Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    THIS is the story that Democrats are desperately trying to hide with all their theatrics surrounding Barr's testimony.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well well well...

Source: The Last Refuge

A report in the New York Times, transparently timed and placed by officials within the intelligence apparatus trying to get out ahead of internal investigations, outlines how the FBI sent counterintelligence spies to engage with Trump campaign officials in 2016.

In a stunning admission The New York Times describes how the FBI enlisted a female agent to work the “operation” in the U.K. during August-September 2016 posing as an aide for U.S. intelligence asset/FBI informant Stefan Halper.

Halper was an FBI operative and Cambridge professor who set up meetings with Trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulos. The female agent used a fake name, Azra Turk, and presented herself as an assistant to Stefan Halper; however, she was actually an undercover intelligence operative of the FBI.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...rump-campaign/

© Copyright Original Source

And remember, the only thing Mueller could get Papadopoulos on was a process crime -- I think he got the date wrong with regards to a meeting or something else similarly innocuous -- and he spent something like 10-days in jail as punishment.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some interesting questions being asked about who Joseph Mifsud is exactly, and who was he working for when he approached Parapolous in 2016. There are indications that he was, in fact, working for the FBI and/or CIA when he met Papa and suggested that he had access to Hillary's emails. This is significant because it was this meeting that was used as the predicate to begin a counter intelligence operation against Trump and his campaign.

"Wait a minute," you might be thinking, "Why would an employee of our intelligence agencies be running a sting on a US citizen prior to and as justification for a later Intelligence operation?"

That, my friend, is the right question.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ge-1/#comments

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Some interesting questions being asked about who Joseph Mifsud is exactly, and who was he working for when he approached Parapolous in 2016. There are indications that he was, in fact, working for the FBI and/or CIA when he met Papa and suggested that he had access to Hillary's emails. This is significant because it was this meeting that was used as the predicate to begin a counter intelligence operation against Trump and his campaign.

"Wait a minute," you might be thinking, "Why would an employee of our intelligence agencies be running a sting on a US citizen prior to and as justification for a later Intelligence operation?"

That, my friend, is the right question.

This is key, Mifsud tells Papadopoulos that the Russians had the e-mails, then (key word here is then) Papadopoulos mentions this to the Australian diplomat Alexander Downer*, who dutifully reports this to US authorities. It looks like a set up from beginning to end.

Downer tried moved $25,000,000 of Aussie taxpayer monies into the Clinton foundation.

https://spectator.org/the-papadopoul...such-a-downer/
    Last edited by seer; 05-04-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The more threads they pull, the more the coup unravels...

Source: The Last Refuge

John Solomon has a new article at The Hill centered around this email from State Department official Kathleen Kavalec after her October 11, 2016, interaction with dossier author Christopher Steele.

The substantive point of the article is how the email proves the political motives of Steele two weeks prior to the FBI/DOJ seeking a FISA application using his work product, the dossier. Despite knowing the bias motive, the FBI/DOJ persisted in using the dossier for a Title-1 FISA warrant against U.S. person Carter Page on October 21, 2016.

A second issue, perhaps more alarming, surrounds: (1) how the current DOJ and FBI kept the email hidden from congressional investigators; and (2) how the current DOJ and FBI have recently redacted the email, highlighting an ongoing institutional cover-up.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-chris-steele/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I hope somebody told Barr not to take a stroll through Fort Marcy Park.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I like how our resident liberals have studiously ignored this thread in their "Orange man bad!" zeal, but not only is this story not going away, it's getting bigger...

Source: The Hill

If ever there were an admission that taints the FBI’s secret warrant to surveil Donald Trump’s campaign, it sat buried for more than 2 1/2 years in the files of a high-ranking State Department official.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Kathleen Kavalec’s written account of her Oct. 11, 2016, meeting with FBI informant Christopher Steele shows the Hillary Clinton campaign-funded British intelligence operative admitted that his research was political and facing an Election Day deadline.

And that confession occurred 10 days before the FBI used Steele’s now-discredited dossier to justify securing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and the campaign’s ties to Russia.

Steele’s client “is keen to see this information come to light prior to November 8,” the date of the 2016 election, Kavalec wrote in a typed summary of her meeting with Steele and Tatyana Duran, a colleague from Steele’s Orbis Security firm. The memos were unearthed a few days ago through open-records litigation by the conservative group Citizens United.

Kavalec’s notes do not appear to have been provided to the House Intelligence Committee during its Russia probe, according to former Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.). "They tried to hide a lot of documents from us during our investigation, and it usually turns out there’s a reason for it," Nunes told me. Senate and House Judiciary investigators told me they did not know about them, even though they investigated Steele’s behavior in 2017-18.

One member of Congress transmitted the memos this week to the Department of Justice’s inspector general, fearing its investigation of FISA abuses may not have had access to them.

Nonetheless, the FBI is doing its best to keep much of Kavalec’s information secret by retroactively claiming it is classified, even though it was originally marked unclassified in 2016.

Despite the heavy redactions, Kavalec’s notes have momentous consequence.

For the first time, we have written proof the U.S. government knew well before the FBI secured the FISA warrant that Steele had a political motive and Election Day deadline to make his dossier public.

And we know that information was transmitted before the Carter Page FISA warrant to one or more people whose job is so sensitive that their identity had to be protected. That means there is little chance the FBI didn’t know about Steele’s political client, or the Election Day deadline, before requesting the FISA warrant.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...air-trump-dirt

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Roger Stone recently filed a court motion demanding that the government 1) Prove its claims that Russia "hacked" the DNC servers; and 2) If they can't satisfy 1 to suppress all downstream warrants and evidene derived from the unfounded claim.

Some folks are saying that Mueller made a huge miscalculation going after Stone because it has given Stone legal standing to question the entire narrative and compel the government to prove its case against him.

9. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The FBI knew at least a week prior to using Steele's report to secure a FISA warrant that the dossier was sketchy at best.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...sa-submission/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The FBI knew at least a week prior to using Steele's report to secure a FISA warrant that the dossier was sketchy at best.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...sa-submission/
    Have you noticed how in the past couple of weeks that several of those involved in that sordid mess have begun to turn on each other? Looks like they are getting nervous about the investigation.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

12. Amen seer amen'd this post.