Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Authorities To Arrest Canadian Father If He Refers To Trans Child As Her Real Sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    The same right that gives them the ability to give a girl an abortion without informing her parents. No right at all, except what they take from the parents.
    one more check mark against socialized medicine.

At least here in the USA any medical procedures or treatments have to be approved by a parent until I think they are 16.

I think it should be at least 18 or as long as they are on the parent's medical insurance.

Comment

Oh, and you know, of course, that I can't take Kasha to the doctor for an antibiotic while she's in my care, or to the hospital for emergency help while she's in my care, WITHOUT HER PARENT'S WRITTEN PERMISSION.
      So how did the school do this to this 12 year old girl without her parent's permission?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        So how did the school do this to this 12 year old girl without her parent's permission?
        Because the government said so. I have no other answer.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Because the government said so. I have no other answer.
          Yeah but if you can't even get your own grandaughter a shot without her parent's permission, it would seem that the school (or whoever runs the Gay-Straight Alliance) shouldn't be able to either, legally. Maybe he can sue them

And what the heck is a Gay-Straight Alliance? From the description in the story, it sounds like nothing less than a recruiting tool to turn straight people gay. That should be illegal too. I bet if they set up a club to try to turn gay people straight they would claim it was brainwashing and child abuse and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Yeah but if you can't even get your own grandaughter a shot without her parent's permission, it would seem that the school (or whoever runs the Gay-Straight Alliance) shouldn't be able to either, legally. Maybe he can sue them

And what the heck is a Gay-Straight Alliance? From the description in the story, it sounds like nothing less than a recruiting tool to turn straight people gay. That should be illegal too. I bet if they set up a club to try to turn gay people straight they would claim it was brainwashing and child abuse and all that.

It is "supposed" to be a club where straight kids and gay kids can get along without bullying, etc. But it appears, in fact, to be exactly what you think it is.

I have no clue how the school in the story managed to circumvent the law to actually be able to start the child into transition. Of course, the doctors in the province are under the same stricture as the schools to not notify parents of these things. That's why a 14 year old can get an abortion without her parents knowing about it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yup. We may as well let them play in traffic and play with fire and grab the pot of boiling water off the stove.
              Exactly!! taking life altering hormones that early is very dangerous. Its dangerous at any stage but that early is horrible. And further more arresting a father is awful.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment