Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Ouch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch!!!

God is good.

This afternoon I went to visit my friend who suffered from a ruptured brain aneurysm back in January. She is recovering at a miraculous pace. It is hard to tell she ever even had one.

Well, we went out to lunch and on the return trip as we took a left turn a SUV accelerated in order to get through the light and full on T-boned the van we were in. It hit square on into the passenger side door where I was sitting knocking it in a full foot and causing the van to flip over.

Fortunately we all had our seat belts on and the van is (was) well built. The three of us were taken by ambulance to the hospital trauma center but fortunately no serious injuries and we were all released from the hospital.

Steve and I were naturally concerned for Fraulein considering her condition but she's just sore as are he and I. I overheard the doctor and nurse saying they didn't I understand how I didn't have any broken bones especially my arm and hip or any real contusions considering I took the "meat side impact" full on. Although my arm hurts and my hip does as well when I walk or lift my leg up -- and it'll hurt considerably more tomorrow.

The driver of the other vehicle appeared to be fine.

Anywho... coulda been a whole lot worse. God was definitely looking out for us.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Wow.
    sigpic

Comment

Ack! You watch yourself! I bet you were all worried about Fraulien...I know I'd have every machine I had checking every inch of that poor lady!

God IS good! Keep us posted.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

So, so glad none of you were injured badly!

God indeed had His hand upon you all!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yup. Very sore this morning, but not really much more so than last night. Arm is better although a bit swollen on the forearm below the elbow but now I have some sore ribs but I can take a deep breath without pain.

Still, all things considered... As mossy said, God had His hand upon us.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wow. Thank God you all were OK.

Just take it easy, I will watch your bacon for you to give you time to recover.

Comment

So glad you are OK Rogue.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Heard from my friend's insurance company. He got charged with turning while the light was red which would mean the other vehicle also ran the red light. They said they'd give me $5000 for medical expenses since that's what his coverage has. I know considering they used a CT scan and was in the trauma center that my bills will exceed that.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Heard from my friend's insurance company. He got charged with turning while the light was red which would mean the other vehicle also ran the red light. They said they'd give me $5000 for medical expenses since that's what his coverage has. I know considering they used a CT scan and was in the trauma center that my bills will exceed that.
                  Over 5,000? I'm hoping not too much. Glad you are doing okay.

Comment

Glad your ok man! A hit that rolled a van is quite the impact. It truly IS a miracle you weren't injured more severely!

Is $5,000 a usual number for insurance personal injury liability? Because that sounds awfully low now days.
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

In Cali the minimum liability is $15,000 per claimant or $30,000 per bodily injury. I've not been in an accident where that had to be claimed so not sure about anything else.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        Glad your ok man! A hit that rolled a van is quite the impact. It truly IS a miracle you weren't injured more severely!

Is $5,000 a usual number for insurance personal injury liability? Because that sounds awfully low now days.
                        Being in a trauma center and having CT scans I think it's safe to say that it'll exceed $5000. The person I talked to really pissed me off with her cavalier attitude and I let her know it although she called back today to apologize. Several friends have advised me to hire a lawyer but while I would have no problem suing the insurance company I don't want any part of suing Steve who has been my best friend for 40 years. In fact he told me that he'll cover anything that the insurance doesn't cover. Even though I don't appear to need any more medical care I don't want to put that burden on him.

Incidentally, the CT scan revealed that I have a kidney stone but that might dissolve or become a problem down the road. I also have a tiny "nodule" or something in a lung. The doctor thinks it is probably scar tissue or the like but advises that I have another x-ray in a few months to see if it has grown.

Comment

Being in a trauma center and having CT scans I think it's safe to say that it'll exceed $5000. The person I talked to really pissed me off with her cavalier attitude and I let her know it although she called back today to apologize. Several friends have advised me to hire a lawyer but while I would have no problem suing the insurance company I don't want any part of suing Steve who has been my best friend for 40 years. In fact he told me that he'll cover anything that the insurance doesn't cover. Even though I don't appear to need any more medical care I don't want to put that burden on him.

Incidentally, the CT scan revealed that I have a kidney stone but that might dissolve or become a problem down the road. I also have a tiny "nodule" or something in a lung. The doctor thinks it is probably scar tissue or the like but advises that I have another x-ray in a few months to see if it has grown.
                          Have your friend look at his insurance policy and tell you what his liability coverage is. It should be way more than $5,000. The insurance company might be trying to low-ball you and trick you into accepting a low amount up front. Don't sign anything until you get your doctor bills. And if you did sue, it would be the insurance company, not your friend.

Just looking at my policy the personal injury coverage is $300,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence.
                          Last edited by Sparko; 05-02-2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Have your friend look at his insurance policy and tell you what his liability coverage is. It should be way more than $5,000. The insurance company might be trying to low-ball you and trick you into accepting a low amount up front. Don't sign anything until you get your doctor bills. And if you did sue, it would be the insurance company, not your friend.

Just looking at my policy the personal injury coverage is $300,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence.
                            Found this:

Georgia law requires that all drivers must have at least the following required minimum auto insurance coverages for your vehicle:
                            • Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
                            • Property Damage Liability: $25,000 per accident
                            • Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury*: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
                            • Uninsured Motorist Property Damage*: $25,000 with a $250, $500, or $1000 deductible

*Uninsured Motorist coverages can be rejected.

Comment

Found this:

Georgia law requires that all drivers must have at least the following required minimum auto insurance coverages for your vehicle:
                              • Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
                              • Property Damage Liability: $25,000 per accident
                              • Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury*: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
                              • Uninsured Motorist Property Damage*: $25,000 with a $250, $500, or $1000 deductible

*Uninsured Motorist coverages can be rejected.
                              yeah so their $5000 offer is nonsense.

Comment