Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Mueller: The Atty Gen's summary "did not capture the context,, nature, or substance of the special councils report." Btw, the special council never exonerated the President on obstruction, but Barr did. Yet we know that the evidence of obstruction, as evinced in the report itself, is way beyond a reasonable doubt. And that doesn't count the many federal and state criminal charges that the President is facing whether he is impeached or not concerning conspiracy.

He had already testified to congress that he would release everything in the report that he could without jeopardizing national security. He had no choice but to attempt to look as though he was actually doing the peoples business and not the presidents.
    Yes, and it was Barr's choice whether or not to release, you dope! By the time he testified, he had already been briefed on the report by Mueller and his team, so he knew there wasn't anything there that could damage innocent parties.

As for Mueller's complaint, it was about style and not content. Barr has Mueller on record saying the letter was neither inaccurate nor misleading. Mueller simply preferred his summary. Big deal.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Well, that's Trumps only bet at the moment. If the dems impeach now, without public hearings, without all the evidence being out there for the american people to see, then that would give cover to the majority republican Senate to aquit and it would all be for not. The dems want the american people to see all the evidence, to hear all the testimony, so that when the Senate has its trial, presided over by Justice Roberts, they will think twice about aquitting the President when his unfitness for the job is well known by the public. It's going to happen, no doubt about that, but it will happen according to the dems timeline, not the Presidents. Aren't you glad Nancy Pelosi became speaker now!
      Yeah, just as certainly as all of your pronouncements on how Mueller's report would establish that Trump colluded with the Russians.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Only moments ago...

“We’re not at that place,” Pelosi said at a Thursday news conference, when the question of impeachment came up. That caution came after she noted that the investigations currently underway in the House could lead to “a place that is unavoidable in terms of impeachment.” She also asserted that the White house “is just crying out” for impeachment, which she likely sees as a trap.

I really think Trump would LOVE for the Democrats to begin impeachment proceedings, particularly as the basis for the Mueller report comes under more scrutiny.
        They might be forced to move on impeachment if the investigation into all of the duplicitous dishonesty into the spying on Trump gets serious in order to try to distract attention away from it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Mueller: The Atty Gen's summary "did not capture the context,, nature, or substance of the special councils report."
          And yet he took pains to say that the summary was not misleading and did not misrepresent the report. Why do you always manage to leave that out? The point is that his objections appear to be over what could be called stylistic differences and not over anything of substance.

Comment

Keep that in mind in your continued denial of obvious facts.
            JimL you say the facts are out there PROVE IT If you can. So far I have seen nothing from you but repetitions of the same old assertions you've been posting for 2 years about the collusion delusion Where are these so called obvious facts you keep talking about. It is time for you to PUT up or Shut Up. Cite your factual sources or else admit you would not recognize a true fact if it hit you in the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Irony alert...
              there go another 6 irony meter factories.

Rogue have you found away to protect the irony meters from blowing up when JimL posts while looking at a mirror instead of a monitor?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Yeah, just as certainly as all of your pronouncements on how Mueller's report would establish that Trump colluded with the Russians.
                JimL has way more faith* than I do.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                  there go another 6 irony meter factories.

Rogue have you found away to protect the irony meters from blowing up when JimL posts while looking at a mirror instead of a monitor?
                  Flinging back an accusation the other way is perhaps JimL's best argument. It is calculated to make others angry, put them on the defensive, and forget what they were discussing in the first place.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And yet he took pains to say that the summary was not misleading and did not misrepresent the report. Why do you always manage to leave that out? The point is that his objections appear to be over what could be called stylistic differences and not over anything of substance.
                    Hey dumbell, Mueller said this: The Atty Gen's summary did not capture the context, nature, or substance of the special councils work.

Atty Gen. Barr said this: Mueller told me that the summary was not misleading and did not misrepresent the report. You didn't hear that from Mueller, you heard it from Barr.

Now, wouldn't you like to hear from Mueller to see what the truth is? Of course you wouldn't!

Comment

They might be forced to move on impeachment if the investigation into all of the duplicitous dishonesty into the spying on Trump gets serious in order to try to distract attention away from it.
                      Yes, we musn't forget that deep state conspiracy to make it look like Trump and all his now indicted advisors were conspiring with the Russians. Such lemmings you are, so easily led.

Comment

Atty Gen. Barr said this: Mueller told me that the summary was not misleading and did not misrepresent the report. You didn't hear that from Mueller, you heard it from Barr.
                        Barr has notes and witnesses to the phonecall, so the dirty cop can't deny he said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Barr has notes and witnesses to the phonecall, so the dirty cop can't deny he said it.
                          So says Barr, who refuses to release them. Do you know why he refuses to release them, because he doesn't have them, the guy is a lying sack and, sorry to say it, but you're a naive birdbrain.

Comment

So says Barr, who refuses to release them. Do you know why he refuses to release them, because he doesn't have them, the guy is a lying sack and, sorry to say it, but you're a naive birdbrain.
                            As I've said before, Barr has no compelling reason to release them. Just the fact that he has them at all should be enough to keep the dirty cop in line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              As I've said before, Barr has no compelling reason to release them. Just the fact that he has them at all should be enough to keep the dirty cop in line.
                              Of course he has a compelling reason to release them, which is why he was asked for them to be released at the hearing. That would set the record straight, prove that he is telling the truth. But there is no compelling reason to not release them, because Mueller, if he actually said that to Barr, then he would have no reason at all to deny that he said it. Think about it, birdbrain!

Comment

Of course he has a compelling reason to release them, which is why he was asked for them to be released at the hearing. That would set the record straight, prove that he is telling the truth. But there is no compelling reason to not release them, because Mueller, if he actually said that to Barr, then he would have no reason at all to deny that he said it. Think about it, birdbrain!
                                If Mueller does try to deny it, you can be sure that Barr will set the record straight.

You need not fear the truth, Jimmy

Comment