Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Andrew Yang, A Rational Democrat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Yang, A Rational Democrat?

An interesting watch...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

If he is rational, why is he a Democrat?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If he is rational, why is he a Democrat?
      He certainly is to the left, but he makes some good points, and is not a hair on fire leftist....
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I know a kid who's working on his campaign. He's taking a leave of absence from law school right now.

Yang advocates for universal basic income.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
          Yang advocates for universal basic income.
          Yes, and in the light of increasing automation, he makes a good case for it.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Yes, and in the light of increasing automation, he makes a good case for it.
            It was a case being put in the late 60s and early 70s ... as a "the time will come" proposition.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              It was a case being put in the late 60s and early 70s ... as a "the time will come" proposition.
              Perhaps the time has really come....

Comment

Just because the automobile put the horse and buggy companies out of business didn't mean we had to pay money to all of the unemployed buggy workers. They had to find new work, get training, or retire. Same when computers came along and replaced a lot of jobs. Same when automation replaces burger flippers with automated fast food restaurants. Technology always puts someone out of work but at the same time creates new jobs. Those left behind need to get training, not basic income.

Comment

One study I read said that about half of all current jobs are within threat of automation within 20 or 30 years. Technology has never changed to this extent before so this time really is. Yang is the only candidate who is even talking about this serious issue. Trump has even been on record praising automation.

That said he doesn't appear to really be a serious candidate so much as he is somebody using the candidate platform to call attention to the issue.
                  Last edited by KingsGambit; 05-11-2019, 09:37 AM.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    One study I read said that about half of all current jobs are within threat of automation within 20 or 30 years. Technology has never changed to this extent before so this time really is. Yang is the only candidate who is even talking about this serious issue. Trump has even been on record praising automation.

That said he doesn't appear to really be a serious candidate so much as he is somebody using the candidate platform to call attention to the issue.
                    Automation is going to a real problem... And I like the fact that he is intelligent and respectful, and willing to talk to the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Automation is going to a real problem... And I like the fact that he is intelligent and respectful, and willing to talk to the other side.
                      At the very least, high school seniors need to be taking it into effect when they decide whether to go to trade school or what they want to major in or whatever.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment