Thread: A Victory for Female Athletes Everywhere

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Sanity...

Transgender weightlifter stripped of women's titles after drug test confirms male gender

https://www.theblaze.com/news/transg...itles-stripped
    yep. To compete as a female, you need to be ... a female. Who knew?

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    yep. To compete as a female, you need to be ... a female. Who knew?

Jim
    Obviously not every one...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Do you have any stats on that? It just seems that the men to women are just in the news more, mostly because of celebrities like Bruce Jenner and because of women sports events being taken over by transgenders.
    Well, the Wikipedia article gives some stats:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexual#Prevalence

Yeah, I know, Wikipedia, but in that part of the article it's just listing what various studies have found. Although the how much more common male-to-females are varies, all of them indicate them as being more common.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Source: Grizzly Bear Shatters All Pro Wrestling Records After Identifying As Human

STAMFORD, CT—The pro wrestling world was rocked last week when a new challenger arrived on the WWE circuit weighing in at 890 pounds, possessing 10-inch claws, and the strength to crush bones into gelatin. “He calls himself ‘the Grizzly’ and he is unlike any other wrestler anyone in the WWE has ever come up against,” said wrestler Seth Rollins from his hospital bed after a brief run-in with the massive opponent. What makes the Grizzly so unique? He is a trans-grizzly bear; the man recently decided to identify as human after being born an Alaskan grizzly bear. Along with his new identity, he has embraced his dream of becoming a champion human pro wrestler.

“The Grizzly has stated that his preferred pronouns are he/him/human and so we are going to respect that,” said A.J. Styles, wincing in pain as doctors attempted to realign his spine — another victim of the Grizzly’s punishment.

The Grizzly has torn apart his competition, sometimes literally. There are few remaining wrestlers left who are even willing to attempt a match against him. “He’ll be our star wrestler by, oh I’d say around seven thirty tonight when he gets the championship belt,” said WWE owner Vince McMahon.

“It’s really inspiring to see someone embrace their true self and find victory, not only in the sport they love, but over their own issues with identity,” said wrestler Randy Orton just before going in to have both of his shattered legs amputated. “Good on him."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

6. Amen Chrawnus, seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's what Rush Limbaugh calls "illustrating truth with absurdity".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One "progressive" Christian blogger (whom I will not give the light of day) is responding to this by stating that all sports are simply bad and the "gladiatorial games, toned down somewhat".

Yes, because running track and field or playing baseball is totally equivalent to being forced to fight to the near-death
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    One "progressive" Christian blogger (whom I will not give the light of day) is responding to this by stating that all sports are simply bad and the "gladiatorial games, toned down somewhat".

Yes, because running track and field or playing baseball is totally equivalent to being forced to fight to the near-death
    If sports are such an evil, then how would this blogger explain the Apostle Paul's fondness for sports metaphors?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If sports are such an evil, then how would this blogger explain the Apostle Paul's fondness for sports metaphors?
    And he said that physical training is of some value.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaC View Post
    She isn't being punished, she's being held to the same standards that other women who want to compete in sports. Why do you think it's a bad regulation?
    No, those "standards" are arbitrary and a dumb way of going about that sport. She's a natural cis woman, born one, she has double X chromosomes, etc... and yet she's barred from playing in the sports because she has more testosterone than what is typical for her peers? If we were consistent then there's more than one of the genetic freaks on bicycles or in running sports in the male department that would be thrown out for having twice as much of this or that biological parameter as is typical. There is no "natural testosterone" level for women, nor are there for men. There will always be outliers. This is natural. In fact that's always been part of these sports.

If you want to make a law that excludes transgendered people, then make a law that does that in an overt fashion, not this silly diddling about with it.

All this is is a silly arbitrary law, meant to ban transgender people without actually saying 'we're banning trangender people'

Its meaningless, so I have no doubt it'll get struct down in a not too distant future and a different kind of precedent will be said.