Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I humbly disagree - the impeachment doesn't prevent Trump from running. If he's actually impeached, and it goes to the Senate for trial, he could be removed. I think all that a last minute impeachment attempt would accomplish is rallying the pro-Trump troops because of the obviousness of the underhanded tactic.
    Hope so. Yeah I don't think they can get it through the senate. That would nip it in the bud. I was thinking if they could actually get it through, then I don't think an impeached President would be eligible to run for re-election, would he?

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Hope so. Yeah I don't think they can get it through the senate. That would nip it in the bud. I was thinking if they could actually get it through, then I don't think an impeached President would be eligible to run for re-election, would he?
    No.

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7 of the Constitution says:
    Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

So the Senate has the power to vote separately on removal (by supermajority) and/or disqualification (by simple majority), but the one does not imply the other.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I don't know of any restriction on an impeached individual from running for office - as far as I can tell, it's only the Senate that can remove (by supermajority) or disqualify (by simple majority) a person from holding office. And since the Senate doesn't even get the matter until the House actually impeaches....
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Have you not bothered to read anything that's been posted in this thread? Lots of "fact thingies" here for you to digest.
    MM you forget NPC JimL is programmed only to accept assertions that fit the false narrative his leftist programmers have coded into him they have also managed to install a protection from facts program to quarantine any fact that he reads

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nancy Pelosi once again tamps down calls for impeachment.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...r-impeachment/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Also, Representative Doug Collins just released a big document dump of nine key Obama era officials who were interviewed as part of the House Intelligence Committee's investigation, including Andrew McCabe and Loretta Lynch. Should make for some interesting reading, if you've got the time.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...fbi-officials/
    Lynch has revealed that she isn't happy with Comey and, among other things, emphatically denies telling him to call the Hillary Clinton email probe a "matter" instead of an "investigation."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Lynch has revealed that she isn't happy with Comey and, among other things, emphatically denies telling him to call the Hillary Clinton email probe a "matter" instead of an "investigation."
    It's kinda entertaining to watch. I bet JimL won't be able to keep up.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Tune in, dimwit!

I would really love to see you say that to my face.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well now, this is very interesting. If this story is true (it is from CNN, so no guarantees), then it seems that Mueller's own team doesn't want him publicly testifying.

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has expressed reluctance to him testifying publicly in front of the House Judiciary Committee, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The special counsel's team has conveyed the notion that Mueller does not want to appear political after staying behind the scenes for two years and not speaking as he conducted his investigation into President Donald Trump. One option is to have him testify behind closed doors. But the notion that Mueller would only answer questions in private has become a sticking point, according to a source, as Democrats believe the public needs to hear directly from the special counsel.

Rank-and-file Democrats made clear Tuesday they believe Mueller must testify publicly given the gravity of the investigation.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/21/pol...ons/index.html

"The special counsel's team has conveyed the notion that Mueller does not want to appear political..."

That sounds like BS excuse if I've ever heard one. If the investigation was on the up and up, and Mueller simply tells the truth, then how could it be political?

I wonder what the real reason is his "team" doesn't want him to testify? It's a good bet there are questions he really doesn't want to have to answer.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    More "sources familiar to the matter" sources?
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω