Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

400+ prosecutors sign a letter noting POTUS absent DOJ policy not to indict POTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    This is not the case.

Mueller was sufficiently concerned to write to Barr the day after Barr’s four-page letter: “The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this office’s work and conclusions,” In short it was misleading. He went on: “There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

Mueller could not have been clearer in his "snitty" letter to Barr....as Barr described it.
    Yet Mueller did emphasize that Barr's summary "was neither inaccurate or misleading." Those were his own words. So what you essentially have is a disagreement over style.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Yet Mueller did emphasize that Barr's summary "was neither inaccurate or misleading." Those were his own words. So what you essentially have is a disagreement over style.
      Barr's summary was nevertheless sufficiently "misleading" for Mueller to request that Barr release the introductions and executive summaries from his report on Russia's election interference. "Release at this time would alleviate the misunderstandings that have arisen and would answer congressional and public questions about the nature and outcome of our investigation," Mueller wrote, according to the Washington Post.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        Per dirty-cop Mueller:

“The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this Office's work and conclusions... ....There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations."
        "In a cordial and professional [phone] conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...as-inaccurate/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          "In a cordial and professional [phone] conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis."

What I see happening here MM is that your answers are selective quotes that are partially or fully contradicted by other quotes of the same person or other data. The fact there is such a condition means that to honestly deal with what is going on, you cant just pick and chose that which fits the reality you would prefer exists.

Jim
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-09-2019, 06:36 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Perhaps you could trouble yourself to substantiate your claims. Or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Seriously?
              No, of course not.
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

At least one example right in front of your eyes. The quotes in quacamoles post carry with them a very different characterization of Barrs summary tgan the quote you used in response to it. Holding one out over the other as if one has meaning and the other does not is a mischaracterization of the situation. Both must be weighed together to deal fairly with the true picture of what mueller is saying about the Barr summary.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So Mueller's own public words versus Barr's interpretation of what Mueller said in a private conversation. Shaking my head...
                  "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                  Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

So Mueller's own public words versus Barr's interpretation of what Mueller said in a private conversation. Shaking my head...
                    Even better, Barr has witnesses to the phone call and contemporaneous notes, so Mueller can't deny that he said it.

Comment

Even better, Barr has witnesses to the phone call and contemporaneous notes, so Mueller can't deny that he said it.
                      The may well both be valid quotes. But they are contradictory, so there is more to the story than what either quote implies alone, out of the context of the other.

Jim

Comment

Great. Let's have it then.
                        Save me, save me"

Comment

At least one example right in front of your eyes. The quotes in quacamoles post carry with them a very different characterization of Barrs summary tgan the quote you used in response to it.
                          No they don't. Mueller was not happy Barr's summary didn't include the disdain for Trump that some on Mueller's team displayed. The ACTUAL results of Mueller's report and Barr's summary are identical.

Holding one out over the other as if one has meaning and the other does not is a mischaracterization of the situation. Both must be weighed together to deal fairly with the true picture of what mueller is saying about the Barr summary.
                          It's been stated over and over. Mueller was concerned that the press was misrepresenting his findings, and Barr's summary wasn't doing quite enough to preemptively cut that off.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Great. Let's have it then.
                            For what purpose? Mueller will testify in a few days. Again, the Democrats are WAAAYYY overstepping their legal rights to information. And now they foolishly are trying to hold Barr in contempt of Congress for not providing information he is not legally allowed to give. It's a circus now, thanks to the Dems and their stooges at CNN...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              It's been stated over and over. Mueller was concerned that the press was misrepresenting his findings, and Barr's summary wasn't doing quite enough to preemptively cut that off.
                              Something being stated over and over that statement being true are two different things. Where exactly does Mueller say that he was concerned that, specifically, the press was misrepresenting his findings?
                              Save me, save me"

Comment

The may well both be valid quotes. But they are contradictory...
                                Actually, they're not.

"...did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this Office's work and conclusions..."

"...neither inaccurate nor misleading..."

There is no contradiction between these statements.

What it really sounds like is that the dirty cop and his goon squad were not happy with Barr's "just the facts" summary that didn't try to imply that Trump was guilty despite lacking the evidence to charge him.

Comment