Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump To Use Executive Privilege?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Talk about spin.

You present an example of something that is accurate but misleading while happily ignoring the fact that Mueller said that Barr's letter was neither inaccurate nor misleading.

But I'm sure you didn't intend to be misleading yourself, right?
    And yet Mueller said, "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance...," which is, by definition, misleading. And, as you have shown yourself prone to do in this thread - you cherry-picked your quote. The entire quote is:

In a cordial and professional conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis. They then discussed whether additional context from the report would be helpful and could be quickly released.

You're at least consistent, MM.

Now I will leave the last word to you. I re-entered because I had said something false and considered it good form to acknowledge it and correct it. This exchange is most likely to simply engender more of the same, given your history.

Signing out.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      And yet Mueller said, "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance...," which is, by definition, misleading.
      Not according to any definition that Mueller is familiar since he said the letter was NOT misleading, so...
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        No Jim, it is your double standard and the fact that you care nothing about democratic institutions or transparency when it is your guy. So spare us your fake outrage...
        Regardless about what you think of me, you've basically admitted tha trump is obstructing the investigation and that is okay with you. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Regardless about what you think of me, you've basically admitted tha trump is obstructing the investigation and that is okay with you. Correct?
          No Jim, we already had a two year investigation that was completed. Where Obama stopped an investigation by stonewalling, where people actually died.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            No Jim, Obama doubled down on the program, and walked way more guns than Bush.
            That sounds like whining seer. The program was in effect when Obama took office, same program whether the ATF doubled down or not.

And the killings that we are speaking of were guns walked under Obama. So again why did Obama obstruct the Congressional investigation? Why weren't you railing about that? And where exactly is Trump trying to over throw the government?
            The killing happened with a gun that was trafficed through the program, could just as well have happened under Bush. Where were you, and the republicans, when the program was enacted under Bush?
            And don't forget that the Obama administration used the IRS to target conservative groups:

The Internal Revenue Service deliberately targeted some conservative groups applying for federal tax exempt status, delayed processing their applications and requested unnecessary information, according to a copy of a report by the agency's inspector general obtained Tuesday by CNN from a congressional source. Read the report below.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/...ine/index.html

Talk about undermining democratic institutions. I'm sure you also found this revolting.
            Many conservative groups were abusing the system from what I gathered at the time and this was an effort to stop it. But I'll read up on it and get back to you. Regardless, two wrongs don't make a right. If every time the President breaks the law you say so what, a president in the past did this or that so it's okay, then you can kiss your democracy goodby.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              And yet Mueller said, "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance...," which is, by definition, misleading. .
              That's not what the letter said. It specifically said the PRESS was misleading the public on the details.

“There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

Barr spoke to Mueller on the phone after Mueller sent his letter. According to the Washington Post, “When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation.”
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                That's not what the letter said. It specifically said the PRESS was misleading the public on the details.

“There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

Barr spoke to Mueller on the phone after Mueller sent his letter. According to the Washington Post, “When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation.”
                "Did not capture the content, nature and substance...." is exactly what the letter said. And if the press was misleading it was because Atty. Gen. Barr mislead them prior to making public that letter.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  "Did not capture the content, nature and substance...." is exactly what the letter said.
                  But not in relation to BARR misleading anyone. The PRESS are who were doing the misleading because Mueller's lackeys wanted it in writing that Trump was a bad guy.

And if the press was misleading it was because Atty. Gen. Barr mislead them prior to making public that letter.
                  No it isn't. It's because they have a narrative they are desperately trying to salvage.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    But not in relation to BARR misleading anyone. The PRESS are who were doing the misleading because Mueller's lackeys wanted it in writing that Trump was a bad guy.
                    Barr mislead everyone by lying to congress. He knew Mueller and his team didn't agree with his bogus summary of the report, yet he made it look as though he had no idea they disagreed with him. Besides that, Trump is a bad guy and if Mueller put that in writing it's because that was their job. You, obviously, just don't want to see it.

No it isn't. It's because they have a narrative they are desperately trying to salvage.
                    The evidence proves otherwise, but I understand you have your wrongful beliefs to defend.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Barr mislead everyone by lying to congress. He knew Mueller and his team didn't agree with his bogus summary of the report, yet he made it look as though he had no idea they disagreed with him. Besides that, Trump is a bad guy and if Mueller put that in writing it's because that was their job. You, obviously, just don't want to see it.

The evidence proves otherwise, but I understand you have your wrongful beliefs to defend.
                      Here's the deal Jimmy

1. They didn't have to like what Barr wrote. He is the boss, not them.
                      2. It doesn't matter because he released the full report just like congress wanted.

So why were they not asking questions about the actual report and the findings instead of yapping about the summary that is now a moot point?

Comment

• They know they can't get Trump for anything. They knew it all along. The democrats entire plan was to make Trump as ineffective as possible for his whole term by keeping him tied up in as much nonsense as they can drum up. All they are doing it creating a giant fog machine so nobody can see or do anything. As long as Trump and his administration is being tied up in red tape, he can't get much else done. And that's all they want. You can bet if Trump decided not to run again, then all this would disappear into thin air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Here's the deal Jimmy
                          No, here's the deal Sparky.
                          1. They didn't have to like what Barr wrote. He is the boss, not them.
                          The sitting President can't be indicted, he can only be impeached, so in this case Congress is the boss, not Trump front man.
                          2. It doesn't matter because he released the full report just like congress wanted.
                          Good, now congress can analyze it, hear the witnesses for themselves, and decide whether to impeach or not, which, being that the guilt is so obvious, surely they will, even though it is unlikely that the, just as corrupt republican majority Senate, will vote to impeach.
                          So why were they not asking questions about the actual report and the findings instead of yapping about the summary that is now a moot point?
                          They did. Obviously you weren't paying attention.

Comment

They know they can't get Trump for anything. They knew it all along. The democrats entire plan was to make Trump as ineffective as possible for his whole term by keeping him tied up in as much nonsense as they can drum up. All they are doing it creating a giant fog machine so nobody can see or do anything. As long as Trump and his administration is being tied up in red tape, he can't get much else done. And that's all they want. You can bet if Trump decided not to run again, then all this would disappear into thin air.
                            Don't worry, your corrupt traitor will run in 2020, because if he doesn't then he will be immediately indicted for the many criminal charges against him in state courts. He doesn't want to go to prison.

Comment

They know they can't get Trump for anything. They knew it all along. The democrats entire plan was to make Trump as ineffective as possible for his whole term by keeping him tied up in as much nonsense as they can drum up. All they are doing it creating a giant fog machine so nobody can see or do anything. As long as Trump and his administration is being tied up in red tape, he can't get much else done. And that's all they want. You can bet if Trump decided not to run again, then all this would disappear into thin air.
                              Trump has still managed to accomplish a heck of lot despite the unprecedented resistance.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Trump has still managed to accomplish a heck of lot despite the unprecedented resistance.
                                Sure has, he has colluded with a foriegn adversary in order to win election, given them classified info, sided with an adversarial dictator over his own nations intelligence agencies, Undermined the U.S Justice Dept., obstructed the investigation into his corrupt self, and his electoral campaign, cozied up to murderous dictators around the world while publicly demeaning U.S. allies, undermined the worlds attempt to deal with climate change, sewn further division in the country, signed into law a huge tax cut for the wealthy while doing all in his power to destroy health care for millions of americans, added to the swamp that is Washington D.C. rather than draining it, not to mention his continuous lying to the american people. What he wants is to be above the law, a dictator who wants to rule, not to govern, and the republican congress is complicit, because they want the same, a King, their King. Let's see if the rule of law, the constitution, democracy itself holds up, or if he, along with a complicit republican party, gets away with this slow moving coup!

Comment