Announcement

Collapse

Wicca and Neo-Pagan Religions Guidelines

Theists only.

Which witch is which?

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Wicca/Neo Paganism. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generally not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Torah Comes From Tarot Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never read any works from Joseph smith but I am familiar with who he is. There's too many occultist/mystics to cover. Bacon works for me, nom nom. What's his interpretation? I've read that he studied the Kabbalah.
    Last edited by JohnHermes; 04-25-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Tarot cards were invented in the middle ages. But please continue being an idiot. Its entertaining to the masses.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

@Catholicity Well someone's got to keep the engine going! :P Yes we've concluded that the original tarot decks were created in medieval times, but their influence comes from a much older origin(Mesopotamia) as I posted one a pic of a of the "world" tarot on the cylinder seal, which date far before medieval times. And the tarot themselves as we discussed are based on esoteric theology which have their eternal foundations. Especially when it comes to hermeticism. For example, the Magician card represents God in it's masculine form (based on esoteric tarot theology). I can go in details, but I'm sure you get the drift.

I just want to post this real quick quote from that site I cited earlier.

HISTORY OF THE CARDS

These cards were originally written by Jewish people in the middle ages for purposes of transmitting to the human race the results of their investigations, and the results of the revelations which they had received from God. This, too, is controversial.

There is no agreement among scholars as to the origin of Tarot cards. As astounding as it is, we do not know where they came from nor when they were first used. Some authorities say that they go all the way back to the days of Egypt, before Moses; others say that they were created in the 1600's, because we have no actual written Tarot cards from before that time. My investigation reveals that they came into being in approximately 1200 A.D.

In the 13th century, the Moslem and the Christian oppression had become immense. The Jews were confined to small areas or ghettos of towns from which they were not allowed to move. It became apparent to the Jewish leaders that the Christians and Moslems were threatening the destruction of their entire culture--all of the knowledge and wisdom that had been gleaned through the centuries by their holy men.

So what to do? If they wrote their teachings/knowledge/thoughts/stories in a holy book, that holy book might well be destroyed. If they simply kept it by word of mouth, when the last Jew is dead, there would be no one left to tell the story. So, throughout the years the holy men of Israel devised a remarkable, inspired scheme. They would take their knowledge, their wisdom, and their personal relationship with God and draw it in picture form, kind of like a symbol or a mystery--exactly in the same manner that God talks to us in the Bible through the book of Revelation. The book of Revelation is a series of pictures, symbols, and images which reflect a higher truth.

The Jews and Christians of that day were under immense persecution from the government, and Rome was threatening to destroy all of known Christianity. Rome was threatening to destroy the entire temple and raise Jerusalem to the ground. So, when God wanted to talk to the churches, He couldn't write down a document that said, “Rome is oppressing you. Rome is evil. Rome is Satan. The Government is Satan. Fight it and you will be rewarded.” Anybody caught with such a document would be subject to immense persecution. Thus, God placed His revelation into pictures, images, and symbols--The Dragon, The Whore of Babylon, the beast that sits on seven hills. These are images which the people could understand, but which the Romans thought of as silly little fairy tales.

The Tarot cards contain a holy and divine God-inspired revelation from which all human beings can learn, just as the book of Revelation will open itself and reveal great secrets to those who will open their eyes and hearts to study and learn.
        Last edited by JohnHermes; 04-25-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnHermes View Post
          I've never read any works from Joseph smith but I am familiar with who he is. There's too many occultist/mystics to cover. Bacon works for me, nom nom. What's his interpretation? I've read that he studied the Kabbalah.
          He probably hasn't come up on your radar much because he isn't currently known as an occultist or a mystic (his modern followers don't even know he was into that sort of thing), but he did look at ancient documents and pictures and come up with his own meanings. Many people today still believe that his interpretations are accurate, and that the modern day Egyptologists are the ones who have it all wrong.

I found an article that is pretty thorough in explaining the documents and pictures he claimed to have translated and interpreted. It's from a source not sympathetic to the Mormons, but I wanted an article that compared his translations/interpretations to the original sources and that's hard to find on a pro-Mormon site.
          https://coldcasechristianity.com/wri...-of-mormonism/
          Read the whole article, and then give me your take on it.
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Nothing ancient about "TAROT" - it is written in Roman script (the "R" is a dead giveaway.)
            So - not even ancient Greek, which would be necessary to establish anything earlier that 300 AD
            Anything earlier than 300 BC would need a semitic language, if it was from anywhere around Israel, Hieroglyphics perhaps for Egypt.

magic pencil.jpg
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

There is no connection between Torah and Tarot. Torah in Hebrew means law and instruction, while Tarot is French and may come from the Arabic word Taraha which means to reject or put aside.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/tarot#etymonline_v_4402

https://www.etymonline.com/word/Tora...online_v_15385

Similar sounding words mean nothing, this is called the fallacy of equivocation. This is like saying the word Jesus and Zeus are the same thing because they sound similar, even though they are spelled differently in Greek . Further more we see examples in Scripture where the Torah forbids the occultic arts (Leviticus 19:1; 20:6; Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Isaiah 8:19).

Comment

Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
                There is no connection between Torah and Tarot. Torah in Hebrew means law and instruction, while Tarot is French and may come from the Arabic word Taraha which means to reject or put aside.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/tarot#etymonline_v_4402

https://www.etymonline.com/word/Tora...online_v_15385

Similar sounding words mean nothing, this is called the fallacy of equivocation. This is like saying the word Jesus and Zeus are the same thing because they sound similar, even though they are spelled differently in Greek . Further more we see examples in Scripture where the Torah forbids the occultic arts (Leviticus 19:1; 20:6; Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Isaiah 8:19).
                I remember somebody once trying to equate Christ with Krishna, and Jove (Jupiter) with Jehovah. Doesn't mean a thing.
                When I Survey....

Comment

I presented empirical evidence that the creators intentions of the rider waite tarot card is based on astrotheology. I mentioned the high priestess tarot is holding a biblical scroll in her lap which spells out the "Torah" (See the high priestess card). Coincidence? Let's be logical, do you really think these serious practicing occultists were doing this for gimmicks? I highly doubt the rider waite creators were pulling some prank.

Here's another tarot card of Temperance's chest is Hebrew!

Anyone who reads and knows hebrew can easily pick up those letters(Even my hasidic jewish buddy confirms this.)Mozol tof

You either accept or ignore facts. Choose your poison. @ReformedApologist.

just above the square and triangle on the angel’s chest are some little black squiggles. Some people think that those are just a part of the folds of the angel’s gown, but they are actually none other then the Yod Heh Vav Heh. That is God's holy name. The symbolism is astounding. The angel wears the name of God. The angel is God in the flesh. The angel is Yod Heh Vav Heh and that Yod Heh Vav Heh is manifested within the four plus the three. All of law, plus all of nature, create the seven--the harmonious balance. The Chariot, the revelation which will take us back to the inner throne room of God, and the angel wear the name of Yod Heh Vav Heh. We wear the name of Yod Heh Vav Heh.

@faber, The "tarot" are symbolic representations timeless spiritual or theological eternal principles. Yes the tarot card themselves were created in medieval times. Again, the tarot cards have their origins from ancient artifacts stemming from Sumerian/Egyptian times in the form of hieroglyphs. That's what we just talked about. (read the above quoted post from yhwh website imagery)

Krishna no but Dionysus yes. The greek god use to turn water into wine. Wasn't there someone who did that as well?

HOME » GREEK GODS » DIONYSUS
                  Dionysus
                  Greek God of Wine & the Grape Harvest
                  Dionysus was the ancient Greek god of wine, winemaking, grape cultivation, fertility, ritual madness, theater, and religious ecstasy.
                  @QuantaFille It talks about the "exoteric". I don't believe in the literal stories of Abraham. Esoteric occultism believes in spiritual allegories (for the most part and there's 2 different schools of thought) I personally believe in both. The story of Osiris and set is based on astro cosmology from a spiritual plane.

Plutarch further declares that the Pans and Satyrs (the Nature spirits and elementals) first discovered that Osiris had been murdered. These immediately raised an alarm, and from this incident the word panic, meaning fright or amazement of the multitudes, originated. Isis, upon receiving the news of her husband's murder, which she learned from some children who had seen the murderers making off with the box, at once robed herself in mourning and started forth in quest of him.

At length Isis discovered that the chest had floated to the coast of Byblos. There it had lodged in the branches of a tree, which in a short time miraculously grew up around the box. This so amazed the king of that country that he ordered the tree to be cut down and a pillar made from its trunk to support the roof of his palace. Isis, visiting Byblos, recovered the body of her husband, but it was again stolen by Typhon, who cut it into fourteen parts, which he scattered all over the earth. Isis, in despair, began gathering up the severed remains of her husband, but found only thirteen pieces. The fourteenth part (the phallus) she reproduced in gold, for the original had fallen into the river Nile and had been swallowed by a fish.

In all probability, Osiris represents the third, or material, aspect of solar activity, which by its beneficent influences vitalizes and enlivens the flora and fauna of the earth. Osiris is not the sun, but the sun is symbolic of the vital principle of Nature, which the ancients knew as Osiris. His symbol, therefore, was an opened eye, in honor of the Great Eye of the universe, the sun. Opposed to the active, radiant principle of impregnating fire, hear, and motion was the passive, receptive principle of Nature.

Modern science has proved that forms ranging in magnitude from solar systems to atoms are composed of positive, radiant nuclei surrounded by negative bodies that exist upon the emanations of the central life. From this allegory we have the story of Solomon and his wives, for Solomon is the sun and his wives and concubines are the planets, moons, asteroids, and other receptive bodies within his house--the solar mansion. Isis, represented in the Song of Solomon by the dark maid of Jerusalem, is symbolic of receptive Nature--the watery, maternal principle which creates all things out of herself after impregnation has been achieved by the virility of the sun.
                  Manly P. Hall - The Secret Teaching Of All Ages
                  Last edited by JohnHermes; 04-27-2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

@QuantaFille It talks about the "exoteric". I don't believe in the literal stories of Abraham. Esoteric occultism believes in spiritual allegories (for the most part and there's 2 different schools of thought) I personally believe in both. The story of Osiris and set is based on astro cosmology from a spiritual plane.
                    Do you believe Joseph Smith had special insight regarding the true meanings of those documents and pictures?
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I believe it's a possibility he knew the esoteric symbolism behind the exoteric stories. I think there's many authorities even in Vatican who know the truth about esotericism. Either these people knew the truth and didn't want inform the masses, for what reason? I think it has to do with the prideful ego and to manipulate the masses. That knowledge is the ultimate type of power. The problem with allegories is that they can mean a multiple of things or one thing. And I believe in both parts (semi-symbolic)which is even more troubling for me. @QuantaFille
                      Last edited by JohnHermes; 04-27-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I presented empirical evidence that the creators intentions of the rider waite tarot card is based on astrotheology. I mentioned the high priestess tarot is holding a biblical scroll in her lap which spells out the "Torah" (See the high priestess card). Coincidence? Let's be logical, do you really think these serious practicing occultists were doing this for gimmicks? I highly doubt the rider waite creators were pulling some prank.

Here's another tarot card of Temperance's chest is Hebrew!

Anyone who reads and knows hebrew can easily pick up those letters(Even my hasidic jewish buddy confirms this.)Mozol tof
                        Are you trying to say that those wrinkles in the fabric above the triangle are Hebrew text?
                        When I Survey....

Comment

The power of his sta

14487174_232208587192978_4810147034017300480_n.jpg
                          sigpic

Comment

Not trying, it is. Here slap your eyes onto a bigger photo, cut clear and dry. Remember the creator Waite was a practicing occultist who studied the Kabbalah.

Waite was a prolific author and many of his works were well received in academic circles. He wrote occult texts on subjects including divination, esotericism, Rosicrucianism, Freemasonry, and ceremonial magic, Kabbalism and alchemy; he also translated and reissued several important mystical and alchemical works. His works on the Holy Grail, influenced by his friendship with Arthur Machen, were particularly notable.[11][12] A number of his volumes remain in print, including The Book of Ceremonial Magic (1911), The Holy Kabbalah (1929), A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry (1921), and his edited translation of Eliphas Levi's 1896 Transcendental Magic, its Doctrine and Ritual (1910), having seen reprints in recent years. Waite also wrote two allegorical fantasy novels, Prince Starbeam (1889) and The Quest of the Golden Stairs (1893), and edited Elfin Music, an anthology of poetry based on English fairy folklore.[13]

Waite is best known as the co-creator of the popular and widely used Rider-Waite Tarot deck and author of its companion volume, the Key to the Tarot, republished in expanded form the following year, 1911, as the Pictorial Key to the Tarot, a guide to Tarot reading.[14] The Rider-Waite-Smith tarot was notable for being one of the first tarot decks to illustrate all 78 cards fully, not only the 22 major arcana cards. Golden Dawn member Pamela Colman Smith illustrated the cards for Waite, and the deck was first published in 1909.

Last edited by JohnHermes; 04-27-2019, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                              Are you trying to say that those wrinkles in the fabric above the triangle are Hebrew text?
                              They are. The one on the right end - ` - is yodh. Working to the left, the second and fourth are he. The third, upright line with what looks like a blob on top is vav.

Of course, none of that changes the fact that Torah has nothing to do with tarot. Not the repurposed pictures nor anything else.
                              Last edited by tabibito; 04-28-2019, 08:07 PM.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                                I think they say "allah".
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment