Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Victory for Female Athletes Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Sanity...

Transgender weightlifter stripped of women's titles after drug test confirms male gender

https://www.theblaze.com/news/transg...itles-stripped
    yep. To compete as a female, you need to be ... a female. Who knew?

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      yep. To compete as a female, you need to be ... a female. Who knew?

Jim
      Obviously not every one...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Do you have any stats on that? It just seems that the men to women are just in the news more, mostly because of celebrities like Bruce Jenner and because of women sports events being taken over by transgenders.
        Well, the Wikipedia article gives some stats:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexual#Prevalence

Yeah, I know, Wikipedia, but in that part of the article it's just listing what various studies have found. Although the how much more common male-to-females are varies, all of them indicate them as being more common.

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aab2.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: Grizzly Bear Shatters All Pro Wrestling Records After Identifying As Human

STAMFORD, CT—The pro wrestling world was rocked last week when a new challenger arrived on the WWE circuit weighing in at 890 pounds, possessing 10-inch claws, and the strength to crush bones into gelatin. “He calls himself ‘the Grizzly’ and he is unlike any other wrestler anyone in the WWE has ever come up against,” said wrestler Seth Rollins from his hospital bed after a brief run-in with the massive opponent. What makes the Grizzly so unique? He is a trans-grizzly bear; the man recently decided to identify as human after being born an Alaskan grizzly bear. Along with his new identity, he has embraced his dream of becoming a champion human pro wrestler.

“The Grizzly has stated that his preferred pronouns are he/him/human and so we are going to respect that,” said A.J. Styles, wincing in pain as doctors attempted to realign his spine — another victim of the Grizzly’s punishment.

The Grizzly has torn apart his competition, sometimes literally. There are few remaining wrestlers left who are even willing to attempt a match against him. “He’ll be our star wrestler by, oh I’d say around seven thirty tonight when he gets the championship belt,” said WWE owner Vince McMahon.

“It’s really inspiring to see someone embrace their true self and find victory, not only in the sport they love, but over their own issues with identity,” said wrestler Randy Orton just before going in to have both of his shattered legs amputated. “Good on him."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's what Rush Limbaugh calls "illustrating truth with absurdity".
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

One "progressive" Christian blogger (whom I will not give the light of day) is responding to this by stating that all sports are simply bad and the "gladiatorial games, toned down somewhat".

Yes, because running track and field or playing baseball is totally equivalent to being forced to fight to the near-death
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  One "progressive" Christian blogger (whom I will not give the light of day) is responding to this by stating that all sports are simply bad and the "gladiatorial games, toned down somewhat".

Yes, because running track and field or playing baseball is totally equivalent to being forced to fight to the near-death
                  If sports are such an evil, then how would this blogger explain the Apostle Paul's fondness for sports metaphors?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    If sports are such an evil, then how would this blogger explain the Apostle Paul's fondness for sports metaphors?
                    And he said that physical training is of some value.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                      She isn't being punished, she's being held to the same standards that other women who want to compete in sports. Why do you think it's a bad regulation?
                      No, those "standards" are arbitrary and a dumb way of going about that sport. She's a natural cis woman, born one, she has double X chromosomes, etc... and yet she's barred from playing in the sports because she has more testosterone than what is typical for her peers? If we were consistent then there's more than one of the genetic freaks on bicycles or in running sports in the male department that would be thrown out for having twice as much of this or that biological parameter as is typical. There is no "natural testosterone" level for women, nor are there for men. There will always be outliers. This is natural. In fact that's always been part of these sports.

If you want to make a law that excludes transgendered people, then make a law that does that in an overt fashion, not this silly diddling about with it.

All this is is a silly arbitrary law, meant to ban transgender people without actually saying 'we're banning trangender people'

Its meaningless, so I have no doubt it'll get struct down in a not too distant future and a different kind of precedent will be said.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]37226[/ATTACH]
                        Where can verification of this be found?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          Where can verification of this be found?
                          I found this.... House passed, unlikely Senate will.

The Democratically controlled House of Representatives voted Friday 236-173 in favor of the Equality Act, which would require schools to include male athletes who identify as transgender girls on female sports teams.

Eight Republicans crossed party lines to vote for the bill, which had unanimous Democratic support.

Among other things, that would force public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males who identify as transgender girls.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Checked - can't say which of the reports are considered reliable, but there are a number of sources. 227 Democrats voted for with 7 making themselves scarce at the time of the vote. 234 Democrats + 2 Republicans voting for ... 236 Democrats + 8 Republicans voting for.

The actual numbers vary depending on who does the reporting, but the basic information is uniform.

Two different dates April 11 (unfamiliar terminology - preliminary?) "co-sponsoring the bill" ... May 17/18 reports of the vote being taken. May 20 (cross linking to New York Times ... paywall)
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              No, those "standards" are arbitrary and a dumb way of going about that sport. She's a natural cis woman, born one, she has double X chromosomes, etc... and yet she's barred from playing in the sports because she has more testosterone than what is typical for her peers? If we were consistent then there's more than one of the genetic freaks on bicycles or in running sports in the male department that would be thrown out for having twice as much of this or that biological parameter as is typical. There is no "natural testosterone" level for women, nor are there for men. There will always be outliers. This is natural. In fact that's always been part of these sports.

If you want to make a law that excludes transgendered people, then make a law that does that in an overt fashion, not this silly diddling about with it.

All this is is a silly arbitrary law, meant to ban transgender people without actually saying 'we're banning trangender people'

Its meaningless, so I have no doubt it'll get struct down in a not too distant future and a different kind of precedent will be said.
                              I agree with you here. Just ban transgendered men from competing in women's sports. It is obviously unfair to women. They can have their own league if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I agree with you here. Just ban transgendered men from competing in women's sports. It is obviously unfair to women. They can have their own league if they want.
                                The problem is the intersex. What objective standard exists to determine which gender they get counted as for sports?

Comment