Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Just Don’t Call Them UFOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I think this thread has gone on for long enough now that it's time for the customary remark about how the thread topic has been derailed from the original topic into one of the typical political issues that are commonly discussed on TWeb, so here I go:

I wonder how a discussion about UFOs managed to get turned into a discussion about the nature of Christianity and homosexuality.

And in 11 pages (by the default page settings) no less.
    You haven't seen "Men in Black"?
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      You are welcome to your ignorant opinion, Sparko. Do you have homosexual desire? Why not? Perhaps it's just not in your nature!
      You and Tassy are the ones who seem to get your panties in a twist about Homosexuality - we are just giving you the Christian view, which is that Homosexuality is a sexual sin. Got something to share?

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        You haven't seen "Men in Black"?
        It's been long enough since I've seen Men in Black that the only thing I remember is the flashy memory eraser thingy, and the sugar-gulping alien. And I have no idea whether those two things were in MiB I or II.

Comment

It's been long enough since I've seen Men in Black that the only thing I remember is the flashy memory eraser thingy, and the sugar-gulping alien. And I have no idea whether those two things were in MiB I or II.
          The first one was MiB I, at least.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

And I have no idea whether those two things were in MiB I or II.
            You were flashy thingied, weren't you?

The-Benefits-of-a-Flashy-Thingy.jpg
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              You were flashy thingied, weren't you?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37152[/ATTACH]
              What's a flashy thingy?

Comment

• I think I've found my next avatar. I'm too lazy to shrink it right now, though.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

What's a flashy thingy?
                  Google!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      You and Tassy are the ones who seem to get your panties in a twist about Homosexuality - we are just giving you the Christian view, which is that Homosexuality is a sexual sin. Got something to share?
                      It is only the homophobe and the religious who get their panties in a twist over homosexuality, neither of which defines either Tass or myself. It is only you who fit into either one or both of those categories. The question was why do you not have the same sexual desires as that of the homosexual person? My suggestion is that it is either not in your nature, or it is repressed. What's your answer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bret View Post
                        Only on TWeb can thread about the U.S. military investigating UFOs get sidetracked into theological sniping and politically rooted mockery of gender identity.
                        Makes me wonder why I visit here even as little as I do. If I was interested in fundagelicals and antitheists attacking each others' deficient arguments, I'd read the YouTube comment sections.
                        Last edited by Duragizer; 05-21-2019, 08:07 PM.
                        "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

• Originally posted by Duragizer View Post
                          Makes me wonder why I visit here even as little as I do. If I was interested in fundagelicals and antitheists attacking each others' deficient arguments, I'd read the YouTube comment sections.
                          Dude, that's low. At least most of us here have a decent grasp on basic English.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I wonder how a discussion about UFOs managed to get turned into a discussion about the nature of Christianity and homosexuality.
                            Ever since #12:

"I believe that any lights in the sky that are unidentifiable are simply angelic or demonic beings. Perhaps waging warfare in the upper and lower atmospheres.

Daniel 10:13-20

Or angels merely going about the business of God. Because I don't believe there is life anywhere else in the universe"..
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              Ever since #12:

"I believe that any lights in the sky that are unidentifiable are simply angelic or demonic beings. Perhaps waging warfare in the upper and lower atmospheres.

Daniel 10:13-20

Or angels merely going about the business of God. Because I don't believe there is life anywhere else in the universe"..
                              This is what Billy Graham believed.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                It is only the homophobe and the religious who get their panties in a twist over homosexuality, neither of which defines either Tass or myself. It is only you who fit into either one or both of those categories. The question was why do you not have the same sexual desires as that of the homosexual person? My suggestion is that it is either not in your nature, or it is repressed. What's your answer?
                                The same reason I don't have the same sexual desires as a pedophile or someone who is into bestiality. Or who has a fetish for shoes. People have different sexual desires. Just like people have desires for different foods, or different TV shows. It doesn't make them have different natures.

Comment