Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Slight Substitutes for Truth being used to Ensure Success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Slight Substitutes for Truth being used to Ensure Success?

In honor of the 500th anniversary of the start of the Reformation, I worked to gather 95 ideas that I believe may be true about Christianity and society today that are not commonly held. They are not related to any particular denomination, but do have strong focus on individual freedom and responsibility (in addition to, not instead of, supporting a good society). Once the theses started to take shape, the leading theme that seemed to emerge, if the theses are true, was that many of our concepts and practices may have been changed slightly to allow for less commitment from the individual and more control by society in order to ensure success.

So, what I would like to debate is the following:

In order to be successful, are we trading in the hard truths and related risks for slightly changed marketing in order to seemingly be more successful? There are many examples in the theses, some of which may be controversial, and some might be considered heretical from some perspectives, but here is one example to start the conversation:
    1. When our Lord and Master Jesus Christ said, "Take up your cross daily'', his followers understood that he willed their entire life to be one of daily sacrifice, potential social ostracism and willingness to accept death for doing right and following truth.

4. The willingness to be killed for doing what is right, true and virtuous is the true meaning of being a “follower” of Jesus. ...and is the true meaning symbolized in baptism and the cup of communion.

If those propositions are true, we seem to either deny or downplay that concept and instead market the social, psychological and "Heaven" benefits of becoming a Christian. Obviously, Christian marketing would be severely impacted if those concepts were held to be true and communicated to potential converts.

Am I just seeing a reflection of my own bent towards liberty over social planning/control (I have lived in middle class suburbs and in the country rather than in cities)? Or have Christian and social concepts been changed over time to better ensure the success of groups by giving leaders additional social control and reducing the responsibility of individuals?
    Attached Files

The 95 Theses are man's ideas and you are basically voting on what is true or not because you said, "I worked to gather 95 ideas that I believe may be true about Christianity..." Truth is not voted on. Truth is either true or its not but its subjective when you vote on it.

Jesus said: Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.-Matthew 24:35
    https://biblehub.com/matthew/24-35.htm

Your views, your opinions, your votes are here and then you will be in the grave one day. God's kingdom is eternal, everlasting and the only opinion in the future will be God's because when you and man are judged, the only opinion that counts will be God.
    God says his words shall not pass away. Every one else's words will pass away.

Liberal Christianity is dead. No one believes that stuff anymore.

I was driving over a bridge looking at the city. I saw a building on a pier and asked God to give it to me. What right do I have to a building not mine? None. I didn't sweat to build it. I didn't earn it. Right? Who am I to take possession of something not mine? No one, right?
    God's going to interrupt human history. God is going to take back the title deed of the earth. Who is God that He can get away with such a thing? There is going to be a new heaven and a new earth because the earth is going to pass away. Who is God to do something like that?

God doesn't allow any sin into his house. The only opinions in the future will be God's.
    God has the power to do it and God will do it because He promised it in His time.

People ridicule me because I study doctrine and even some Christians feel they are above doctrine. God's words are the only opinions in the next life that won't pass away. They are basically the only opinions that have value which is why I place an emphasis on studying it. I wish to respect everyone but no other opinions matter. Only God's words have value. Period. The End. No need for further discussions.

A lot of people with different opinions know better after they are judged and enter hell.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X