Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 539

Thread: The strange greatness of Donald Trump

  1. #481
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    852
    All so obvious, once it has been pointed out.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  2. #482
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,460
    Amen (Given)
    1500
    Amen (Received)
    3151
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I have no idea what that sentence means, so I have no way to respond. Can you clarify?



    I'll leave this to you.
    Not all groups liberals are trying to protect from the majority are intrinsic characteristics and modern liberal ideology with the idea you can merely identify as whatever group you want kind of defeats this principle.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  3. #483
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,706
    Amen (Given)
    26
    Amen (Received)
    1106
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Not all groups liberals are trying to protect from the majority are intrinsic characteristics and modern liberal ideology with the idea you can merely identify as whatever group you want kind of defeats this principle.
    Well - we can identify with whatever group we want in many domains - the Elks, the Boy Scouts, religions, etc. And then there are groups were are simply part of - races, ethnicities, age, genus species, etc. I'm going to assume your reference, however, is to gender (given the recent focus on the T in LGBTQ. There things become muddied. I don't think we simply randomly choose our gender. But I do now that the human person is a complex organism combining mind (sentience) and body. We don't know a great deal about the mind, but we do know that there is some degree of gender-based dimorphism between the male and female brains. We certainly have instances of the body itself being intersex, with a confusing combination of male and female physical traits. So it does not seem to me to be a stretch that the brain can also have this blend. If this is all true, then why is it not possible that a brain that has predominantly female traits can sometimes be in a body with predominantly male ones, or the reverse.

    Bottom line, I try not to tell people who and what they are, and let them tell me instead. Whoever and whatever they are, I believe we are all equal under the law, and equal in value as human persons, and should be treated as such. On this topic, I definitely lean towards "those nasty liberals."
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

  4. #484
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,940
    Amen (Given)
    4999
    Amen (Received)
    22170
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Obviously you're blowing smoke, or you wouldn't have a problem identifying even one place where this has happened.

    Consider that the last word
    I am just using your own tactics Carp. Whenever I ask you to support your claims you just say "I already answered that" and "you can have the last word" even though you never do.



    Although in this case I did already tell you why you don't know anything about the electoral college and government. Go find it.

  5. #485
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,706
    Amen (Given)
    26
    Amen (Received)
    1106
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I am just using your own tactics Carp. Whenever I ask you to support your claims you just say "I already answered that" and "you can have the last word" even though you never do.
    So I'm not sure what "never do" refers to. The "last word" or the "already answered." If the latter, I actually have about a 50% success rate in "last word" and actually doing it. You can check if you wish. But I acknowledge it could be better. If it's the former, I use "I already answered that" only after I have posted a response to the same item multiple times. They are easily found.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Although in this case I did already tell you why you don't know anything about the electoral college and government. Go find it.
    I have gone looking - twice now. What you claim is there does not exist, AFAICT. If anyone else can find it, please feel free to link it for me. Otherwise, I'm going to assume you're blowing smoke.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

  6. #486
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,940
    Amen (Given)
    4999
    Amen (Received)
    22170
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    So I'm not sure what "never do" refers to. The "last word" or the "already answered." If the latter, I actually have about a 50% success rate in "last word" and actually doing it. You can check if you wish. But I acknowledge it could be better. If it's the former, I use "I already answered that" only after I have posted a response to the same item multiple times. They are easily found.



    I have gone looking - twice now. What you claim is there does not exist, AFAICT. If anyone else can find it, please feel free to link it for me. Otherwise, I'm going to assume you're blowing smoke.
    You can believe what you want carp.

  7. #487
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,706
    Amen (Given)
    26
    Amen (Received)
    1106
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    You can believe what you want carp.
    I believe what the evidence shows me, Sparko. Always have. It's why I'm atheist. What the evidence shows me, right now, is a pattern of behavior. When challenged on something you cannot show, you (and a few others here) slip into these childish "I'm rubber you're glue" games. They are pretty obvious to anyone reading.

    I'll leave the last word on this topic to you. This is getting more than a little tedious, and I do not have the patience to wait for you to engage like an adult. I'm being trolled - and I should not have taken the bait.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

  8. #488
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,940
    Amen (Given)
    4999
    Amen (Received)
    22170
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I believe what the evidence shows me, Sparko. Always have. It's why I'm atheist. What the evidence shows me, right now, is a pattern of behavior. When challenged on something you cannot show, you (and a few others here) slip into these childish "I'm rubber you're glue" games. They are pretty obvious to anyone reading.

    I'll leave the last word on this topic to you. This is getting more than a little tedious, and I do not have the patience to wait for you to engage like an adult. I'm being trolled - and I should not have taken the bait.
    I guess you don't like being treated the way you treat others.

  9. #489
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,460
    Amen (Given)
    1500
    Amen (Received)
    3151
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Well - we can identify with whatever group we want in many domains - the Elks, the Boy Scouts, religions, etc. And then there are groups were are simply part of - races, ethnicities, age, genus species, etc. I'm going to assume your reference, however, is to gender (given the recent focus on the T in LGBTQ. There things become muddied. I don't think we simply randomly choose our gender. But I do now that the human person is a complex organism combining mind (sentience) and body. We don't know a great deal about the mind, but we do know that there is some degree of gender-based dimorphism between the male and female brains. We certainly have instances of the body itself being intersex, with a confusing combination of male and female physical traits. So it does not seem to me to be a stretch that the brain can also have this blend. If this is all true, then why is it not possible that a brain that has predominantly female traits can sometimes be in a body with predominantly male ones, or the reverse.

    Bottom line, I try not to tell people who and what they are, and let them tell me instead. Whoever and whatever they are, I believe we are all equal under the law, and equal in value as human persons, and should be treated as such. On this topic, I definitely lean towards "those nasty liberals."
    Thereís that pretzel logic I talk about where you try to argue for two different positions and donít see the contradiction between the two. Either thereís intrinsic characters that warrant protection from the majority or itís all a social construct that is totally meaningless. You canít have it both ways, so choose your poison.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  10. #490
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,706
    Amen (Given)
    26
    Amen (Received)
    1106
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Thereís that pretzel logic I talk about where you try to argue for two different positions and donít see the contradiction between the two.
    This appears to be the new "mantra" of the usual cabal. Repeating it over and over again doesn't actually make it true...

    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Either thereís intrinsic characters that warrant protection from the majority or itís all a social construct that is totally meaningless. You canít have it both ways, so choose your poison.
    You create a false dichotomy, so there is nothing to respond to. The world is not always as black/white as you would (apparently) like it to be. There are places where there are shades of gray we have to live with.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •