Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The strange greatness of Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Yes.
    I think this captures the essence of your post.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I think this captures the essence of your post.
      Your post is dishonest. You have placed words I did not say in a box that explicitly says "Originally posted by carpedm9587." I expected better of you than to post lies.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Your post is dishonest. You have placed words I did not say in a box that explicitly says "Originally posted by carpedm9587." I expected better of you than to post lies.
        This post confirms that I was correct in my estimation. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure most people with a basic grasp of English understand that I was paraphrasing you. You take yourself way too seriously.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm pretty sure most people with a basic grasp of English understand that I was paraphrasing you. You take yourself way too seriously.sanctimoniously
          There. FIFY.

Comment

I'm pretty sure most people with a basic grasp of English understand that I was paraphrasing you. You take yourself way too seriously.
            A lie is a lie - and putting words in someone's mouth that you want them to say is not "paraphrasing."

Do with that what you wish. I'll leave the last word to you. Based on previous posts, I think I'm safe predicting it will be more self-justification.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

A lie is a lie - and putting words in someone's mouth that you want them to say is not "paraphrasing."

Do with that what you wish. I'll leave the last word to you. Based on previous posts, I think I'm safe predicting it will be more self-justification.
              I'm impressed that you managed to succinctly include mind-reading (if not outright misrepresentation, while complaining of exactly that - I TOLD you why I summarized your post) AND sanctimony in that teensy post. You should strive for brevity more often - it doesn't seem to cramp your style much.
              Last edited by One Bad Pig; 06-14-2019, 01:22 PM.

sigpic

Comment

based on previous posts I am safe predicting THAT is not true.

Comment

You come across as feeling rather stressed. Is life OK? Maybe arguing so much on TWeb isn't helpful??
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Things are building rapidly to war with Iran. The build-up started with US withdrawal from the nuclear deal and sanctions are having the desired effect.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Things are building rapidly to war with Iran. The build-up started with US withdrawal from the nuclear deal and sanctions are having the desired effect.
                      Iran will typically 'act out' when their own economy or society is in collapse - "hey, look over THERE!!!!"

We've seen this before. Remain calm and stay tuned.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Trump continues to run the table on the trade war as billionaires start to pull their money out of the high risk zone that China has become.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...na-fist-looms/
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Meanwhile, Trump continues to run the table on the trade war as billionaires start to pull their money out of the high risk zone that China has become.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...na-fist-looms/
                          On Shark Tank (which I used to watch frequently) one of the pieces of advice the "sharks" frequently gave the entrepreneurs was "you have to take production to China".... That may not be so wise anymore.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                            You come across as feeling rather stressed. Is life OK? Maybe arguing so much on TWeb isn't helpful??
                            Nah...I'm fine. Enjoying a nice cup of coffee and getting ready to mow my lawn!

But thanks for the concern.
                            Last edited by carpedm9587; 06-15-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              On Shark Tank (which I used to watch frequently) one of the pieces of advice the "sharks" frequently gave the entrepreneurs was "you have to take production to China".... That may not be so wise anymore.
                              It was never wise.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment