Announcement

Collapse

Wicca and Neo-Pagan Religions Guidelines

Theists only.

Which witch is which?

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Wicca/Neo Paganism. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generally not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Torah Comes From Tarot Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I'll grin and bare it.
    What THIS time!?!?!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Which had nothing to do with Tarot. The creators of the tarot cards used ancient pictographs to invent their characters. That much is correct. Maurizio da Tortona, as I cited above, used pictographs from ancient sources to create the cards. The original images were not Tarot. They were stolen to create tarot.
      Yes that is what I mean.

But that proves the tarot's origin comes from an ancient pictographs. The tarot is based is based on astrotheology aka a type of creation myth. All "sun gods" is represented by the magician card, this is what i'm trying to say and there's many esoteric tarot occultist who agree with this.. I can go days in explaining the deep biblical connection and just for one tarot card. If you haven't studied the basics of astrotheology/tarot then it'll be difficult.

You've just confirmed her holding the scroll is "heavenly knowledge", which is the bible(old testament).
      Last edited by JohnHermes; 04-24-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        There are substantial similarities between the words "Tarot" and "Carrot". Make of that information what you will.
        I am Thou
        Thou Arte I
        With the power of betacarotine we shall see the world in a new light.
        You have strengthened your bond with the carrot arcana.
        You can now make persona jokes.
        sigpic

Comment

And tarot spelled backwards is...
          torat.jpg
          When I Survey....

Comment

And torat rhymes with

00000000000000ab000-00b.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              There are substantial similarities between the words "Tarot" and "Carrot". Make of that information what you will.
              Tarot also sounds a lot like the magic word the Forever People used to summon the Infinity Man.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Ali soup nazi then "No tarot for you!" yes I liiiike

Comment

Originally posted by JohnHermes View Post
                  Yes that is what I mean.
                  Which means the earlier figures were not "tarot images". Thank you for your time.

But that proves the tarot's origin comes from an ancient pictographs.
                  Yup. About as much as Castle Greyskull's origin comes from Inverary in Scotland.

The tarot is based on astrotheology aka a type of creation myth. All "sun gods" is represented by the magician card, this is what i'm trying to say and there's many esoteric tarot occultist who agree with this.. I can go days in explaining the deep biblical connection and just for one tarot card. If you haven't studied the basics of astrotheology/tarot then it'll be difficult.

You've just confirmed her holding the scroll is "heavenly knowledge", which is the bible(old testament).
                  Again, just because something is pictured in a cartoon or a playing card doesn't make them esoteric.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The origins of tarot stem from those images or even earlier, you just concluded. It's more than just "cartoon". The people who made the rider-waite deck were occultists. And occultism includes esoteric studies. Now you're just denying what the creators intentions were when they created the deck.

Arthur Edward Waite was a scholarly American mystic who wrote extensively on occult and esoteric matters, and was the co-creator of the Rider-Waite Tarot deck. He was the first to attempt a systematic study of the history of Western occultism, viewed as a spiritual tradition rather than as aspects of proto-science or as the pathology of religion.

He was born in Brooklyn, New York, on 2 October 1857, but moved, at a young age after the death of his father, to his mother’s native England. Privately educated in North London and brought up as a Catholic, Waite was soon attracted him into psychical research after death of his sister, Frederika, in 1874, and as a young man he began to read regularly in the Library of the British Museum, studying many branches of Esotericism. He married Ada Lakeman (known as Lucasta) in 1883, and they had one daughter, Sybil.

Waite was a prolific author, in his trademark pedantic and verbose style, on subjects including divination, Esotericism, Rosicrucianism, Freemasonry, black and ceremonial magic, Kabbalism and alchemy, with many of his works being well received in academic circles. He wrote occult texts, and translated and reissued several important mystical and alchemical works, including notable works on the Holy Grail. His “Book of Ceremonial Magic” (1911), “The Holy Kabbalah” (1929), “A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry” (1921), and his edited translation of Eliphas Levi's “Transcendental Magic, its Doctrine and Ritual” (1896) have remained popular texts.
                    https://www.witchcraftandwitches.com/witches_waite.html

I rest my case
                    Last edited by JohnHermes; 04-25-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I rest my case
                      Wanna bet?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Wanna bet?
                        Never Double Down

Comment

The origins of tarot stem from those images or even earlier, you just concluded. It's more than just "cartoon". The people who made the rider-waite deck were occultists. And occultism includes esoteric studies. Now you're just denying what the creators intentions were when they created the deck.

https://www.witchcraftandwitches.com/witches_waite.html

I rest my case
                          I'm saying that anyone who ascribes esoteric value to a card is a loonie.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            Yup. About as much as Castle Greyskull's origin comes from Inverary in Scotland.
                            That's cause you gots it backwards. Inveraray Castle's origins comes from Castle Greyskull. Now say it with me, "I have the power!" smiley tinfoil-hat.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A) Bacon
                              2) I hate Trump

Comment

JohnHermes, I have a serious question for you. What do you think of Joseph Smith? Do you believe his translation and interpretation of ancient Egyptian documents were accurate?
                                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment