Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pro-choice distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-choice distortion

"The baby is born, the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. And then the doctor and mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.”

I really don't think this ever happens. I'd be surprised if anyone who considers the matter for more than a few seconds would think this ever happens.
    I don't think this will change anyone's mind in either direction. It might, however, reduce pro-choice credibility.

So the question is: do such obvious falsehoods do more harm than good?
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Does it really help to call abortion activists "pro-choice", when they only want the woman to make the "choice" they support?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Does it really help to call abortion activists "pro-choice", when they only want the woman to make the "choice" they support?
      I like pro-death, since they are advocating for the the right to kill an unborn child.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        I like pro-death, since they are advocating for the the right to kill an unborn child.
        Even the name "planned parenthood" is a lie.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's no more a distortion on the part of pro-lifers than it is for pro-choicers to distort the pro-life position by saying we think a mother who doesn't want her child should be forced to keep him/ her.
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

So, yes, I agree - the "Pro-Choice" moniker is pure distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              "The baby is born, the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. And then the doctor and mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.”

I really don't think this ever happens. I'd be surprised if anyone who considers the matter for more than a few seconds would think this ever happens.
              I don't think this will change anyone's mind in either direction. It might, however, reduce pro-choice credibility.

For the record, I don't think this scenario would ever happen. Someone who doesn't want her baby isn't going to "wrap the baby beautifully".
              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

source?

Any time people lie or distort the actual position of a person or group, they are doing more harm than good. Sometimes it's accidental due to ignorance rather than malice, but it is never good.

Jim
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-29-2019, 01:02 PM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That's a mischaracterization too. They aren't necessarily looking to encourage people in general to choose abortion. What they want is the choice to be available if a woman decides she does not want the baby she is carrying.

For the gaslight crowd: Notice i said 'too'. This means also. This means I am considering Roy's quote a mischaracterization. And I am not advocating for abortion. I am against abortion on demand.

I am simply saying one thing and one thing only:

that your characterization of the pro-choice position above is ALSO wrong.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post

This sounds like a case of using hyperbole to make a point.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      That's a mischaracterization too. They aren't necessarily looking to encourage people in general to choose abortion.
                      So, why are they so opposed to "informed consent"?

Comment

Planned Parenthood is NOT an abortion provider like the NFL is NOT about football.

The NFL sells 5 million hot dogs in a season, and there are only 256 games, therefore, football is only .005% of what they do!

That's the logic that Planned Parenthood uses to claim that abortions are only 3% of what they do.

Comment

So, why are they so opposed to "informed consent"?
                          For the same reason we would not want to be forced to give a young girl seeking help in a pro-life clinic a list of area abortion clinics.

Jim

Comment

For the same reason we would not want to be forced to give a young girl seeking help in a pro-life clinic a list of area abortion clinics.

Jim
                            Wow - we're talking about a 'young girl' about to end a human life being required to know more about that before she does it, as opposed to....

wow

Comment

That's a mischaracterization too. They aren't necessarily looking to encourage people in general to choose abortion.
                              No, just the pregnant ones.

Planned Parenthood’s abortion quota certificate proven authentic – by Planned Parenthood

February 27, 2017 (LiveActionNews) -- On February 8, 2017, President and Founder of Live Action, Lila Rose, posted a photo of a certificate awarded to a Colorado Planned Parenthood for exceeding abortion quotas.

The certificate, “For Exceeding Abortion Visits,” was awarded to the Aurora Planned Parenthood facility back in May of 2013, but still stirs up controversy four years later. Live Action received emails and Facebook comments after Rose’s post, questioning the validity of the award. Some claimed the photo was doctored or photo-shopped.

abortion award.jpg

However, Planned Parenthood itself admitted to the validity of the award in a blog post from July 2014. Speaking of pro-life claims that Planned Parenthood had abortion quotas, Vicki Cowart, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (PPRM), responded that the photo was of a certificate that PPRM had given to one of its clinics:
                              The entire basis of their claim was a photo of a certificate that Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave to a health center for increasing its abortion services. … And, yes, we absolutely do celebrate our progress in ensuring that more people have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion. And we always will.

Abby Johnson, Founder and President of And Then There Were None and a former Planned Parenthood clinic director, posted the same image of the award to her Facebook page.

“So remember when I posted this photo that we received from a former Planned Parenthood worker? And remember that we said that this was an award for increasing their abortion numbers at the Aurora abortion clinic?” Johnson wrote. “Well, Planned Parenthood has responded and has confirmed that, YES, this is an award that was given out by them. And, YES, they will continue to ‘celebrate their progress and they always will.’”

Comment