Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Ouch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell 'em YOU MEAN BUSINESS

M.jpg
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

We are required to carry uninsured motorist coverage. I also had added unins property damage which saved my bacon when someone backed into my front fender couple years ago.

More I read about medical coverage (it is a separate line item on mine) the more I suspect one choose how much you're willing to pay.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        We are required to carry uninsured motorist coverage. I also had added unins property damage which saved my bacon when someone backed into my front fender couple years ago.

More I read about medical coverage (it is a separate line item on mine) the more I suspect one choose how much you're willing to pay.
        Yeah there are different levels. But like rogue found out, there are also state limits on how low they can go. And most policies offer significantly over the state minimum at even their basic plans.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Found this:

Georgia law requires that all drivers must have at least the following required minimum auto insurance coverages for your vehicle:
          • Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
          • Property Damage Liability: $25,000 per accident
          • Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury*: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
          • Uninsured Motorist Property Damage*: $25,000 with a $250, $500, or $1000 deductible

*Uninsured Motorist coverages can be rejected.
          Yeah, they call quickly and try to get you to settle even before the bills come in. They did that to me when I was involved with an accident. Offerered me $10,000. Hospital bills alone were over $13,000, plus my car that was totaled (approx. worth of $4000), ambulance fee's were nearly $1000. Plus, I missed a week of work and was at that time a contract worker with no vacation to take. I went back and forth with them a couple of times and then threatened to get a lawyer involved, they eventually gave me a satisfactory settlement of $23,000.

ETA: My sister told me that a friend of hers was in an accident. She looked up the law and found out the max was $25,000 so when they called, she told them what the law was and said she would settle for the max if they write the check now. They paid her the $25,000...so
          Last edited by Littlejoe; 05-02-2019, 10:45 AM.
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            yeah so their $5000 offer is nonsense.
            "Nonsense" is not the word I would use.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              Yeah, they call quickly and try to get you to settle even before the bills come in. They did that to me when I was involved with an accident. Offerered me $10,000. Hospital bills alone were over $13,000, plus my car that was totaled (approx. worth of $4000), ambulance fee's were nearly $1000. Plus, I missed a week of work and was at that time a contract worker with no vacation to take. I went back and forth with them a couple of times and then threatened to get a lawyer involved, they eventually gave me a satisfactory settlement of $23,000.

ETA: My sister told me that a friend of hers was in an accident. She looked up the law and found out the max was $25,000 so when they called, she told them what the law was and said she would settle for the max if they write the check now. They paid her the $25,000...so
              There is no legal max. Just whatever the person's max is on their policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                There is no legal max. Just whatever the person's max is on their policy.
                Yes, you're right, legal minimum is the correct term, but the max on the policy. It can't be below the legal minimum. Sorry I messed that up...she asked for the state minimum that this person had as their liability.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

"Nonsense" is not the word I would use.
                  and if they know you are friends with the policy holder don't let them threaten you with raising your friend's premiums if you ask for more. They will probably do that regardless and he should shop for a different insurance company anyway.

and even though your health insurance will probably be covering most of your expenses anyway, I would hold the insurance company to the total amount billed, not just paid by you. Your insurance company might want to be reimbursed and if they just pay you your costs, then your own insurance company could get involved and it could be a big mess. Actually you probably should talk to your health insurance and ask them about it. They might sue the auto insurance company separately for their portion.

A lawyer might not be a bad idea either if you know one who will give you cheap advice.

Comment

How are you feeling, rogue-y?

Other than the insurance mess pain, I mean.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      How are you feeling, rogue-y?

Other than the insurance mess pain, I mean.
                      Woke up stiffer than I was yesterday but that could be due to sleeping funny.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Woke up stiffer than I was yesterday but that could be due to sleeping funny.
                        You should quit doing that, then.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah sometimes soft tissue injuries take a few days to manifest. Like the stories you hear about whiplash, where they were fine after the accident but then couldn't move a few days later. Make sure if anything serious might be going on (headaches, neck ache) you get it checked out so it is documented if need be.

Comment

I just noticed that the name on my doctor's note from the hospital was for a "Frisco Frisco" who was born April 29, 1919

Comment

I just noticed that the name on my doctor's note from the hospital was for a "Frisco Frisco" who was born April 29, 1919
                              Well he definitely shouldn't be going to work. He should have retired a long time ago.

Comment

If all the bills go to him then everything is moot.

Comment