Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Victory for Female Athletes Everywhere

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Well your body is male whether that is what you want to be or not. Get over it!

Jim
    More transphobia, so sad...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I do not know why the concept is so difficult to grasp for some. but some people can't accept who they are and they want the rest of the world to adjust and acknowledge they are what they want to be, regardless of whether or not that is a fantasy or reality. This aspect of the LBGTQ movement (TQ) is just bonkers to me. And it seems contrary to the mantra - accept me for who I am. Well your body is male whether that is what you want to be or not. Get over it!

Jim
    exactly. They can call themselves a female if they wish, and live that way, but the fact is, they have a physical advantage from growing up male that no surgery or hormone therapy will change. To allow them to compete in a women's only sport defeats the purpose of having a female only sport, which is to allow females who are biologically weaker than males to compete in the same sports at the same levels professionally.

We don't see any transmen (women who have transitioned into men) playing in men's sports do we? Because they know they would fail unless they were unusually large and strong as a woman before they transitioned.

3. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We do not tolerate athletes that take hormones to alter their natual physical state. That is called doping.

And we do not care why the doping infraction occurs. Just ask any of the suspended cyclists found to have doped even though the doping chemical was prescrbed for medical reasons, not enhanced performance.
    Aren't you allowed to take steroids or other similar drugs if they're for a medical reason? I was under the impression you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    We don't see any transmen (women who have transitioned into men) playing in men's sports do we? Because they know they would fail unless they were unusually large and strong as a woman before they transitioned.
    In fairness, there seem to be considerably more male-to-female transgenders than there are female-to-male transgenders.
    Last edited by Terraceth; 05-06-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Aren't you allowed to take steroids or other similar drugs if they're for a medical reason? I was under the impression you could.

In fairness, there seem to be considerably more male-to-female transgenders than there are female-to-male transgenders.
    Do you have any stats on that? It just seems that the men to women are just in the news more, mostly because of celebrities like Bruce Jenner and because of women sports events being taken over by transgenders.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    There are therapeutic use exceptions, but the amount of the drug is limited to that which can't be expected to alter the natural performance capabilities of the athlete when they are otherwise healthy. the sort of hormone therapy required to change a man into a faux-woman would be way beyond any reasonable therapeutic value. Literally, they are doing to their bodies what people that drug dope do to there bodies: trying to change their performance characteristics into that which is unnatural and impossible without the drugs.

In fairness, there seem to be considerably more male-to-female transgenders than there are female[-to-male transgenders.
    Exactly. No safe amount of testosterone(or whatever the hormone cocktail is) is going to make a female athlete capable of competing in Male sports,especially at the collegiate or professional level. Likewise, and even more obviously so, no safe amount of estrogen(or whatever the hormone cocktail is) is going to reduce a male athlete to what he would be had he been born female, to the point he can compete w/o unfair advantage in female collegiate or professional sports.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-07-2019 at 06:30 AM.
    OK - maybe there are 'some' friends

7. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    More transphobia, so sad...
    phobia isn't the correct word. I can be annoyed, disgusted, repulsed, appalled, or simply indifferent to something without being 'afraid' of it. To automatically translate disgust, revulsion, or a host of other negative reactions into 'fear' is itself part of the absurdity that dominates this topic (i.e. the 'trans' element where it involves people born with a clear and single biological sex)

Jim
    OK - maybe there are 'some' friends

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    phobia isn't the correct word. I can be annoyed, disgusted, repulsed, appalled, or simply indifferent to something without being 'afraid' of it. To automatically translate disgust, revulsion, or a host of other negative reactions into 'fear' is itself part of the absurdity that dominates this topic (i.e. the 'trans' element where it involves people born with a clear and single biological sex)

Jim
    I know, I was just busting you...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I personally think its nonsense to punish a woman like that, the requirements are worded in a very poor way. This isn't a victory, this is just bad regulation that's going to be thrown out down the road.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I personally think its nonsense to punish a woman like that, the requirements are worded in a very poor way. This isn't a victory, this is just bad regulation that's going to be thrown out down the road.
    She isn't being punished, she's being held to the same standards that other women who want to compete in sports. Why do you think it's a bad regulation?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sanity...

Transgender weightlifter stripped of women's titles after drug test confirms male gender

https://www.theblaze.com/news/transg...itles-stripped

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.