Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Scheduled Maintenance - 19/05/2019 4AM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Maintenance - 19/05/2019 4AM EST

Yes, some more scheduled maintenance.

This will be a longer one (will be trying to keep it under 1 hour) as I will be upgrading the OS, upgrading the PHP version and other items.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    Yes, some more scheduled maintenance.

This will be a longer one (will be trying to keep it under 1 hour) as I will be upgrading the OS, upgrading the PHP version and other items.
    You are much appreciated, sir - I'm suspecting at least some of this is preventative in nature.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You are much appreciated, sir - I'm suspecting at least some of this is preventative in nature.
      It's prepping for a bunch of things, including getting the site to perform better

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        It's prepping for a bunch of things, including getting the site to perform better
        BTW, I have turned back on some settings to see if the changes from last weekend have improved that situation.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Not sure if this is deliberate or not, but I just wanted to note that if you go to http://www.theologyweb.com/, instead of redirecting to http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/ like it used to it now just shows a blank page with "Hello" written in the top left corner.

EDIT: Huh, I refreshed the page and now it seems to redirect like usual. Weird...

I wonder if I just needed to clear the cache/cookies?

Comment

Same problem here.
            theologyweb.com does what Chrawnus noted, and trying refresh does fix the problem.
            theologyweb.com/campus works as it should.
            Last edited by tabibito; 05-13-2019, 05:44 AM.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

In the past (for at least the last 6 months, I'd guess) when I accidentally typed - theologyweb.com - without the www, it would fail to land on the site --- now it successfully brings up theologyweb every time. Just FYI.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I abbreviated in the post - the "www." goes in the url window. But - whatever the problem was, it isn't misbehaving anymore (from my end at least).

Thanks for the reply.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                  Not sure if this is deliberate or not, but I just wanted to note that if you go to http://www.theologyweb.com/, instead of redirecting to http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/ like it used to it now just shows a blank page with "Hello" written in the top left corner.

EDIT: Huh, I refreshed the page and now it seems to redirect like usual. Weird...

Yeah, I had left a index.htm page there with the wording and forgot to remove it.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

5 days later - no problems here. Just the normal campus page.

Comment

OS update done.

PHP update is postponed to next week.

(creating the snapshot took longer that I had allowed for)

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X