Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Because there were lots of people! And they were excited! And... and lots of people! And... Trump! And... you know!

Yeah, that really did make me LOLL (laugh out loud literally) Not quite to the "spew coffee all over the monitor", but....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's really nice to have him back. Tweb was missing something while he was gone.
      The dimmest bulb in the socket?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The dimmest bulb in the socket?
        I wonder if he ever figured out why that was so dumb.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Rep. Bradley Bryne:

I’ve read the Mueller report cover to cover. Some parts of it I had to read two or three times to make sure I understood it. There is no evidence of a crime in there, OK? And if the Justice Department after two-plus years and $35 million and all of these attorneys and agents over there at the Justice Department and the FBI – if they couldn’t find it, what in the world is the Judiciary Committee going to find under Jerry Nadler? What do they think they are going to bring to this that hasn’t already been brought to it? Nothing.

This is just pure politics. The American people are not going to be happy about this. So, I think that it’s bad for the country. It’s certainly bad for President Trump. It’s bad for what we’re trying to get done in Congress. But I think next year, next year I think it is going to be good for Republicans because I think people are going to say ‘enough.’ ‘I think we need to get people in there that are not going to do these investigations forever.’

Now, I do back, as you know, the investigation the attorney general has right now going into how this whole investigation got started to begin with to make sure we know exactly what happened, and if there were crimes committed there that we do what we need to do to prosecute those who committed those crimes. That has the Democrats very nervous, as it should have them very nervous because there is every reason to believe there very well may have been a crime committed in getting this investigation going in the first place.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...-probe-launch/
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Hitler’s political speeches and rallies are really not much different than 98% of political speeches and rallies are. I just think it would be funny to watch Jimmy justify that tin foil hat wearing insanity.
            Yes, they are different, Trumps political speeches are full of lies and hatred for the other, not hatred for their ideas, but hatred because they are the other, they are not one of you, they are not members of his cult of personality, and the cult members, the exuberant crowd, stands and cheers when he speaks the lies, when he spreads the hate. 98% of political speeches and rallies are not like that, but Hitlers were, and so are trumps.

Comment

In short:

No, just Trump!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                No, just Trump!
                Why is that?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Why is that?
                  I just told you why in post #350. There are very few Republican politicians that I agree with on anything, but I wouldn't compare their character and style to that of a despot like Hitler.

Comment

Yes, they are different, Trumps political speeches are full of lies and hatred for the other, not hatred for their ideas, but hatred because they are the other, they are not one of you, they are not members of his cult of personality, and the cult members, the exuberant crowd, stands and cheers when he speaks the lies, when he spreads the hate. 98% of political speeches and rallies are not like that, but Hitlers were, and so are trumps.
                    Thing is, you show a lack of self awarenes. We have democrat candidates promising the world if you vote for them. From curing cancer, to paying members of their voting block that had ancestors 150 years ago that were slaves, to promising gun control measures, to a chicken in every pot, etc. Let’s not forget the hatred spread for anyone that dared to vote for Trump or brain dead zombies cheering them on while they spread all these lies and hate. Look at that, the modern Democrat party is Hitler too.
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-19-2019, 06:40 PM.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I just told you why in post #350. There are very few Republican politicians that I agree with on anything, but I wouldn't compare their character and style to that of a despot like Hitler.
                      You gave a list of assertions and showed your lack of self awareness, but you didn’t prove your assertions.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You gave a list of assertions and showed your lack of self awareness, but you didn’t prove your assertions.
                        Well that's of no use Lilpix, you can't prove anything to a cult member. They have eyes but can't see, ears, but can't hear or understand.

Comment

Well that's of no use Lilpix, you can't prove anything to a cult member. They have eyes but can't see, ears, but can't hear or understand.
                          That’s simply a lie you tell yourself so you don’t have to face reality. I grew up in Southern California, one of the most democrat led and controlled regions in the country. My family has been true blue democrats since before FDR. Do you know why I no longer consider myself a democrat? Their behavior. Trump’s positions are really no different than the democrat positions that democrats of the Truman/Kennedy era. They’ve gone from the party of ‘ask not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for your country’ to ‘I’ll give you a bunch of free stuff if you vote for me’. Democrats no longer have the interest of our country in mind, but in gaining power, even at the destruction of our nation. If you want to believe ‘cultist’, you’re welcome to it, but I will not support the party that is determined to destroy our country for their own greed and power.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That’s simply a lie you tell yourself so you don’t have to face reality. I grew up in Southern California, one of the most democrat led and controlled regions in the country. My family has been true blue democrats since before FDR. Do you know why I no longer consider myself a democrat? Their behavior. Trump’s positions are really no different than the democrat positions that democrats of the Truman/Kennedy era. They’ve gone from the party of ‘ask not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for your country’ to ‘I’ll give you a bunch of free stuff if you vote for me’. Democrats no longer have the interest of our country in mind, but in gaining power, even at the destruction of our nation. If you want to believe ‘cultist’, you’re welcome to it, but I will not support the party that is determined to destroy our country for their own greed and power.
                            I've long contended that both parties are determined to take us all to hell in a handbasket. It's just that the Republicans are content to take the scenic route whereas the Democrats have found the express elevator.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I've long contended that both parties are determined to take us all to hell in a handbasket. It's just that the Republicans are content to take the scenic route whereas the Democrats have found the express elevator.
                              It’s one of the reasons I don’t jump onboard with the Republican Party either. It’s just weird that Trump is considered some ultra right crazy nut job when his positions and policies seem to closely line up more center right in some areas and even center left in a few. If anything, he would likely be considered a center right moderate President if it wasn’t for the 24 hour outrage mob.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And yet, that is exactly what you are doing. Like I said, you have eyes but you can't see, ears, but can't hear or understand. Trump is undermining the very institutions that this country is founded upon and you just can't see it. He lies to you day after day and you can't hear it, and I don't believe you ever will understand it, or at least be able to admit to it. Trump is doing exactly what you are accusing the Democratic Party as a whole of doing, i.e. he is destroying the country for his own greed and power. The guys an entertainer, a demogogue, and you are under his cultic spell.
                                Last edited by JimL; 06-20-2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment