Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pro-choice distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Actually, it makes perfect sense. They offer a wide range of services, mostly focused on making having a family something that is planned. That includes parent counseling, contraception, neonatal care, and abortions. Deciding NOT to have a child is also a parenting decision. It could be because you feel you are not ready to be a parent - or because you already have children and are at your limit. All of it involves planning.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You know, this discussion is showing every sign of going down the usual angry, hating, attacking rate hole...
      I'm assuming you mean rat hole, and I think it's a bit overly dramatic to assume anger and hate.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...Until then, as smug and comfortable as you may feel in your moral superiority, IMO, you are contributing to the death of children.
        I particularly loved this part. Toss a moral stink bomb, then scurry off in your own cloak of moral superiority!

Last word to all of you.
        Here ya go again!

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
          It is a lie to characterize all or most pro-abortionists as trying to make women kill their babies.
          But it's not a lie to say they vigorously defend a woman's "right" to murder her unborn child if she chooses, even to the point of denying her information that might make her choose otherwise.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            But it's not a lie to say they vigorously defend a woman's "right" to murder her unborn child if she chooses, even to the point of denying her information that might make her choose otherwise.
            A former abortionist weighs in....

As a former abortionist, I had reservations about seeing the movie "Unplanned." What I experienced was a brilliantly executed, accurate portrayal of life within the abortion industry. It chronicles the rise of Abby Johnson from idealistic volunteer to an abortion clinic manager until she is finally confronted with the harsh reality of abortion. It also gives a rare glimpse into the corporate workings of Planned Parenthood. Although we played different roles; our experiences were amazingly similar.

I cried as I saw her make the same mistakes I had, and especially when the full realization of what she had been doing hit her. I know that anguish. While in the industry, I thought pro-lifers were rabid, mean-spirited, judgmental, fanatics. But I later experienced the same love and compassion from them that Abby did, and I realized, as she did, that they were the ones who truly cared about women in crisis and were willing to give them the help they needed. We were making a profit off these women; they were not.

I was surprised at how tastefully the movie was done considering its “R” rating and the grizzly nature of abortion itself. Although there were some uncomfortable scenes, I think it is entirely appropriate for adolescents to view it with their parents.

This part is quite concerning....

Abby’s experience with her own medical abortion is consistent with the many cases I have reviewed. The panic and reactions of the staff when their patient almost died was realistic, as was the attempt to cover it up. Abortions are purported to be safe but, we really don’t know because so many complications are never reported. I had no requirement, nor even a vehicle for reporting complications coming out of the local abortion clinics that I saw in my practice and in the ER.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              A former abortionist weighs in....

As a former abortionist, I had reservations about seeing the movie "Unplanned." What I experienced was a brilliantly executed, accurate portrayal of life within the abortion industry. It chronicles the rise of Abby Johnson from idealistic volunteer to an abortion clinic manager until she is finally confronted with the harsh reality of abortion. It also gives a rare glimpse into the corporate workings of Planned Parenthood. Although we played different roles; our experiences were amazingly similar.

I cried as I saw her make the same mistakes I had, and especially when the full realization of what she had been doing hit her. I know that anguish. While in the industry, I thought pro-lifers were rabid, mean-spirited, judgmental, fanatics. But I later experienced the same love and compassion from them that Abby did, and I realized, as she did, that they were the ones who truly cared about women in crisis and were willing to give them the help they needed. We were making a profit off these women; they were not.

I was surprised at how tastefully the movie was done considering its “R” rating and the grizzly nature of abortion itself. Although there were some uncomfortable scenes, I think it is entirely appropriate for adolescents to view it with their parents.

This part is quite concerning....

Abby’s experience with her own medical abortion is consistent with the many cases I have reviewed. The panic and reactions of the staff when their patient almost died was realistic, as was the attempt to cover it up. Abortions are purported to be safe but, we really don’t know because so many complications are never reported. I had no requirement, nor even a vehicle for reporting complications coming out of the local abortion clinics that I saw in my practice and in the ER.
              Then there's this...

"The depiction of the abortion procedure itself, including the pain experienced by the patient, was accurate and was not sensationalized. This was also true of the sonographic images of the baby in its attempts to escape the suction cannula until it was finally sucked out of the uterus. Such reactions by the fetus have been scientifically documented in numerous studies."

That's horrific.

But, no, it's just an unfeeling lump of tissue. The lies people tell themselves so they can sleep at night.

Comment

I've just realised I typed "pro-choice" twice when I meant "pro-life". Oops.

Fortunately, no-one noticed.

Unfortunately, not a single response addressed the question I asked.
                Last edited by Roy; 04-30-2019, 10:33 AM.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  I've just realised I typed "pro-choice" twice when I meant "pro-life". Oops.

I wonder if anyone noticed?
                  It quickly morphed into "both sides!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    It is a lie to characterize all or most pro-abortionists as trying to make women kill their babies.
                    Who is saying that?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Let's tone that down just a tad to something less overly dramatic, and assume you meant "pro-abortionists to convince women to have abortions".

Then tell me, do you think these people are lying?

I was told, “Why did you only do 25 procedures today? Why did you send this many women home?” Because I was the type of center manager that if a woman was unsure, she wasn’t getting the procedure done today under my watch. I was quick to give people a refund, or send women home and tell them, you know, to continue thinking about it…

When I sent women home because they’re unsure, or I could see in their faces and their answers, their responses to the counseling questions, they were just not certain about their decision – what was I expected to do? Was I expected to go out and just find women to have abortions? Or was I expected to just go ahead and let these women go through with a procedure? I believe they really wanted me to, of course, not go out on the streets and find women, but the women that were already there in the clinic were expected to have those procedures.

“Ellen” also says she was reprimanded for offering women information on adoption. Other former Planned Parenthood workers have also indicated that adoption is not one of the options presented at Planned Parenthood.

Well, in my affiliate an adoption referral was if a woman picked up that envelope, that bag and it had a pamphlet in it about adoption. That counted as an adoption referral. In all my years there, never in the 17 centers across Iowa, did we have an adoption. Not once.

Comment

And I know it's anecdotal, but two of the women who work at our local pregnancy center USED to work for the abortion mill nearby that closed down and became a Christian counseling center for women. (Yes, the very one featured in the movie UNPLANNED)

BOTH of these women recount how much pressure they were under to "get the signatures" for the women being counseled to consent to abortion THAT DAY.

Comment

Last word to all of you.
                          You answered everyone else and skipped my post entirely. Real classy.
                          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

That may well be a fair characterization of how abortion clinics counsel women in this sitiation. Had that statement been the original statement and applied specifically to abortion clinic practices, I doubt I would have ever challenged it.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                              That may well be a fair charaterization of how abortiob clinics counsel women in this sitiation. Had that statement been the original statenent and applied to abortion clinic practices, I doubt I would have ever challanged it.

Jim
                              At this point, I'm not even sure which statement you're taking issue with, or why.

Comment

At this point, I'm not even sure which statement you're taking issue with, or why.
                                That's what you get for twisting my words around so much. You've confused youself in the process!

Serves you right!

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment