Thread: Prominent Religious Events - Interactive Timeline

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Prominent Religious Events - Interactive Timeline

This is REALLY neat... I've been wanting some kind of timeline to help me visualize when things of a religious nature occurred -- like when the Mormon Church was organized, for example, compared to when the Southern Baptist Church was founded....

This is an interactive timeline where you can really drill down into those events, and see them in an interactive format.

timeline.jpg
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's neat. made thread a sticky.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    That's neat. made thread a sticky.
    There's an incredible amount of information there! I'm having fun just browsing through it, looking at what "spot in time" certain preachers or evangelists were prominent....
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

Faith
    XPian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is REALLY neat... I've been wanting some kind of timeline to help me visualize when things of a religious nature occurred -- li>ke when the Mormon Church was organized, for example, compared to when the Southern Baptist Church was founded....

This is an interactive timeline where you can really drill down into those events, and see them in an interactive format.

timeline.jpg
    US only, I see. Thatís a shame. Though it does look very useful. Sydney Ahlstromís history of US religion begins in 1492, which has the advantage of covering the colonial period in some detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Reli...merican_People
    Last edited by Rushing Jaws; 11-24-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
    US only, I see. Thatís a shame. Though it does look very useful. Sydney Ahlstromís history of US religion begins in 1492, which has the advantage of covering the colonial period in some detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Reli...merican_People
    I think there were links to other similar timelines, no? Been a while since I looked at that one.