Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    sounds like a cannibal convention.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    sounds like a cannibal convention.
    Keep in mind this has only just begun and is in response to talking about investigating how this all originated. What will happen if folks start getting subpoenaed? How far up the chain of command will they be willing to go to save themselves?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

3. Amen Cow Poke, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Bill Barr vows to uncover 'exactly what happened' with Russia probe, says explanations have been 'inadequate'

Attorney General Bill Barr, in an exclusive interview with Fox News, said the country must know “exactly what happened” with counterintelligence activities conducted during the 2016 election -- and he is determined to get to the bottom of the case.

In his first interview since becoming attorney general, Barr spoke to “America’s Newsroom” host Bill Hemmer during a visit to El Salvador for meetings with law enforcement officials. In pointed terms, he fired back at Democrats who have castigated him over his handling of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report -- calling Speaker Nancy Pelosi's charge that he lied to Congress "laughable" and dismissing an attempt to hold him in contempt of Congress.

"That's part of the usual ... political circus that's being played out. It doesn't surprise me," he said.

And the nation's top law enforcement official provided new details about the recently announced probe into the origins of the Russia investigation, defending his decision to pursue it and stressing that many of the answers he's gotten so far have been "inadequate."

5. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Keep in mind this has only just begun and is in response to talking about investigating how this all originated. What will happen if folks start getting subpoenaed? How far up the chain of command will they be willing to go to save themselves?
    My biggest concern is that this is all going to be quietly wrapped up with a "mistakes were made" statement and a few subordinates taking the fall, and then we'll never hear another word about it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    My biggest concern is that this is all going to be quietly wrapped up with a "mistakes were made" statement and a few subordinates taking the fall, and then we'll never hear another word about it.
    I suppose that's possible, but that generally happens when an administration is investigating itself because the scandal is too big to cover up a la the IRS charitable organizations tax exemptions scandal of the Obama years.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I suppose that's possible, but that generally happens when an administration is investigating itself because the scandal is too big to cover up a la the IRS charitable organizations tax exemptions scandal of the Obama years.
    And Barr seems a bit determined to bring this to the fore.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My hope is that the democrats have pissed off Barr enough with their contempt and liar nonsense that he will not back down or sweep it under the rug.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My hope is that the democrats have pissed off Barr enough with their contempt and liar nonsense that he will not back down or sweep it under the rug.
    That's my hope as well.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Having beaten the COLLUSION horse to death, I thought it would be good to look at the FISA Probe.

This thread is NOT an "I hate Trump" thread, so please leave that elsewhere.
    This thread is NOT a rehash of the whole COLLUSION / OBSTRUCTION thing - there are plenty of places to spew forth ignorance on that.

This is specifically about the FISA requests, and the IG probe (or other investigations) into same.

As Democrats mull how far to push the impeachment envelope against President Trump after Robert Mueller found no evidence of collusion with Russia in the 2016 election but punted on obstruction of justice charges, another investigation could further blunt their attempts to oust the president from office or damage his re-election chances.

Amid calls from Trump and his supporters to “investigate the investigators,” Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz has been hard at work over the last year looking into the sources and methods the FBI used to begin surveillance of a one-time Trump campaign adviser based at least in part on discredited information gathered by a former British spy.

That packet of intelligence, known as the “Steele dossier,” contains salacious and unsubstantiated details about Trump’s alleged romps with Russian prostitutes, along with business and political quid pro quos with Russian officials.

Attorney General Robert Barr said the inspector general is wrapping up his probe and could release a final report as early as next month.

Those interviewed by Horowitz and his team over the past year, according to Politico, say he seems intensely focused on undermining the dossier and credibility of Christopher Steele, the former British MI6 agent who produced the document. Steele had served as a confidential source for the FBI since 2010 until a falling out over his leaks to the media about the Trump-Russia probe....
    First of all, the investigation into Russian interference and the possible collusion with the Trump campaign didn't begin with the credible evidence coming from the former British spy Christopher Steele. It began as a result of Trump advisor Papadopolis telling an Australian official about his knowledge concerning possible Russian interference. That it began with the Steele Dossier is what you keep hearing in the GOP propaganda bubble. It didn't! The Steele Dossier hadn't even been released at that time.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's my hope as well.
    That's because you are both blind and naive. Obviously there is not much that can be done about that. If you can't tell fact from fiction, truth from lies, at this point, then obviously you never will.