Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

The tin foil hat is a reference to those who believe their own government is out to get them
    You mean like how the left consistently talks about the Trump Administation?

Just sayin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• impeach.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh right, my bad, Andrew Jackson, the racist white supremacist. An Apropos hero for Trump.
        Most white people from the 19th century would be considered racist today. Read some of the comments Lincoln made about blacks sometime. They would come straight from the mouths of white supremacist today and yet people tend to glance over his comments.
        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-23-2019, 06:04 PM.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Ha Ha. Paul Manafort didn't give the Russian infiltraitors the polling and targeting data for nothing, Lilpix. Thanks to Trumps campaign manager, the Russians knew exactly what they had to do, and where they had to do it, and they did it. Doesn't it feel good to be a supporter of Putins favorite candidate, Lilpix, the one the Russians worked to help elect.
          That’s a great tin foil hat conspiracy you got going on there. Care to teach advertisers the tricks used? They would sure love to know a few dozen people and a few thousand dollars could change up a national election.

The tin foil hat is a reference to those who believe their own government is out to get them, Lilpix, you know, like Trump supporters, not patriots. As far as the economy goes, as usual, a republican administration inherited the recovery from the Democrat who had to clean up the mess from the last republican administration.
          Says the person inventing conspiracy theories whole cloth without a shrewd of evidence to support it. It is cute though how the tune democrats sung was ‘this is the new normal’ and now they suddenly want to take credit for the opposite of ‘the new normal’. Keep your tin foil hat securely fashioned upon your head because your opponents think the government is incompetent, not necessarily ‘evil’.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The Democrats have long held up Jackson as one of their founders. In fact, according to Wikipedia:

Source: Democrat Party (United States)

Tracing its heritage back to Thomas Jefferson and James Madison's Democratic-Republican Party, the modern-day Democratic Party was founded around 1828 by supporters of Andrew Jackson, making it the world's oldest active political party

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Considering Thomas Jefferson's beliefs concerning limited government (especially the federal government), tracing their roots back to him has always been a stretch.

Anywho... From their article "History of the United States Democratic Party"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37868[/ATTACH]

From History.com:

Source: Democratic Party

JACKSONIAN DEMOCRATS

In the highly controversial presidential election of 1824, four Democratic-Republican candidates ran against each other. Though Andrew Jackson won the popular vote and 99 electoral votes, the lack of an electoral majority threw the election to the House of Representatives, which ended up giving the victory to John Quincy Adams.

In response, New York Senator Martin van Buren helped build a new political organization, the Democratic Party, to back Jackson, who defeated Adams easily in 1828.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

And there's this from ThoughtCo.:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37869[/ATTACH]

And from Google:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37870[/ATTACH]
            Your sources are not exactly ones I would take especially seriously, but point taken. I readily grant he rather transformed the party.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment