Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-choice distortion

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Sparko - this conversation is showing every sign of going down the usual rathole. I'm going to bow out and concentrate my attention in the other thread. You are welcome to join us if you wish. It is, after all, your site!
    No thanks, you can keep your little safe place all to yourself. You don't seem to have any solution, but you want to beat conservative Christian pro-lifers over the head with a bat so you can feel superior by claiming you want a "civil solution"

It's just more passive aggressiveness from you.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    No thanks, you can keep your little safe place all to yourself. You don't seem to have any solution, but you want to beat conservative Christian pro-lifers over the head with a bat so you can feel superior by claiming you want a "civil solution"

It's just more passive aggressiveness from you.
    His "middle ground" is to tell pro-lifers to consider the war lost and to do what little we can without stepping on the pro-abortionists' toes.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    His "middle ground" is to tell pro-lifers to consider the war lost and to do what little we can without stepping on the pro-abortionists' toes.
    He wants to bargain with the burglar who just broke into his home and already has him tied up and tossed in a corner.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He wants to bargain with the burglar who just broke into his home and already has him tied up and tossed in a corner.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's kinda like blaming the guy holding the sign and yelling "The BRIDGE IS OUT" for the deaths of those who, to their own peril, ignored the warning. He needs to "stop the war".

ETA: In fact, in that analogy, the guy could have already called the police to set up barricades, and his buddies at the Road & Bridge Department, but he's still "waging the war" and should be silent.

(I love the cartoon where the guy is climbing out of the river, all bruised and bloody, and approaches the guy holding a sign that says "THE END IS NEAR". He asks, quite angrily, "Shouldn't your sign have said THE BRIDGE IS OUT"?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's more like agreeing to have your hands tied behind your back before stepping into the boxing ring with an unbound opponent.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    To be fair, I don't see him as saying that. He has said that he wants to find solutions to prevent unwanted pregnancy, but that he doesn't have any as yet. That's why he started the other thread, to brainstorm with people to see how we can change popular culture to see contraception/prevention/adoption in a positive way, and abortion as a thing to be avoided. He just didn't listen when we said we're already on it and the things he's suggesting are not working very well.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

8. Amen tabibito amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    He just didn't listen when we said we're already on it and the things he's suggesting are not working very well.
    "Not working very well" for the purpose of stopping abortion, but that's because the pro-abortion lobby will never agree to any compromise that promotes that goal. It's why carpe's entire premise fails.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Not working very well" for the purpose of stopping abortion, but that's because the pro-abortion lobby will never agree to any compromise that promotes that goal. It's why carpe's entire premise fails.
    Exactly. PP will fight tooth and nail against things like teaching kids about responsibility in sex ed classes because it affects their bottom line. Ohh, here's an idea: maybe if PP actually started offering things like prenatal care and mammograms and getting federal funding for it, instead of only offering a referral to a clinic that does the actual exams, they'll stop focusing so much on abortions for their income. (On a related note, I think it's pretty sneaky and scammy that they count referrals under "services offered". As if no one can walk into a hospital and get an exam unless PP told them to.)
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    To be fair, I don't see him as saying that. He has said that he wants to find solutions to prevent unwanted pregnancy, but that he doesn't have any as yet. That's why he started the other thread, to brainstorm with people to see how we can change popular culture to see contraception/prevention/adoption in a positive way, and abortion as a thing to be avoided. He just didn't listen when we said we're already on it and the things he's suggesting are not working very well.
    My analogy was pointing out that the burglar, the pro-choice crowd, already HAS everything they want, and there is nothing we can compromise with them about.

We already have 99.9% effective birth control. If people don't want to get pregnant they don't have to. And they all know about it. They are taught it at home and at schools. So the fact that there are unwanted pregnancies is due to them not giving a crap. Not taking precautions.