Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Scheduled Maintenance - 12/05/2019 4AM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Maintenance - 12/05/2019 4AM EST

I will be doing some work on the server.
    The server will be offline for this part.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

How long will the maintenance last?
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Is it possible to click that yellow strip away when we've read it, like we've done in the past with other warnings or notices?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Is it possible to click that yellow strip away when we've read it, like we've done in the past with other warnings or notices?
        it is now

Comment

December? Or is the date format just different?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Date format is day/mo/year
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              it is now
              Thank you, kind sir! Yellow makes me sad.

Comment

It's New Zealish dating.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Why do some some countries do the date as month/day/year and others do it as day/month/year?
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Why do some some countries do the date as month/day/year and others do it as day/month/year?
                    Because they are durned furriners!!!

Maybe it's metric dating.

Comment

America does things differently just to make it more confusing. I got used to "European" date and time (24-hour) formats because that's what is used in the military.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Because some countries haven't realized how stupid the month/day/year format is yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          Because some countries haven't realized how stupid the month/day/year format is yet.
                          If you're going to sort things chronologically, like digital filenames, it's best to use yyyyy/mm/dd format. And

Comment

If you're going to sort things chronologically, like digital filenames, it's best to use yyyyy/mm/dd format. And
                            What happened to the rest of my "And" statement?

Comment

That's an acceptable (perhaps even superior) format as well. This is more a case of me being opposed to the dumb "mm/dd/yyyy"-format than it is me being in support of the "dd/mm/yyyy"-format.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X