Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pro-choice distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    He wants to bargain with the burglar who just broke into his home and already has him tied up and tossed in a corner.
    It's more like agreeing to have your hands tied behind your back before stepping into the boxing ring with an unbound opponent.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      He wants to bargain with the burglar who just broke into his home and already has him tied up and tossed in a corner.
      To be fair, I don't see him as saying that. He has said that he wants to find solutions to prevent unwanted pregnancy, but that he doesn't have any as yet. That's why he started the other thread, to brainstorm with people to see how we can change popular culture to see contraception/prevention/adoption in a positive way, and abortion as a thing to be avoided. He just didn't listen when we said we're already on it and the things he's suggesting are not working very well.
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
        He just didn't listen when we said we're already on it and the things he's suggesting are not working very well.
        "Not working very well" for the purpose of stopping abortion, but that's because the pro-abortion lobby will never agree to any compromise that promotes that goal. It's why carpe's entire premise fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          "Not working very well" for the purpose of stopping abortion, but that's because the pro-abortion lobby will never agree to any compromise that promotes that goal. It's why carpe's entire premise fails.
          Exactly. PP will fight tooth and nail against things like teaching kids about responsibility in sex ed classes because it affects their bottom line. Ohh, here's an idea: maybe if PP actually started offering things like prenatal care and mammograms and getting federal funding for it, instead of only offering a referral to a clinic that does the actual exams, they'll stop focusing so much on abortions for their income. (On a related note, I think it's pretty sneaky and scammy that they count referrals under "services offered". As if no one can walk into a hospital and get an exam unless PP told them to.)
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

To be fair, I don't see him as saying that. He has said that he wants to find solutions to prevent unwanted pregnancy, but that he doesn't have any as yet. That's why he started the other thread, to brainstorm with people to see how we can change popular culture to see contraception/prevention/adoption in a positive way, and abortion as a thing to be avoided. He just didn't listen when we said we're already on it and the things he's suggesting are not working very well.
            My analogy was pointing out that the burglar, the pro-choice crowd, already HAS everything they want, and there is nothing we can compromise with them about.

We already have 99.9% effective birth control. If people don't want to get pregnant they don't have to. And they all know about it. They are taught it at home and at schools. So the fact that there are unwanted pregnancies is due to them not giving a crap. Not taking precautions.

Comment

My analogy was pointing out that the burglar, the pro-choice crowd, already HAS everything they want, and there is nothing we can compromise with them about.

We already have 99.9% effective birth control. If people don't want to get pregnant they don't have to. And they all know about it. They are taught it at home and at schools. So the fact that there are unwanted pregnancies is due to them not giving a crap. Not taking precautions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Leaving ZERO choice to the baby. Not pro-choice.

I'll ignore the rest of your moronic attempt at mind reading.
                The so called (baby) is not it's own body, it is the womans body, the womens choice to make. The fetus could possible be a human being one day, and though it is certainly human, so is the pancreas, it is not a human being, it is, like the pancreas, the womans body. I know, you beg to differ, but the courts have ruled concerning personhood, R vs W, and we know you conservative, self described pro-lifers, don't really give a damn about persons anyway, except when they are still in their possibility state.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  The so called (baby) is not it's own body, it is the womans body, the womens choice to make.
                  The baby has its very own unique DNA - sciences proves you wrong.

The fetus could possible be a human being one day, and though it is certainly human, so is the pancreas, it is not a human being, it is, like the pancreas, the womans body. I know, you beg to differ, but the courts have ruled concerning personhood, R vs W, and we know you conservative, self described pro-lifers, don't really give a damn about persons anyway, except when they are still in their possibility state.
                  Wow, what "BiologyForMorons" did you get THAT crap from?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    The so called (baby) is not it's own body, it is the womans body, the womens choice to make.
                    No part of the baby is the woman's body.
                    The fetus could possible be a human being one day, and though it is certainly human, so is the pancreas, it is not a human being, it is, like the pancreas
                    Barring accident or disease, the pancreas reproduces only pancreatic cells - which in turn produce enzymes necessary to bodily function. The pancreas is not human, it is a human organ; a foetus is not a human organ, it is a human
                    the womans body.
                    The foetus is not any part of the woman's body - it doesn't even have the same genetic code.
                    I know, you beg to differ, but the courts have ruled concerning personhood, R vs W,
                    The court made no determination on personhood in Roe vs Wade. The court explicitly stated that was a matter to be determined elsewhen.
                    and we know you conservative, self described pro-lifers, don't really give a damn about persons anyway, except when they are still in their possibility state.
                    You "know" these things only in the same sense that it can be said that a young child "knows" Santa Claus is real.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• I've probably said this before, but let's say a fetus has a problem that would result in death if not immediately resuscitated after birth. For example, hypoplastic left heart syndrome or something severely affecting the lung development. So, in order to save the baby, they are taken out in an EXIT procedure to be connected to an ECMO machine while still receiving oxygen from the placenta. Now the baby stays attached to this machine that provides oxygen instead of the lungs for several months to help the lungs develop or recover from heart surgery. The baby will not breathe on their own until they come off the ECMO. How is the postbirth life support any different from the prebirth life support?
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        I've probably said this before, but let's say a fetus has a problem that would result in death if not immediately resuscitated after birth. For example, hypoplastic left heart syndrome or something severely affecting the lung development. So, in order to save the baby, they are taken out in an EXIT procedure to be connected to an ECMO machine while still receiving oxygen from the placenta. Now the baby stays attached to this machine that provides oxygen instead of the lungs for several months to help the lungs develop or recover from heart surgery. The baby will not breathe on their own until they come off the ECMO. How is the postbirth life support any different from the prebirth life support?
                        Too easy. It's mother doesn't consider its survival too much inconvenience.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

The baby has its very own unique DNA - sciences proves you wrong.

Wow, what "BiologyForMorons" did you get THAT crap from?
                          Indeed. Anybody who doesn't know that an embryo is a completely separate organism from the mother is scientifically illiterate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Indeed. Anybody who doesn't know that an embryo is a completely separate organism from the mother is scientifically illiterate.
                            Or dishonest!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• they deceive and get deceived, never becoming able to acknowledge the truth.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Or dishonest!
                                Funny thing is, most secularists seem to think that scientific ignorance is a greater sin than dishonesty.

Comment