Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ballot Harvesting Added Over 250,000 Votes in Orange County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballot Harvesting Added Over 250,000 Votes in Orange County

This info is a little bit late but is still useful. I heard about this briefly on the radio but found an article on it.

“Ballot Harvesting” Added Over 250,000 Votes in Orange County – Flipping Four Seats Blue
    Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila December 2, 2018 262 Comments

The C-o-m-m-u-n-i-s-t-s Democrats in California quietly passed legislature in 2016 allowing ballot harvesting.

Very few people took notice when far left Governor Jerry Brown signed the changes in AB1921 into law two years ago.

As a result, California lost 7 of its 14 Republican House seats this election cycle.

Ballot harvesting is illegal in most states. In Texas, New York and Pennsylvania they arrest people for ballot harvesting.

Orange County, traditionally a conservative enclave in Southern California turned all blue after Democrats found hundreds of thousands of votes post election day.

Republicans such as Mimi Walters, Dana Rohrabacher and Young Kim were all ahead election night only to lose their races after late ballots were counted.

The amount of mail-in ballots counted in Orange County were unprecedented – a whopping 250,000 ballots were produced in OC as a result of the new “ballot harvesting” law.

(c) 2018 of original source
    link is http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...ur-seats-blue/

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html

In 2016, Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law a change to Section 3017 of the Election Code that allows any person to collect a mail-in ballot from voters and turn in the mail ballot to a polling place or the registrar’s office. Prior law restricted the practice to just relatives of or those living in the same household as the voter.

While critics decry it as the practice of a “banana republic,” proponents of the change say it allows more eligible citizens to participate in elections across California. Here’s how the legislation spells out the practice:
    (a) All vote by mail ballots cast under this division shall be voted on or before the day of the election. After marking the ballot, the vote by mail voter shall do any of the following: (1) return the ballot by mail or in person to the elections official from whom it came, (2) return the ballot in person to a member of a precinct board at a polling place within the jurisdiction, or (3) return the ballot to the elections official from whom it came at a vote by mail ballot drop-off location, if provided pursuant to Section 3025. However, a vote by mail voter who is unable to return the ballot may designate any person to return the ballot to the elections official from whom it came or to the precinct board at a polling place within the jurisdiction. The ballot must, however, be received by either the elections official from whom it came or the precinct board before the close of the polls on election day.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The potential for rigging elections is staggering.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Yeah they need to do a check with the voters and see if they did indeed actually vote and for whom.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          This info is a little bit late but is still useful. I heard about this briefly on the radio but found an article on it.

Bad idea all the way around. It would seem to me, uf a person can get a ballot, they ought to be able to get it back

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Bad idea all the way around. It would seem to me, if a person can get a ballot, they ought to be able to get it back

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment