Thread: Ohio bill and ectopic pregnancies?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Ohio bill and ectopic pregnancies?

I have heard that Ohio's heartbeat bill effectively bans the treatment of ectopic pregnancies, which are fatal for women if untreated. I haven't been able to hear the pro-life side of this but I am rather concerned. Has anybody heard more?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'll try to look into it after Church - I would hope there are some exceptions, just like exceptions to abortion in the case of the mother's life being in actual danger. Maybe by that time, somebody else will have answered.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The embryo dies of prematurity. Undesired side effect of trying to save the mom.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    The embryo dies of prematurity. Undesired side effect of trying to save the mom.
    What I am hearing is that whoever wrote the law doesn't understand how they work, and pro choicers are having a field day over it.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They didn't put that it's acceptable to deliver early to save the mother? And if the baby tragically dies, it isn't the same as an abortion.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    What I am hearing is that whoever wrote the law doesn't understand how they work, and pro choicers are having a field day over it.
    Yeah, from the little that I've seen (otherwise preoccupied with Mothers Day) it looks like a... um.... mess.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I have heard that Ohio's heartbeat bill effectively bans the treatment of ectopic pregnancies, which are fatal for women if untreated. I haven't been able to hear the pro-life side of this but I am rather concerned. Has anybody heard more?
    Not according to the bill.

Source: http://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/solarapi/v1/general_assembly_132/bills/hb258/EN/05?format=pdf

(B) Sections 2919.192 to 2919.195 of the Revised Code apply only to intrauterine
    pregnancies.

(A)(1) "Medical emergency" has the same meaning as in section 2919.16 of the Revised Code.
    (A)(2) "Medical necessity" means a medical condition of a pregnant woman that, in the
    reasonable judgment of the physician who is attending the woman, so complicates the pregnancy that
    it necessitates the immediate performance or inducement of an abortion.

(E) If a medical emergency or medical necessity compels the performance or inducement of
    an abortion, the physician who will perform or induce the abortion, prior to its performance or
    inducement if possible, shall inform the pregnant woman of the medical indications supporting the
    physician's judgment that an immediate abortion is necessary.

"Intrauterine pregnancy" means a pregnancy in which the fetus is attached to the
    placenta within the uterus of the pregnant woman .

© Copyright Original Source

Ectopic pregnancies do not fall under this code.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---