Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    An honorable judge would declare that resulting information is "fruit from the poisonous tree" and toss it out.
    An honorable Judge will actually read the report and realize, just as did some 900 former federal prosecutors, that Trump needs be indicted, regardless of all the right wing nincompoops out there who care more about their party then they care about the actual issues, the law, their country, or democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      An honorable Judge ...
      Jimmy, honey, you have repeatedly demonstrated your profound ignorance of all things legal, so...
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You didn't read the report, did you rogue?
        Unlike you, yes I read it. One clue is that shortly after it came out I would provide page numbers for many of the quotes from it that I'd post.

The essence of it was that the whole collusion fantasy was entirely baseless (and you would understand that if you actually read the report) and there was insufficient evidence for obstruction. Now that doesn't mean there was no evidence for the latter -- just that it was deficient.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

An honorable Judge will actually read the report and realize, just as did some 900 former federal prosecutors, that Trump needs be indicted, regardless of all the right wing nincompoops out there who care more about their party then they care about the actual issues, the law, their country, or democracy.
          The above was written by someone so deep into TDS that he still emphatically believes that Trump and Putin got together to rig the 2016 and all the facts to the contrary be damned.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The above was written by someone so deep into TDS that he still emphatically believes that Trump and Putin got together to rig the 2016 and all the facts to the contrary be damned.
            But... but... Mueller didn't exonerate Trump!
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What Trump is doing is giving his partner in crime, Atty Gen Barr, authority over the release of classified documents. In other words, he will release only that which he chooses to release, not everything. That's ridiculous. He's putting the defense in charge of the evidence. You have to start using your brain MM instead of acting the lemming. The President and his fake news media is playing you for a fool, because that's what they take you for.
              Why is it you liberals like releasing classified documents until they are about the democrats?

The democrats were all "We have to release the unredacted report! Screw the law! Release it all!!!"

Now "Wait, Trump can't release classified documents! That's illegal!!"

Basically you liberals wanted transparency, now you are getting it.

This is almost as hilarious as the sanctuary city fiasco.

Dems: We will set up sanctuary cities for illegals to be safe!
              Trump: OK I will start sending the illegals to your cities.
              Dems: What? No! We can't afford to have illegals here! Think of the crime and the cost!

I think Trump figured out that to beat the Democrats, just give them what they ask for, but so much of it that they choke on it.
              Last edited by Sparko; 05-28-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

What Trump is doing is giving his partner in crime, Atty Gen Barr, authority over the release of classified documents. In other words, he will release only that which he chooses to release, not everything. That's ridiculous. He's putting the defense in charge of the evidence. You have to start using your brain MM instead of acting the lemming. The President and his fake news media is playing you for a fool, because that's what they take you for.
                The President is the top declassifying official in the entire government. He can declassify whatever he wants. Legally. You, once again, show that you hate the rule of law.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  The President is the top declassifying official in the entire government. He can declassify whatever he wants. Legally. You, once again, show that you hate the rule of law.
                  It's slightly more complicated than that. A president talking with his staff and foreign leaders can tell them pretty much whatever he wants without violating any laws of national security, but when it comes to publicly releasing classified documents, there is a process where each affected agency gets a say in what information they believe should remain classified, and the president typically follows their recommendation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    It's slightly more complicated than that. A president talking with his staff and foreign leaders can tell them pretty much whatever he wants without violating any laws of national security, but when it comes to publicly releasing classified documents, there is a process where each affected agency gets a say in what information they believe should remain classified, and the president typically follows their recommendation.
                    But, we're talking about Trump!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      But, we're talking about Trump!

Yes, but we're also talking about Trump deferring to the Department of Justice and other relevant agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Yes, but we're also talking about Trump deferring to the Department of Justice and other relevant agencies.
                        Fake news! Haha, you swallowed it!
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Why is it you liberals like releasing classified documents until they are about the democrats?
                          The Congress has oversight responsibility, and if they need specific info in order to carry out that responsibility then they need to be privy of it. Who do you think should be the only ones to have access to classified info? By the way, the President just gave that authority to his lackey, his personal defense lawyer, the Atty Gen., who can now decide all by himself what he will hand over to Congress and what he will hide from them. You want a King? Because that's what your defending happening!
                          The democrats were all "We have to release the unredacted report! Screw the law! Release it all!!!"
                          Yes, it is their responsibility. That doesn't mean everything, it means everything pertinent that wouldn't otherwise jeopardize national security. And if the President his personal Lawyer don't want to cooperate, which they obviously do not, then the courts will make that decision of what would or would not jeopardize national security and then turn it over to Congress.
                          Now "Wait, Trump can't release classified documents! That's illegal!!"
                          Trump and his administration are the subject of the investigation, he can't be in charge of the evidence against them. Don't be ridiculous. Again, it's the responsibility of the Congress.
                          Basically you liberals wanted transparency, now you are getting it.
                          You have no idea what the Atty Gen is going to release. The so called total transparency ends with him.
                          This is almost as hilarious as the sanctuary city fiasco.
                          I'm pretty sure you have no idea what a sanctuary city means.
                          Dems: We will set up sanctuary cities for illegals to be safe!
                          They didn't set up cities, they made laws that the cities understand to be in the best interests of the entire community.

Trump: OK I will start sending the illegals to your cities.
                          That's because he thinks he's a King already, is above the law, and can ignore the constitution.
                          Dems: What? No! We can't afford to have illegals here! Think of the crime and the cost!
                          You seem to be under the illusion that being an immigrant means you areeither a lazy loser or a criminal. 10 to 1 they, in general, work harder than you ever thought of doing. And btw, citizens commit a far higher percentage of crimes than do immigrants.
                          I think Trump figured out that to beat the Democrats, just give them what they ask for, but so much of it that they choke on it.
                          I think Trump figured you out. He and his propagandists can sell you on anything. How many lies does he have to tell you before you reconize he's a liar?
                          Last edited by JimL; 05-28-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

The Congress has oversight responsibility, and if they need specific info in order to carry out that responsibility then they need to be privy of it. Who do you think should be the only ones to have access to classified info?
                            Who would you recommend? Ilhan Abdullahi Omar?
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                              AOC, obviously.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                                Congressional committees responsible for oversight of the executive branch.

Comment