Source: Breitbart

    A local Islamist terrorist group called National Thowfeek Jamaath was responsible for multiple Easter Sunday suicide bomb attacks against Christians and luxury hotel guests in Sri Lanka, government officials on Monday revealed.

    Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne told a news conference that all the bombers were Sri Lankan citizens.

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2019/...nal-emergency/

    © Copyright Original Source

    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  6. #16
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,360
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Evil people are just evil? But why would I not want to actually hurt people who I disagree with? I wouldn't act like that! Mainly because Jesus doesn't want me to do that, but I also don't want to!
    These people are engaged in holy war. Their enemies provide the reasons to fight. Their grievances go back a long way. We either have to fight the war even harder than they do, even to the point of killing their memory of past injustices, or give them justice. For that, we need to have a sense of our own sin towards them.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  7. #17
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,025
    Amen (Given)
    5847
    Amen (Received)
    6508
    It seems that prominent Democrats, including former president Barack Obama and two-time failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, can't bring themselves to admit that this attack was against Christians, referring to them more ambiguously as "Easter worshippers".

    https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...ot-christians/

    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #18
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,025
    Amen (Given)
    5847
    Amen (Received)
    6508
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    These people are engaged in holy war. Their enemies provide the reasons to fight. Their grievances go back a long way. We either have to fight the war even harder than they do, even to the point of killing their memory of past injustices, or give them justice. For that, we need to have a sense of our own sin towards them.
    What a sick and depraved rationalization for the murder of nearly 300 people.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  9. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
  10. #19
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,521
    Amen (Given)
    1801
    Amen (Received)
    5224
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What a sick and depraved rationalization for the murder of nearly 300 people.
    Right, some people did something...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  11. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  12. #20
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Land of the Large Atmosphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,591
    Amen (Given)
    1411
    Amen (Received)
    4022
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It seems that prominent Democrats, including former president Barack Obama and two-time failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, can't bring themselves to admit that this attack was against Christians, referring to them more ambiguously as "Easter worshippers".

    https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...ot-christians/

    If only there was some word by which we could easily identify these "Easter worshippers."
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

  13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •