Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women and our Sex Drive

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by draw2much View Post
    There's a general belief that women aren't as interested in sex and that can cause a tension between a husband and wife.

So I have a couple of questions I want to ask you lady-folk. (I have my own responses to them, but I'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say.)
    1) Do you think it's true women have lower sex drives? If so, why?
    It can depend on several factors including the mid-40's when women's drives go up and men's go down.

2) Do you think men and women view sex differently? If so, do think these perspectives conflict with each other?
    Possibly so. Women tend to be more comfort oriented and men be more visual physical oriented. And it can. Especially in the realm of how a relationship is viewed.

3) Is it OK deny a husband's overtures for sex? If so, how often? (As an example: Would it be OK for a woman to only allow sex once a year? Once a month? Once a week?)
    Ummm yes it'd better be ok especially in the realm of sickness, pain, ill health, or something else.
    4) How important do you think sex is in a marriage?
    Important but not the most important factor
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sex? Why would you want to do that??? Though, I'm a virgin... so I wouldn't know anymore than the biological facts of reproduction.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    1) Do you think it's true women have lower sex drives? If so, why?

women have lower sex drives than men at times and higher at other times...however I think that the pill and other hormone disrupters that women take for all kinds of reasons are also to blame.

2) Do you think men and women view sex differently? If so, do think these perspectives conflict with each other?

I think it depends on how you were brought up, societal beliefs, religious beliefs all play apart as well as things like if you have been sexually assaulted, raped etc. I have met women with very high sex drives who would sleep with a different man every night and men who would never sleep with a women till marriage.

3) Is it OK deny a husband's overtures for sex? If so, how often? (As an example: Would it be OK for a woman to only allow sex once a year? Once a month? Once a week?)

I think this is something that needs to be discussed openly with your husband. My first marriage things like this were not discussed and I had no idea of my husbands needs. This time we have both been open, I have low needs and he has high so we have compromised.

4) How important do you think sex is in a marriage?

Sex is a very important part of marriage, it allows you to be closer to your partner and gives you something that you can not (should not) have outside that union. It is something that is between the two of you and some how draws you closer to one another in a unique way.