Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Women and our Sex Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women and our Sex Drive

There's a general belief that women aren't as interested in sex and that can cause a tension between a husband and wife.

So I have a couple of questions I want to ask you lady-folk. (I have my own responses to them, but I'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say.)

1) Do you think it's true women have lower sex drives? If so, why?

2) Do you think men and women view sex differently? If so, do think these perspectives conflict with each other?

3) Is it OK deny a husband's overtures for sex? If so, how often? (As an example: Would it be OK for a woman to only allow sex once a year? Once a month? Once a week?)

4) How important do you think sex is in a marriage?
    Last edited by draw2much; 05-12-2014, 03:52 AM.

EEK! Guy in the Sorority!!!!!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I moved it to Health Science. The OP's direction still remains in force. Women only from this point on.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by draw2much View Post
        There's a general belief that women aren't as interested in sex and that can cause a tension between a husband and wife.

So I have a couple of questions I want to ask you lady-folk. (I have my own responses to them, but I'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say.)

2) Do you think men and women view sex differently? If so, do think these perspectives conflict with each other?

3) Is it OK deny a husband's overtures for sex? If so, how often? (As an example: Would it be OK for a woman to only allow sex once a year? Once a month? Once a week?)

1) No.

2) Yes. Sometimes.

3) Yes. Depends.

4) Varies.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          EEK! Guy in the Sorority!!!!!

I'm not a guy! Seriously, I'm a woman! D:

Is this being moved because everyone thinks I'm a guy or because I put this in the wrong spot?

Comment

I'm not a guy! Seriously, I'm a woman! D:

Is this being moved because everyone thinks I'm a guy or because I put this in the wrong spot?
            If you'd like it moved back to the sorority, I can do that. Mea culpa.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Sorry, when you said 'lady-folk' it sounded like you weren't counting yourself. My bad.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                If you'd like it moved back to the sorority, I can do that. Mea culpa.
                Uh... well... I was hoping for women's replies so.. I mean... now I don't know. Maybe I'd get more replies here anyway?

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Sorry, when you said 'lady-folk' it sounded like you weren't counting yourself. My bad.
                Haha, you know what's funny? I originally wrote "girls" and thought afterward "Eh, but this is for women so..." and then I was gonna put "women" but changed my mind at the last minute to "lady-folk".

I'm hoping the avatar I have now will reduce future confusion.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Back to the Sorority!!
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It can depend on several factors including the mid-40's when women's drives go up and men's go down.

Possibly so. Women tend to be more comfort oriented and men be more visual physical oriented. And it can. Especially in the realm of how a relationship is viewed.

Ummm yes it'd better be ok especially in the realm of sickness, pain, ill health, or something else.
                      Important but not the most important factor
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sex? Why would you want to do that??? Though, I'm a virgin... so I wouldn't know anymore than the biological facts of reproduction.
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

women have lower sex drives than men at times and higher at other times...however I think that the pill and other hormone disrupters that women take for all kinds of reasons are also to blame.

I think it depends on how you were brought up, societal beliefs, religious beliefs all play apart as well as things like if you have been sexually assaulted, raped etc. I have met women with very high sex drives who would sleep with a different man every night and men who would never sleep with a women till marriage.

I think this is something that needs to be discussed openly with your husband. My first marriage things like this were not discussed and I had no idea of my husbands needs. This time we have both been open, I have low needs and he has high so we have compromised.

Sex is a very important part of marriage, it allows you to be closer to your partner and gives you something that you can not (should not) have outside that union. It is something that is between the two of you and some how draws you closer to one another in a unique way.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X