Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Also, Representative Doug Collins just released a big document dump of nine key Obama era officials who were interviewed as part of the House Intelligence Committee's investigation, including Andrew McCabe and Loretta Lynch. Should make for some interesting reading, if you've got the time.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...fbi-officials/
    Lynch has revealed that she isn't happy with Comey and, among other things, emphatically denies telling him to call the Hillary Clinton email probe a "matter" instead of an "investigation."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Lynch has revealed that she isn't happy with Comey and, among other things, emphatically denies telling him to call the Hillary Clinton email probe a "matter" instead of an "investigation."
      It's kinda entertaining to watch. I bet JimL won't be able to keep up.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Tune in, dimwit!

I would really love to see you say that to my face.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Well now, this is very interesting. If this story is true (it is from CNN, so no guarantees), then it seems that Mueller's own team doesn't want him publicly testifying.

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has expressed reluctance to him testifying publicly in front of the House Judiciary Committee, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The special counsel's team has conveyed the notion that Mueller does not want to appear political after staying behind the scenes for two years and not speaking as he conducted his investigation into President Donald Trump. One option is to have him testify behind closed doors. But the notion that Mueller would only answer questions in private has become a sticking point, according to a source, as Democrats believe the public needs to hear directly from the special counsel.

Rank-and-file Democrats made clear Tuesday they believe Mueller must testify publicly given the gravity of the investigation.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/21/pol...ons/index.html

"The special counsel's team has conveyed the notion that Mueller does not want to appear political..."

That sounds like BS excuse if I've ever heard one. If the investigation was on the up and up, and Mueller simply tells the truth, then how could it be political?

I wonder what the real reason is his "team" doesn't want him to testify? It's a good bet there are questions he really doesn't want to have to answer.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• More "sources familiar to the matter" sources?
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              More "sources familiar to the matter" sources?
              To his credit MM opened his post by noting that this hasn't been verified ("If this story is true (it is from CNN, so no guarantees)")

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                To his credit MM opened his post by noting that this hasn't been verified ("If this story is true (it is from CNN, so no guarantees)")

But it does line up with other things we know; and then there's the Democrats' general reluctance to want to see Mueller's feet held to the fire. They keep making noise about "By God, we'll subpoena him!" but then they haven't, and every indication is that they never will, even if he ultimately declines to appear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

But it does line up with other things we know; and then there's the Democrats' general reluctance to want to see Mueller's feet held to the fire. They keep making noise about "By God, we'll subpoena him!" but then they haven't, and every indication is that they never will, even if he ultimately declines to appear.
                  For whatever reason, Mueller is still an employee of the DOJ, which means that they can prevent him from testifying in the same way that they have so far prevented White House council McGahn from appearing. They will all testify eventually, one way or the other. Besides that, why are all you Trumpsters suddenly sooooo petrified of transparency? I think you know, and those of us on the other side definitely know, why you're all so petrified. We all know that transparency will reveal the criminal behavior of the Trump administration, and you don't want that to be revealed. So sad!

Comment

For whatever reason, Mueller is still an employee of the DOJ, which means that they can prevent him from testifying in the same way that they have so far prevented White House council McGahn from appearing. They will all testify eventually, one way or the other. Besides that, why are all you Trumpsters suddenly sooooo petrified of transparency? I think you know, and those of us on the other side definitely know, why you're all so petrified. We all know that transparency will reveal the criminal behavior of the Trump administration, and you don't want that to be revealed. So sad!
                    It's called a perjury trap for a reason, Jimmy...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      It's called a perjury trap for a reason, Jimmy...
                      That's a canard Bill. There is no perjury trap unless you perjure yourself and you can't be trapped into lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL
                        That's a canard Bill. There is no perjury trap unless you perjure yourself and you can't be trapped into lying.
                        Dismissing a known and used tactic by prosecutors as a canard is itself a canard.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Dismissing a known and used tactic by prosecutors as a canard is itself a canard.
                          Actually reading the link you cited might help you better understand it.

Comment

Actually reading the link you cited might help you better understand it.
                            What, pray tell, are you suggesting I focus on? Perjury traps happen, and are well known enough to have had court cases decided around them. And they are exceedingly hard to prove. The point remains that the only reason to force Mueller to testify is to attempt to either tarnish his conclusion via whatever means necessary, or trick him into perjuring himself, for the Democrats in the house to fabricate an excuse to impeach Trump.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

What, pray tell, are you suggesting I focus on? Perjury traps happen, and are well known enough to have had court cases decided around them. And they are exceedingly hard to prove. The point remains that the only reason to force Mueller to testify is to attempt to either tarnish his conclusion via whatever means necessary, or trick him into perjuring himself, for the Democrats in the house to fabricate an excuse to impeach Trump.
                              JimL's just doing his usual flailing, hoping he hits something. It's not as if Jim himself has shown any ability whatsoever to read for understanding, so it's rich that he's chiding someone else in that regard.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I don't think the Democrats want to tarnish Mueller. If they did that then it would call the entire investigation into question. But you'd think they would be eager to have him testify. Just imagine...

"Mr. Mueller, did you decline to indict the President or to recommend indictment only because of Department of Justice rules saying that a sitting president can not be indicted?"

"That is correct, Mr. Chairman."

(Grinning like a Cheshire cat) "And are you prepared today to tell us why you think the President should be indicted?"

"Yes, Mr. Chairman. If you'll turn to page 107 of my report..."

Of course it wouldn't play out like that, and the Democrats know it. Their best bet at this point is to keep Mueller out of the spotlight.

Comment