Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-choice distortion

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    That's a mischaracterization too. They aren't necessarily looking to encourage people in general to choose abortion.
    So, why are they so opposed to "informed consent"?
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Planned Parenthood is NOT an abortion provider like the NFL is NOT about football.

The NFL sells 5 million hot dogs in a season, and there are only 256 games, therefore, football is only .005% of what they do!

That's the logic that Planned Parenthood uses to claim that abortions are only 3% of what they do.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, why are they so opposed to "informed consent"?
    For the same reason we would not want to be forced to give a young girl seeking help in a pro-life clinic a list of area abortion clinics.

Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    For the same reason we would not want to be forced to give a young girl seeking help in a pro-life clinic a list of area abortion clinics.

Jim
    Wow - we're talking about a 'young girl' about to end a human life being required to know more about that before she does it, as opposed to....

wow

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's a mischaracterization too. They aren't necessarily looking to encourage people in general to choose abortion.
    No, just the pregnant ones.

Planned Parenthood’s abortion quota certificate proven authentic – by Planned Parenthood

February 27, 2017 (LiveActionNews) -- On February 8, 2017, President and Founder of Live Action, Lila Rose, posted a photo of a certificate awarded to a Colorado Planned Parenthood for exceeding abortion quotas.

The certificate, “For Exceeding Abortion Visits,” was awarded to the Aurora Planned Parenthood facility back in May of 2013, but still stirs up controversy four years later. Live Action received emails and Facebook comments after Rose’s post, questioning the validity of the award. Some claimed the photo was doctored or photo-shopped.

abortion award.jpg

However, Planned Parenthood itself admitted to the validity of the award in a blog post from July 2014. Speaking of pro-life claims that Planned Parenthood had abortion quotas, Vicki Cowart, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (PPRM), responded that the photo was of a certificate that PPRM had given to one of its clinics:

The entire basis of their claim was a photo of a certificate that Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave to a health center for increasing its abortion services. … And, yes, we absolutely do celebrate our progress in ensuring that more people have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion. And we always will.

Abby Johnson, Founder and President of And Then There Were None and a former Planned Parenthood clinic director, posted the same image of the award to her Facebook page.

“So remember when I posted this photo that we received from a former Planned Parenthood worker? And remember that we said that this was an award for increasing their abortion numbers at the Aurora abortion clinic?” Johnson wrote. “Well, Planned Parenthood has responded and has confirmed that, YES, this is an award that was given out by them. And, YES, they will continue to ‘celebrate their progress and they always will.’”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wow - we're talking about a 'young girl' about to end a human life being required to know more about that before she does it, as opposed to....

wow
    Do you suppose I am not aware of that? You act like I'm arguing for abortion - again trying to paint me as what I am not.

What I am advocating for is honesty in the discussion.

There are two different world views looking at the event through very different value systems. We believe it is wrong to kill the child, and they believe it is wrong to let a mistake ruin the life of a young mother. They do not necessarily see the child as a child, especially in the earliest phases of gestation. They believe the abortion is the best decision, just like we believe not killing the child is the best decision. They also feel that our 'informed consent' is just as much biased propaganda as we believe their approach hiding what actually happens in the abortion is propaganda. We want to emphasize that this is a child they are killing. They want to emphasis that this is not a fully developed child (especially first trimester) and that the responsibility of raising a child lasts a lifetime and she is probably not ready to take that on.

It is not that they are demons trying to make sure this child gets killed, it is that they honestly are wanting what is best for the mother, however misguided you or I would see their method of accomplishing that.

Ergo: Your response mischaracterizes their position.

Ergo: They resist what you are calling 'informed consent' for the same reason you resist telling the young mother about her abortion options.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-29-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are trying to read things into my words that are not there. But I know there is nothing I can do to stop it. You must first decide for yourself that you will approach my posts with goodwill instead of disdain.

You have two different world views looking at the event through very different value systems. We believe it is wrong to kill the child, and they believe it is wrong to let a mistake ruin the life of a young mother. They do not necessarily see the child as a child, especially in the earliest phases of gestation. They believe the abortion is the best decision, just like we believe not killing the child is the best decision. They also feel that our 'informed consent' is just as much biased propaganda as we believe their approach hiding what actually happens in the abortion is propaganda. We want to emphasize that this is a child they are killing. They want to emphasis that this is not a fully developed child (especially first trimester) and that the responsibility of raising a child lasts a lifetime and she is probably not ready to take that on.

It is not that they are demons trying to make sure this child gets killed, it is that they honestly are wanting what is best for the mother, however misguided you or I would see their method of accomplishing that.

Ergo: They resist what you are calling 'informed consent' for the same reason you resist telling the young mother about her abortion options.

Jim
    Yeah, see my prior post.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, just the pregnant ones.

Planned Parenthood’s abortion quota certificate proven authentic – by Planned Parenthood

February 27, 2017 (LiveActionNews) -- On February 8, 2017, President and Founder of Live Action, Lila Rose, posted a photo of a certificate awarded to a Colorado Planned Parenthood for exceeding abortion quotas.

The certificate, “For Exceeding Abortion Visits,” was awarded to the Aurora Planned Parenthood facility back in May of 2013, but still stirs up controversy four years later. Live Action received emails and Facebook comments after Rose’s post, questioning the validity of the award. Some claimed the photo was doctored or photo-shopped.

abortion award.jpg

However, Planned Parenthood itself admitted to the validity of the award in a blog post from July 2014. Speaking of pro-life claims that Planned Parenthood had abortion quotas, Vicki Cowart, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (PPRM), responded that the photo was of a certificate that PPRM had given to one of its clinics:

The entire basis of their claim was a photo of a certificate that Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave to a health center for increasing its abortion services. … And, yes, we absolutely do celebrate our progress in ensuring that more people have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion. And we always will.

Abby Johnson, Founder and President of And Then There Were None and a former Planned Parenthood clinic director, posted the same image of the award to her Facebook page.

“So remember when I posted this photo that we received from a former Planned Parenthood worker? And remember that we said that this was an award for increasing their abortion numbers at the Aurora abortion clinic?” Johnson wrote. “Well, Planned Parenthood has responded and has confirmed that, YES, this is an award that was given out by them. And, YES, they will continue to ‘celebrate their progress and they always will.’”
    You are still mischaracterizing their position. Though I agree with you that is a horrible way to approach the issue.

But not as horrible as bombing abortion clinics, or having large groups of people verbally assaulting the individual young ladies entering the clinics

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-29-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are still mischaracterizing their position.
    They REWARD their clinics for doing MORE abortions, Jim. "For exceeding ABORTION visits" - not for "providing more services to women".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Do you suppose I am not aware of that? You act like I'm arguing for abortion - again trying to paint me as what I am not.

What I am advocating for is honesty in the discussion.

There are two different world views looking at the event through very different value systems. We believe it is wrong to kill the child, and they believe it is wrong to let a mistake ruin the life of a young mother. They do not necessarily see the child as a child, especially in the earliest phases of gestation. They believe the abortion is the best decision, just like we believe not killing the child is the best decision. They also feel that our 'informed consent' is just as much biased propaganda as we believe their approach hiding what actually happens in the abortion is propaganda. We want to emphasize that this is a child they are killing. They want to emphasis that this is not a fully developed child (especially first trimester) and that the responsibility of raising a child lasts a lifetime and she is probably not ready to take that on.

Jim
    And Hitler thought he was doing the human race a favor by purging Jews from the gene pool. So what? Does it really matter when what they believe is so egregiously evil?

And you wonder why we question your stance on abortion when you post nonsense like this that implies that the opposing sides are on equal moral footing.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.