Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I don't think the Democrats want to tarnish Mueller. If they did that then it would call the entire investigation into question. But you'd think they would be eager to have him testify. Just imagine...

"Mr. Mueller, did you decline to indict the President or to recommend indictment only because of Department of Justice rules saying that a sitting president can not be indicted?"

"That is correct, Mr. Chairman."

(Grinning like a Cheshire cat) "And are you prepared today to tell us why you think the President should be indicted?"

"Yes, Mr. Chairman. If you'll turn to page 107 of my report..."

Of course it wouldn't play out like that, and the Democrats know it. Their best bet at this point is to keep Mueller out of the spotlight.
    they both want to have him come in and say something to condemn Trump and Barr, but at the same time they are afraid it will backfire. Like the lawyers say, "Never ask a question you don't already know what the answer will be"

That is why they are being reluctant to bring him him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      they both want to have him come in and say something to condemn Trump and Barr, but at the same time they are afraid it will backfire. Like the lawyers say, "Never ask a question you don't already know what the answer will be"

That is why they are being reluctant to bring him him.
      Right... because one of the big questions he'll be asked is "When did you determine that neither the President nor his campaign had conspired with Russia, and why did you choose not to conclude your investigation at that point?" There's no way he can truthfully answer that question without exposing himself as a political hack. Perhaps that's what the CNN article meant when it said that "Mueller does not want to appear political".
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't think the Democrats want to tarnish Mueller. If they did that then it would call the entire investigation into question. But you'd think they would be eager to have him testify. Just imagine...

"Mr. Mueller, did you decline to indict the President or to recommend indictment only because of Department of Justice rules saying that a sitting president can not be indicted?"

"That is correct, Mr. Chairman."

(Grinning like a Cheshire cat) "And are you prepared today to tell us why you think the President should be indicted?"

"Yes, Mr. Chairman. If you'll turn to page 107 of my report..."

Of course it wouldn't play out like that, and the Democrats know it. Their best bet at this point is to keep Mueller out of the spotlight.
        Mueller's response would be that his not recommending indictment of the President isn't because of the OLC rule preventing a sitting president from being indicted, but that because of that rule, if he should recommend indictment, the President, the accused, would be unable to defend himself. That's why he left that decision to Congress, like it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Mueller's response would be that his not recommending indictment of the President isn't because of the OLC rule preventing a sitting president from being indicted, but that because of that rule, if he should recommend indictment, the President, the accused, would be unable to defend himself. That's why he left that decision to Congress, like it or not.
          Who spoon fed you that talking point?

Because an answer like that would pretty much expose Mueller as a political hack who was doing the bidding of the Democrat party.

Furthermore, you apparently still haven't figured out that Mueller works for the Attorney General and not Congress, and that the Attorney General was under no obligation to release the report to Congress.

Comment

Who spoon fed you that talking point?

Because an answer like that would pretty much expose Mueller as a political hack who was doing the bidding of the Democrat party.

Furthermore, you apparently still haven't figured out that Mueller works for the Attorney General and not Congress, and that the Attorney General was under no obligation to release the report to Congress.
            What are you afraid of, MM? You don't want to see Mueller testify publicly, you don't want to see McGahn testify, you don't want the American people to be better informed? Of course you don't, for the same reason Trump is stonewalling, you're both afraid of the cover-up and the obstruction being exposed. It's coming anyway my friend, not that anything could ever shame you naive, easily led dupes.

Comment

• Man, you really are an NPC, aren't you? Where your responses only loosely correspond to what I've written. It's curious how Democrats like Nutty Nadler are dragging their feet to have Mueller appear.

Another Captain Obvious approach being generally overlooked, is the conspicuous absence of the soft-coup team in media.

Where is Lisa Page? …Peter Strzok? ….James Baker? ….Nellie Ohr? …Etc.

Why don’t the media have them appearing for interviews to highlight just how horrible President Trump’s grand scheme was?

Why are panel discussions from high-brow Washington DC think tanks not petitioning Page, Strzok, Baker, Ohr, or any other member of the network to appear and discuss the ramifications of having to investigate Trump’s Russia conspiracy/collusion matters?

The Russian election interference efforts were horrible right? How come we are not hearing from the front-line soldiers who were dispatched to defend our interests?

Why are the satellite trucks missing from in front of the witnesses houses? These are key people who would be able to outline how terrible Trump plotted to usurp the election. Why doesn’t the media have a desire to track them down for comment on the Mueller report as a precursor to the report release?

There was a grand Trump-Russia conspiracy right? ….right? …So where’s the media interest in advancing that narrative through the use of those who would have been closest to the work?

The Mueller investigation begun in May 2017 and was an extension of the DOJ and FBI team’s work that begun in July 2016 right? …So why are we not hearing from the people who were directly on the front-lines of that investigation? They are no longer in government; they are free to talk…

So where’s the lengthy investigative reporting on 60 Minutes with those people who are no longer inside government and completely free to tell their story of how hard they worked to protect the country from a possible Trump-Russia conspiracy?

Think about it….

Why the conspicuous absence of media?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...er-to-testify/

Comment

Man, you really are an NPC, aren't you? Where your responses only loosely correspond to what I've written. It's curious how Democrats like Nutty Nadler are dragging their feet to have Mueller appear.

Another Captain Obvious approach being generally overlooked, is the conspicuous absence of the soft-coup team in media.

Where is Lisa Page? …Peter Strzok? ….James Baker? ….Nellie Ohr? …Etc.

Why don’t the media have them appearing for interviews to highlight just how horrible President Trump’s grand scheme was?

Why are panel discussions from high-brow Washington DC think tanks not petitioning Page, Strzok, Baker, Ohr, or any other member of the network to appear and discuss the ramifications of having to investigate Trump’s Russia conspiracy/collusion matters?

The Russian election interference efforts were horrible right? How come we are not hearing from the front-line soldiers who were dispatched to defend our interests?

Why are the satellite trucks missing from in front of the witnesses houses? These are key people who would be able to outline how terrible Trump plotted to usurp the election. Why doesn’t the media have a desire to track them down for comment on the Mueller report as a precursor to the report release?

There was a grand Trump-Russia conspiracy right? ….right? …So where’s the media interest in advancing that narrative through the use of those who would have been closest to the work?

The Mueller investigation begun in May 2017 and was an extension of the DOJ and FBI team’s work that begun in July 2016 right? …So why are we not hearing from the people who were directly on the front-lines of that investigation? They are no longer in government; they are free to talk…

So where’s the lengthy investigative reporting on 60 Minutes with those people who are no longer inside government and completely free to tell their story of how hard they worked to protect the country from a possible Trump-Russia conspiracy?

Think about it….

Why the conspicuous absence of media?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...er-to-testify/
                They need to keep folks like that out of the limelight and under wraps so that they can continue to sneer and smirk at the evidence that nearly all of the chicanery surrounding the 2016 election and its aftermath were committed by their fellow travelers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  They need to keep folks like that out of the limelight and under wraps so that they can continue to sneer and smirk at the evidence that nearly all of the chicanery surrounding the 2016 election and its aftermath were committed by their fellow travelers.
                  So, you're also afraid of the truth getting out, eh rogue. Funny how the Republican party and it's constituent lemmings are all of a sudden anti-transparency. What is it, is it that you're in too deep and just don't want to face up to the ignorance of your three year defense of the wannabe tyrant, or are you just of bad character and complicit with Trumps attempted overthrow of democratic government?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    So, you're also afraid of the truth getting out, eh rogue. Funny how the Republican party and it's constituent lemmings are all of a sudden anti-transparency. What is it, is it that you're in too deep and just don't want to face up to the ignorance of your three year defense of the wannabe tyrant, or are you just of bad character and complicit with Trumps attempted overthrow of democratic government?
                    The truth is already out Jim. That's why most of the House doesn't want to pursue impeachment.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Derp. Rogue06 is referring to Democrat desires to keep things under wraps, Jimmy. Pay attention.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        It's funny how throughout the past two-years, liberals have been confidently telling us, "It's only a matter of time before Mueller has the goods on Trump, and then his presidency will be over!" And then when the dirty cop served up a big, fat nothing burger with a side of nothing, without missing a beat, the narrative shifted to "It's only a matter of time before Congress has the goods on Trump, and then his presidency will be over!"

Comment

It's funny how throughout the past two-years, liberals have been confidently telling us, "It's only a matter of time before Mueller has the goods on Trump, and then his presidency will be over!" And then when the dirty cop served up a big, fat nothing burger with a side of nothing, without missing a beat, the narrative shifted to "It's only a matter of time before Congress has the goods on Trump, and then his presidency will be over!"
                          And with the route they're taking they will succeed. In 2024.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            The truth is already out Jim. That's why most of the House doesn't want to pursue impeachment.
                            All of the Democrat House wants to pursue impeachment, some want to do it now, but the leadership, wisely in my opinion, want to better inform the american people as to what the administration is guilty of; apparently there are a bunch of dumbells out there who haven't quite figured it out yet, before they pursue impeachment, so that the complicit GOP Senate will think twice about aquiting the treasonous criminal in the White House. It's about putting all the evidence out there, including witness testimony for public consumption, which obviously scares to death those of you who are complicit with the attempted overthrow of your own democratic government.

Comment

All of the Democrat House wants to pursue impeachment, some want to do it now, but the leadership, wisely in my opinion, want to better inform the american people as to what the administration is guilty of; apparently there are a bunch of dumbells out there who haven't quite figured it out yet, before they pursue impeachment, so that the complicit GOP Senate will think twice about aquiting the treasonous criminal in the White House. It's about putting all the evidence out there, including witness testimony for public consumption, which obviously scares to death those of you who are complicit with the attempted overthrow of your own democratic government.
                              They know they have nothing illegal and are just dragging this out to make Trump seem even more unhinged than he is.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                They know they have nothing illegal and are just dragging this out to make Trump seem even more unhinged than he is.
                                If they have nothing illegal, you treasonous Trumpster's wouldn't be running in fear of public hearings. The only one dragging this out is Trump with all of his obstruction. And you know what they say, "if it walks like a duck"! Trump is up to his eyeballs in the swamp of his own creation and the only way out now is to overthrow the government which it has been his intention from the get go anyhow. I don't think you're quite as dumb as you look, Bill, so I can only assume you to be complicit in your support for the treasonous criminal.

Comment