Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Scheduled Maintenance - 12/05/2019 4AM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Swedish???

Do you know this guy?

Wait... ARE you this guy Chrawnus?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Wait... ARE you this guy Chrawnus?
      No comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        No comment.
        Hurdy Purdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          "Saturday, 18th of May" would be a possible way to say it as well, wouldn't it? Or perhaps it sounds a bit too stilted to native ears?
          It's how I've always said it, and everyone I know says it like that (living in NZ and South Africa and working with Aussies)

When writing out the date fully (e.g. in a formal letter) I would write 10 May 2019.
          When dating files, I do the yyyy-mm-dd format as that's the only way to get it to sort logically.
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by LostSheep View Post
            How long will the maintenance last?
            I'm working on an hour. hoping it will all be smooth and take less time.
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
              It's how I've always said it, and everyone I know says it like that (living in NZ and South Africa and working with Aussies)

When writing out the date fully (e.g. in a formal letter) I would write 10 May 2019.
              When dating files, I do the yyyy-mm-dd format as that's the only way to get it to sort logically.
              That!!! And let the whole world fall in line!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Because my birthday is 13 May, I've adopted the American Military format of 13 May. Absolutely no confusion that way.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I can't resist saying this after reading the yellow bar headline at the top of the page...

TWeb is so going down.
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Being it's a yellow bar, and is naturally adverse to anything yellow, he probably hasn't seen the message --- even though he's posting in the thread

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Japan does year, month, day (wunnerful for keeping computer files in their proper order). America (and maybe Canada) use month, day, year. To the best of my knowledge, the most common sequence is day, month, year.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Being it's a yellow bar, and is naturally adverse to anything yellow, he probably hasn't seen the message --- even though he's posting in the thread
                          Umm.....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Is it possible to click that yellow strip away when we've read it, like we've done in the past with other warnings or notices?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Umm.....

My brave little soldier

Way to go brudder

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X