Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Torah Comes From Tarot Cards

Faith
    Heathen
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I remember when playing one of the Assassin's Creed games hearing a guard say "want to play a game of Tarot after our shift?" got me curious on it. Definitely an interesting bit of history.
    Tarot is actually still a pretty commonly played card game in France, Italy, and parts of Germany. The company Modiano-- which is sort of like the Italian equivalent of Bicycle, insofar as playing cards are concerned-- makes a few different decks of Tarot playing cards for the different regional styles of the game.
    "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
    --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

2. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    "Ah, yes, I see. You drew Ash's Pikachu. That means you're going to be the very best, that no ever was. But there is a catch, which is that you will not achieve this without some seriously grueling training."

Now I'm thinking of a video I saw called Yu-gi-oh Poker Night on the Mashed youtube channel, and man was it hilarious. Not really appropriate for TWeb if I remember right though.