Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Just Don’t Call Them UFOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Well I just watched them entertain your NSA troops while some others ran off with a few tons of your bacon.
    Suuuure you did.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Suuuure you did.
      Miss Nubbins invited me over for breakfast after I gave her your door code on warehouse 12B

Comment

smiley dolt.gif
        xx Sparko

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I believe that any lights in the sky that are unidentifiable are simply angelic or demonic beings.

Perhaps waging warfare in the upper and lower atmospheres.

Daniel 10:13-20

Or angels merely going about the business of God.

Because I don't believe there is life anywhere else in the universe.
          Pretty sterile, hypertrophic universe then.
          Last edited by Duragizer; 05-01-2019, 11:23 PM.
          "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

I believe that any lights in the sky that are unidentifiable are simply angelic or demonic beings.

Perhaps waging warfare in the upper and lower atmospheres.

Daniel 10:13-20

Or angels merely going about the business of God.

Because I don't believe there is life anywhere else in the universe.
            Really. And why would you believe such unverifiable, superstitious nonsense?
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Really. And why would you believe such unverifiable, superstitious nonsense?
              And why would you believe such unverifiable, superstitious nonsense as life existing elsewhere in the universe?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

They are real but I don't think they're aliens from a distant planet. We might not have a category for them. I find it really suspicious that they are so humanoid, though, if they evolved on a distant planet. That's assuming the common depiction of them from multiple accounts is true. Jacques Vallée is a world renowned UFO researcher and there is even an homage character to him in Spielberg's "Close Encounters." He eventually abandoned the alien hypothesis and notes that throughout history there seem to be beings, a non-human intelligence, that try to manipulate society through deception. They masquerade as different figures but their methods are usually the same - tricking people with 'weird' experiences.

And the rest are just classified American technology.
                "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                  They are real but I don't think they're aliens from a distant planet. We might not have a category for them. I find it really suspicious that they are so humanoid, though, if they evolved on a distant planet. That's assuming the common depiction of them from multiple accounts is true. Jacques Vallée is a world renowned UFO researcher and there is even an homage character to him in Spielberg's "Close Encounters." He eventually abandoned the alien hypothesis and notes that throughout history there seem to be beings, a non-human intelligence, that try to manipulate society through deception. They masquerade as different figures but their methods are usually the same - tricking people with 'weird' experiences.
                  Now that's how The X-Files mytharc should've gone down.
                  Last edited by Duragizer; 05-04-2019, 02:52 AM.
                  "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

And why would you believe such unverifiable, superstitious nonsense as life existing elsewhere in the universe?
                    Mathematically speaking, given the utter vastness of it, it seems inevitable that there is life elsewhere. The question is whether their is intelligent life (as in at our level or higher), and that I see as far less likely.

Comment

Mathematically speaking, given the utter vastness of it, it seems inevitable that there is life elsewhere. The question is whether their is intelligent life (as in at our level or higher), and that I see as far less likely.
                      I would think, that since the universe is billions and billions of years old, that we would have had absolute proof by now that other intelligent life forms exist.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I would think, that since the universe is billions and billions of years old, that we would have had absolute proof by now that other intelligent life forms exist.

Maybe they're smarter than us so they're hiding cause they don't want liberals destroying their lives.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe if this was some sci-fi universe where every other planet was teeming with intelligent life and FTL travel was feasible/practical. Unfortunately, this ain't Star Trek.
                          Last edited by Duragizer; 05-04-2019, 05:35 PM.

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

How about a triangle shaped craft about three hundred feet up in the air and about 50 yards wide. Hovering over a small pond, with no sound and no disturbance on the water.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I see no reason to assume this if one stipulates that Earth was a recipient of special creation.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

My question is why would UFO's waste time being filmed?

Comment