Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The strange greatness of Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Awww, shucks - I'm flattered! (though it wasn't actually a quote)
    True, it’s more of a catch phrase.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      True, it’s more of a catch phrase.
      I never heard my Dad say a swear word in my entire life, and he lived to be 95. He had "fake swear words", one of which was "horsie poo". My only swear words are justified biblically or farm/ranchilly. Jackass, and ass (used in the proper sense) are pretty much my limit. Oh, and jackassery when I'm being cantankerous.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• The Netherlands win.
        UK is last.
        Last edited by firstfloor; 05-18-2019, 06:12 PM.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

The Netherlands win.
          I didn't realize they were competing.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I didn't realize they were competing.
            Eurovision is quite a big event, this year from Tel Aviv.

Comment

Eurovision is quite a big event, this year from Tel Aviv.
              Ah - Tell Kate I was rooting for her.

Comment

• NY Times, Russian money laundering, by the First son-in-law. Of course, as expected. Early days yet, but the net is closing in. Caught in the net are the infamous Christian Right.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                  NY Times, Russian money laundering, by the First son-in-law. Of course, as expected. Early days yet, but the net is closing in. Caught in the net are the infamous Christian Right.
                  Another "sources say" story? The new slogan of The New York Times: "All the news that's fit to fake."

I just checked the Times' website and see nothing about Kushner, or Russia, or money laundering. There's not even an article on Breitbart debunking it. Nothing on Drudge, either, so I have no idea what you're referring to.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I just had a brilliant idea!!!!

All Trump has to do is 'come out' as gay, and Tassman will defend him to his death!!!!

Comment

I just had a brilliant idea!!!!

All Trump has to do is 'come out' as gay, and Tassman will defend him to his death!!!!
                      Yeah but why would he want Tassman's support?

I was watching the news this weekend and they kept talking about the democrats trying to impeach Trump. I was thinking, this might be their strategy to steal the 2020 election: They could impeach Trump at the last minute and that would effectively prevent him from running again, and there would be no good Republican candidates left with any time to campaign, leaving the election wide open for the democrats. So they might delay any impeachment as long as they can then hit him with it at the last minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Yeah but why would he want Tassman's support?

I was watching the news this weekend and they kept talking about the democrats trying to impeach Trump. I was thinking, this might be their strategy to steal the 2020 election: They could impeach Trump at the last minute and that would effectively prevent him from running again, and there would be no good Republican candidates left with any time to campaign, leaving the election wide open for the democrats. So they might delay any impeachment as long as they can then hit him with it at the last minute.
                        Why would impeachment prevent Trump from running again?

Comment

Why would impeachment prevent Trump from running again?
                          I figure it is tantamount to an being indicted for a crime and the congress saying he is not worthy to be President.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I figure it is tantamount to an being indicted for a crime and the congress saying he is not worthy to be President.
                            Yeah, but that would only be the Democrat controlled House, so I think it would fire up Trump's base and work FOR him, rather than against him. I think that's why Pelosi is trying to resist impeachment.

Pelosi clashes with fellow Dems in closed-door debate on impeachment

"House Democratic leaders sparred internally on Monday over whether to begin an impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump, with Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her allies rejecting the call to move forward for now, according to multiple sources."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Another "sources say" story? The new slogan of The New York Times: "All the news that's fit to fake."

I just checked the Times' website and see nothing about Kushner, or Russia, or money laundering. There's not even an article on Breitbart debunking it. Nothing on Drudge, either, so I have no idea what you're referring to.
                              Yes, well, you’re a little bit strange yourself. I, unlike you, can see through the headlines;
                              Deutsche Bank staff flagged Trump, Kushner transactions for watchdog: NYTimes
                              and so on.

Comment

• I searched the Times' front page for Kushner, and there's nothing about this story. Must not be a big deal.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment