Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

‘Empire’ To End After Upcoming Season 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Empire’ To End After Upcoming Season 6

‘Empire’ To End After Upcoming Season 6; Still “No Plans” For Jussie Smollett Return

Good job, Jussie!!!

Disclaimer - I've never seen an episode, and barely even knew this show existed.

The reign of Empire on Fox is coming to an end next year. Just two weeks after the Charlie Collier-run Fox Entertainment renewed Lee Daniels and Danny Strong’s hip hop drama for a sixth season and guided Jussie Smollett toward the exit door, it was announced Monday during Fox’s pre-upfront call that the self-described “groundbreaking cultural phenomenon” will be canceled once Season 6 is done next year.

“We are turning the final season into a large TV event — we are trying to go out guns a-blazing,” Collier said on the call of Empire‘s last season, which will be 20 episodes. “You allow fans to lean in and have the ending they deserve.”

Questioned about the possibility that the legally challenged Smollett could return for the final season, Collier dodged and replied with language reminiscent of last month’s press release. “There’s an option to have Jussie in the series but we have no plans for that,” he said, noting that the writers room for Season 6 hasn’t been opened yet.

That COULD, of course, mean that Jussie will return for a ratings boost - who knows!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The first thing I thought of upon seeing the thread's title was Star Wars.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
      The first thing I thought of upon seeing the thread's title was Star Wars.
      That's because we've never watched it, nor have we cared about it in the least.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        ‘Empire’ To End After Upcoming Season 6; Still “No Plans” For Jussie Smollett Return

Good job, Jussie!!!

Disclaimer - I've never seen an episode, and barely even knew this show existed.
        That's a little surprising. While the series has lost a lot of popularity over its run, it was actually crazy popular in its first season (2015). It was stunning especially from a ratings perspective, and not just because it got a lot of viewers; normally ratings for a TV show drop off for the second episode compared to the first, but Empire actually went up and gained viewers every episode of its first season. It wasn't as popular afterwards but still maintained

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Good job, Jussie!!!

That's a little surprising. While the series has lost a lot of popularity over its run, it was actually crazy popular in its first season (2015). It was stunning especially from a ratings perspective, and not just because it got a lot of viewers; normally ratings for a TV show drop off for the second episode compared to the first, but Empire actually went up and gained viewers every episode of its first season. It wasn't as popular afterwards but still maintained

Comment

Never watched it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Never watched it either.
              The first I heard of it was Jussie's arrest. And from what I can see, it appears it was going "great guns" and his screw-up pretty much killed it. But I really don't know.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I used to use a song from it in one of my dance classes. That's about it.
                Visit my website! I have cookies. http://www.amyelizabethatkins.com

Comment

hi Thespia!!

Comment

Now we know why so many from the show kept supporting Smollett. For many of them that was the best paying job that they'll ever have and now it's gone.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Now we know why so many from the show kept supporting Smollett. For many of them that was the best paying job that they'll ever have and now it's gone.
                      That's the way I saw it. He killed it, not just for him, but for the crew.

Comment