Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 130

Thread: Trump To Use Executive Privilege?

  1. #91
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,595
    Amen (Given)
    24
    Amen (Received)
    1039
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Talk about spin.

    You present an example of something that is accurate but misleading while happily ignoring the fact that Mueller said that Barr's letter was neither inaccurate nor misleading.

    But I'm sure you didn't intend to be misleading yourself, right?
    And yet Mueller said, "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance...," which is, by definition, misleading. And, as you have shown yourself prone to do in this thread - you cherry-picked your quote. The entire quote is:

    In a cordial and professional conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis. They then discussed whether additional context from the report would be helpful and could be quickly released.


    You're at least consistent, MM.

    Now I will leave the last word to you. I re-entered because I had said something false and considered it good form to acknowledge it and correct it. This exchange is most likely to simply engender more of the same, given your history.

    Signing out.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

  2. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
  3. #92
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,530
    Amen (Given)
    5481
    Amen (Received)
    5361
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    And yet Mueller said, "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance...," which is, by definition, misleading.
    Not according to any definition that Mueller is familiar since he said the letter was NOT misleading, so...
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  4. #93
    Caught in the Matrix
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,147
    Amen (Given)
    1510
    Amen (Received)
    1407
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    No Jim, it is your double standard and the fact that you care nothing about democratic institutions or transparency when it is your guy. So spare us your fake outrage...
    Regardless about what you think of me, you've basically admitted tha trump is obstructing the investigation and that is okay with you. Correct?

  5. #94
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,419
    Amen (Given)
    1522
    Amen (Received)
    4673
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Regardless about what you think of me, you've basically admitted tha trump is obstructing the investigation and that is okay with you. Correct?
    No Jim, we already had a two year investigation that was completed. Where Obama stopped an investigation by stonewalling, where people actually died.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  6. #95
    Caught in the Matrix
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,147
    Amen (Given)
    1510
    Amen (Received)
    1407
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    No Jim, Obama doubled down on the program, and walked way more guns than Bush.
    That sounds like whining seer. The program was in effect when Obama took office, same program whether the ATF doubled down or not.

    And the killings that we are speaking of were guns walked under Obama. So again why did Obama obstruct the Congressional investigation? Why weren't you railing about that? And where exactly is Trump trying to over throw the government?
    The killing happened with a gun that was trafficed through the program, could just as well have happened under Bush. Where were you, and the republicans, when the program was enacted under Bush?
    And don't forget that the Obama administration used the IRS to target conservative groups:

    The Internal Revenue Service deliberately targeted some conservative groups applying for federal tax exempt status, delayed processing their applications and requested unnecessary information, according to a copy of a report by the agency's inspector general obtained Tuesday by CNN from a congressional source. Read the report below.

    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/...ine/index.html

    Talk about undermining democratic institutions. I'm sure you also found this revolting.
    Many conservative groups were abusing the system from what I gathered at the time and this was an effort to stop it. But I'll read up on it and get back to you. Regardless, two wrongs don't make a right. If every time the President breaks the law you say so what, a president in the past did this or that so it's okay, then you can kiss your democracy goodby.

  7. #96
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,200
    Amen (Given)
    7762
    Amen (Received)
    7984
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    And yet Mueller said, "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance...," which is, by definition, misleading. .
    That's not what the letter said. It specifically said the PRESS was misleading the public on the details.

    “There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

    Barr spoke to Mueller on the phone after Mueller sent his letter. According to the Washington Post, “When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation.”


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  8. #97
    Caught in the Matrix
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,147
    Amen (Given)
    1510
    Amen (Received)
    1407
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    That's not what the letter said. It specifically said the PRESS was misleading the public on the details.

    “There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

    Barr spoke to Mueller on the phone after Mueller sent his letter. According to the Washington Post, “When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation.”
    "Did not capture the content, nature and substance...." is exactly what the letter said. And if the press was misleading it was because Atty. Gen. Barr mislead them prior to making public that letter.

  9. #98
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,200
    Amen (Given)
    7762
    Amen (Received)
    7984
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    "Did not capture the content, nature and substance...." is exactly what the letter said.
    But not in relation to BARR misleading anyone. The PRESS are who were doing the misleading because Mueller's lackeys wanted it in writing that Trump was a bad guy.

    And if the press was misleading it was because Atty. Gen. Barr mislead them prior to making public that letter.
    No it isn't. It's because they have a narrative they are desperately trying to salvage.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  10. #99
    Caught in the Matrix
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,147
    Amen (Given)
    1510
    Amen (Received)
    1407
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    But not in relation to BARR misleading anyone. The PRESS are who were doing the misleading because Mueller's lackeys wanted it in writing that Trump was a bad guy.
    Barr mislead everyone by lying to congress. He knew Mueller and his team didn't agree with his bogus summary of the report, yet he made it look as though he had no idea they disagreed with him. Besides that, Trump is a bad guy and if Mueller put that in writing it's because that was their job. You, obviously, just don't want to see it.


    No it isn't. It's because they have a narrative they are desperately trying to salvage.
    The evidence proves otherwise, but I understand you have your wrongful beliefs to defend.

  11. #100
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,105
    Amen (Given)
    4618
    Amen (Received)
    20939
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Barr mislead everyone by lying to congress. He knew Mueller and his team didn't agree with his bogus summary of the report, yet he made it look as though he had no idea they disagreed with him. Besides that, Trump is a bad guy and if Mueller put that in writing it's because that was their job. You, obviously, just don't want to see it.



    The evidence proves otherwise, but I understand you have your wrongful beliefs to defend.
    Here's the deal Jimmy

    1. They didn't have to like what Barr wrote. He is the boss, not them.
    2. It doesn't matter because he released the full report just like congress wanted.

    So why were they not asking questions about the actual report and the findings instead of yapping about the summary that is now a moot point?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •